75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an e-mail from a reporter at the FT Scott Tribune wanting to do an article. Ginny STP I can't

get thru to you please check your e-mails.

[SIZE=14pt] JUST IN!!!!! A farm has just donated $500 and challanges others to donate what they can thru[/SIZE]

paypal.

THANK YOU for your fantastic donation!!! THANK YOU to all that are helping with these miniatures. Whether it be letter writing, faxing, or donations we all thank you!!!!!

Has anybody contacted the BIG feed companys like farnam, purina a.so..maybe they would donate bags of feed??
default_unsure.png
:
default_unsure.png
:

Has anybody contacted the BIG feed companys like farnam, purina a.so..maybe they would donate bags of feed??

Yes
default_yes.gif
:

Comment of the day:

The whole thing makes no sense.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

OK I also just heard back from the fort scott tribune and was told they are working on it. I also just got word from another rescue willing to help ..........Shannon I forwarded both emails to you figured I might spread some of the load that way :bgrin :bgrin

Could the local feed stores be contacted to try and decide what kind if any feed Mr. Trembly feeds and at what frequency he buys feed. There isn't a large amount of feed stores in the area. Hammond Feed 620-857-4421. Miller Feed 620-223-3420, there is a circle s feeds I couldn't find the number. There is also a gentleman in Fort Scott that may be a good person to recruit into helping. He is the pastor at Faith Christian Center in Fort Scott, his name is Tim O'Neal. His wife and him have a few mini's. There is also a Girad Elevator in Girad, Kansas that is pretty popular to buy bulk feed.

Large corporations generally use the same standard response, which is as follows:

Company xyz receives thousands of requests annually from many worthwhile organizations. We are simply not able to approve all requests and would not want to approve some and not others when they are similar in nature.

Company xyz will not be able to support your program at this time. We do wish you the very best with your project.

I'm really afraid that anyone from the media who goes out to report on the plight of these horses, will get the same song & dance from the sheriff and his office as everyone that has called has received. Unless the media representative is knowledgeble about horses, they will accept what the sheriff is saying as truth and report that the rest of the world is getting upset over nothing. Didn't someone from the media already say something to that effect earlier in this thread? Sheriff said all is fine, so all is indeed fine?? I wish we had a horse rescue rep or a knowledgeble horse person on site to contradict the sheriff's party line and speak to the media. We really don't want negative stories about us, the ones who care, reported.

I'm sure Ginny and all are familiar with this already, but for those of you who aren't, here's a link to information on the Henneke body scoring system.

http://www.habitatforhorses.org/rescues/bodyscoring.html

This system is universally recognized and accepted in courts of law. All vets should be familiar with it. If the Sheriff (who's supposed to be the "animal control") isn't familiar with it, then he shouldn't be the humane officer. Just my $.02.

Bookmark this next site and keep a watch in the next few days for minutes of their meeting. I have just started to read the Sept. minutes to see if the Sheriff brought this situation to light in any of the minutes.

http://bