75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a very real possibility that the horses could be moved and that is why somone who is concerned needs to be there with a video camera if it happens. From what has been said there are people close by that are ready to take the horses ....maybe they could also go and take turns monitoring the place and take some food out too!!! Anyone of you close by be able to do that? Please, pretty please??? Mary

I'm sure some of you all have thought of this but as the deputy & sheriff get more & more agitated & the heat turns up, Vern might get help through them to relocate the horses to an undisclosed location receiving the same lack of care........... This way the sheriff & deputy will have gotten the easy way out & will not have to be held accountable for their inaction & lies. If the horses remain where they are they know they will have to do something to save face when / if the media decides to put them on the spot.

At this point we have obviously gotten the message across to Trembly and to the local authorities. Rather than overkill let's coordinate the efforts and contacts. Ginny will know who the primary contact folks should be from among us who can work through Susan and the constable to intervene without breaking any laws. If I may - I worry about the telephonic and internet harassment law that Kansas has on the books. We don't want to face another gigantic lawsuit for speaking our minds. Coordination is best at this point.

If Mr. Trembly is 70 it has to be hard for him to afford care for the horse. No excuse is accepable I know yet I think we will do more good if we can offer him help rathr than threats. Purchasing horses from him to go to rehabbers is a good way to get started. Offering to buy feed that they can be weaned on to is a help. Buying sand colic prevention and daily worming and vitamin supplements is a help. Looking at what volunteer help may be available through the local FFA and Honor Society at the high school - each requires community service hours - could help and they may be able to have daily visit schedule set up so he doesn't have to worry about getting out to feed and water on his own. Perhaps a boy scout going for his Eagle Scout would coordinate and clean up and shelter building project for him. Or girl sch=out going for her gold award - or something on that level in another group/.

YOu all have done a tremendous job so far. Your hearts are bigger than the world. We pull together as group to help each other out. Let's help rehab the situation in positive way. Mona and Ginny, I pledge $200. for your fund. I know you have had many other very generous donors - it may help us get this moving from the complaint to the remedy stage. Vicki

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably start calling Jthe county commisioners. They meet on Monday and Friday. Their number is 620-223-3800.They work from 8 a.m. central till 3:00 p.m. Jolene Smith is just employeed by the city. She is the Fort Scott City aco. No county authority.

Thank you, Unknown! :aktion033: I posted about 20 some pages back the typical setup to a small county, I live in one as well.

AND that the county commissioners are the payroll to the sheriff's office and they are the only contact you can go to inform them that there law dept isn't operating correctly. The will be the ones to have a meeting and can push the sheriff's buttons.

:eek: The sheriff's department doesn't have a clue as to how big this has become and it won't go away till they are surrendered. This is not good for the county commissioners and their little community, it will haunt them and their future per having people move there etc...

I appreciate the accurancy of the info on the county com. That will help get somewhere, although I think Ginny or Jess should contact them, due to their one on one with the minis the other day.

Any other info you could do to help with maybe placing an add about the obvious neglect in the local newspaper would be terrific...to open the eyes of the community. I think they would care to know the truth and may be willing to help as well. :bgrin

Thanks!!!

I would have to agree with Vicki. I was on hold for Mr. Price while he was speaking to Sheriff Coleman, and he was going to call Ginny right after I talked to him. I told him she was the best person to call as she is an eyewitness and can give the facts.

Anyway, the NBC affiliate is on the case and I am expecting some action very soon.
default_yes.gif
: Monitoring the horses is a great idea--without trespassing--to make sure he doesn't try to get rid of the "evidence".

Also, a very helpful person at one of the news desks I contacted said that the Attorney General is the one who oversees the Sheriff. FYI. (But Vicki probably knows that already.)

(Oh, and just so you know: Vernon Trembly owns almost 300 acres in Haigler, NE that has been assessed at a value of close to $72,000--according to the public records. I will take that land off his hands if he throws in all the minis as part of the deal. I'm not kidding.)

Rebecca

(P.S.-I tried to fax the Sheriff's office this morning but could not get my fax to go through. "Busy". :bgrin )

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I just got an e-mail from Fox news. It says.... "Linda Wagar is on her way to do a story re: the horses.. "

Im not sure if anyone has heard of Rainbows Meadow Ranch..it is in Sedan Kansas. And I think maybe they would help with this rescue. Has anyone contacted them?I have a number if anyone needs it!!

I am wondering if my computer ate a post or something else happened but I don't have a post that says anything about working through Susan....which Susan would that be? I am also missing how the message has gotten across to Trembly.... so if anyone could repost those I would really appreciate it.

I thas been stated that Mr. Trembly has plenty of money to meet the needs of his horses, but I am all for seeing that the horses get taken care of regardless of what he has for funds. My fear is, he has already resisted anyone taking his horses so they could be helped and if we step in and just feed and tend to them it will only make it easier for him to keep them, when he has already proven he won't take care of them . I truly believe in working within the laws but we can't be naive and then think these minis are going to be saved .....he has lied to Susan O. and he will again and again and get away with it. Laws should not be used to protect the guilty and he is already guilty of animal abuse...we can't deny the pictures show that. Just so frustrated and heartbreaking. Look at it that the sherrif isn't being harrassed but he ihas been asked and is being asked to do something about the situation.
default_unsure.png
: Mary

At this point we have obviously gotten the message across to Trembly and to the local authorities. Rather than overkill let's coordinate the efforts and contacts. Ginny will know who the primary contact folks should be from among us who can work through Susan and the constable to intervene without breaking any laws. If I may - I worry about the telephonic and internet harassment law that Kansas has on the books. We don't want to face another giagantic lawsuit for speaking our minds. Coordination is best at this point.

If Mr. Trembly is 70 it has to be hard for him to afford care for the horse. No excuse is accepable I know yet I think we will do more good if we can offer him help rathr than threats. Purchasing horses from him to go to rehabbers is a good way to get started. Offering to buy feed that they can be weaned on to is a help. Buying sand colic prevention and daily worming and vitamin supplements is a help. Looking at what volunteer help may be available through the local FFA and Honor Society at the high school - each requires community service hours - could help and they may be able to have daily visit schedule set up so he doesn't have to worry about getting out to feed and water on his own. Perhaps a boy scout going for his Eagle Scout would coordinate and clean up and shelter building project for him. Or girl sch=out going for her gold award - or something on that level in another group/.

YOu all have done a tremendous job so far. Your hearts are bigger than the world. We pull together as group to help each other out. Let's help rehab the situation in positive way. Mona and Ginny, I pledge $200. for your fund. I know you have had many other very generous donors - it may help us get this moving from the complaint to the remedy stage. Vicki

I tried to post this morning right after I called him as some of you asked me to do. And then my computer shut down so I am trying again.

I called him and asked him if he would consider giving some of them up willingly to rescue. I told him the people really and truly care about them and would not be taking them to breed and make a profit but just to get them the care they need.

I also put it in the frame of reference that he would lessen his workload if he had less to care for, because I know he helped farmers this summer with driving combines and balers etc, in exchange for feed and/or hay. He also stays with and helps an 86 year old lady with things (probably who someone referred to as his girlfriend) as well as a few other people in town. (This helpful part sounds like the Vern I know.)

I also know that while he is healthy for the most part, he does have diabetes, heart disease and a bad back.

Although he is not complaining. I just wanted to point that out.

I told him I was thinking of HIM also in asking if he would give up some of them at least, for his own sake as well as theirs. I was trying very hard to give him reasons to want to do it willingly while also being truthful. And I told him I knew lots of them are really thin and in bad shape.

I also told him that we often do not realize just how bad something is if we are very close to it. I said I have to sometimes ask my husband to look at a horse that I am trying to put weight on or take off to see if there is progress because I can't really tell while seeing it every day. And I compared that to him seeing the herd each day while they have gone down hill worse then he has realized.

He still feels the advice from his own vet on worming is going to help and says he has seen a little progress already. And he said he got a load of hay in yesterday.

I tried over and over to get him to willingly give at least some of them up and he never agreed, but he also did not flatly refuse. Mostly he got quiet. But I wanted you to know I tried my best. I truly care about the horses and also Vern.

As to me buying some, I would LOVE to help. But my own vet has told me that where I live, a First winter is always a HARD winter for ANY animal coming from a milder climate. And to bring a thin one here would probably be almost impossible for it to not go further downhill. But if I can think of a way I'll do it.

Susan O.

Please docontact them and send pictures and Ginny's eye witness report....any and all contacts need to be made! Mary

Im not sure if anyone has heard of Rainbows Meadow Ranch..it is in Sedan Kansas. And I think maybe they would help with this rescue. Has anyone contacted them?I have a number if anyone needs it!!

I contacted them yesterday heard back last night and passed the info along to Shannon.

Susan -

I just wanted to personally say thank you for all that you are doing and for all of your efforts here...

Liz R.

Susan O please let me add my thanks to you for representing us all when you contacted Vern. I know it had to be a difficult thing to do. Bless you for trying!!!

Now.....I need somebody's help. The pictures that were posted on the first page aren't opening for me. Fox news wants me to send them pictures and I can't get those. If someone else can get them would you please e-mail them to me at [email protected]. I want to get them off to Fox News ASAP.

YES!!!! Thank you God, Thank you Fox News! :aktion033: :bgrin

I can't get them up either.

Are you talkig FOX cable or the local FOX channel?

Robin

Wow, I just got back on line today and came to read all the new posts, it's mind boggling. Okay I just checked my emails and have about 57 of them about this!!! From the various forums I have posted this on.

Here is one that Gini, Marty and others need to act on, please read

" read online about Lil Beginnings Miniature Horse Farm. Sounds like you guys need help higher up. I hope that I am contacting the proper people. If not, can you tell them they need to contact the State Veterinarian by writing a letter. I will explain. . .

If the Sheriff is the animal control officer, horse's are dying or horses are in really bad shape and he is doing nothing, the next step is to write the State Veterinarian. Whom ever has the photos and has been there is the one that needs to write the letter. If it consists of two or more people, each person should write their own letter to the state vet and enclose all materials and info. The letter should explain from start to finish what the experience was. (Example: On ___, I drove up to the farm and the first thing I noticed was . . . a dead horse or a, carcuses in the field, no evidence of hay or water. . .After I left the farm I contacted and spoke with Sheriff ? and informed him of the situation . . . ) Do not leave anything out. Make sure you go over your letter several times before you send it. If you leave anything out, I don't think you can add it later unless it is recent vet bills about a horse that came from that property. This letter that is being written is basically open an investigation case with the state. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I hope this information helps you save the mini's.

Andrea Nuccio

Helping Equines

Philomont, VA 20131

www.helpingequines.org

[email protected]"

Hello All

Sorry to not get on sooner but I have been swamped with phone calls and emails. GOOD ONES!!!!!

I did talk to Linda Wager of FOX 4 News and put her in touch with Ronni, our local contact. She ounded interested and wanted to get it done today in time for tonights news. I see where she is on her way! YIPPEE

I also got a call from Stuart Price from NBC in the Joplin area and he too is interested in talking to Ronni and has all the information he needs to do a story!

Your letters and calls are working and for that I am eternally thankful.

Calls and emails from other rescues in Kansas are coming in with offers of help too.. (I'll get back to all of you, PROMISE)

Shannon is keeping a list of all the people who offer foster homes but we will need LOTS of transportation in order to get them where they need to be. When you offer a place or a transport please be sure to give her your FULL contact info. For some all we have is an LB name. I'd love to go in today but I know that is not possible, every day that passes those minis will be getting skinnier and skinnier and the weather there is turning cold. I DON'T WANT TO BE PICKING UP BODIES.

So keep the pressure on, but everybody, please be nice about it. I know it's hard to keep from saying what you really feel. Yelling and screaming and nasty emails won't get people on our side. Prayers will certainly help.

The skinny minis I saw were not old, neither was that skull!

Ginny St Pierre, President CMHR

. I would worry about legal action being taken against them. There are, after all, tresspass laws. We know people there are not happy about all this notariety. Anyone who goes there without either Mr. Trembly or the Sheriff's permission could very well be arrested..........or worse.

I agree with what you are saying, however - if these horses can be seen from the road or someone else's property it is not trespassing. You can take all the pictures you want if you're not trespassing.

I wanted to let you guys know that i am a rescue also. Rosehill area which is close to wichita. I can take on a few minis if he is willing to give them up or they are taken away. 2nd chances rescue is the name of my rescue. My name is jessica and if there is anything i can do please let me know. I am making room and moving things around in case some of the mini's do come here. I hope that something gets done with these guys and it happens quickly. I also have a stock trailer so if needing to haul will not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back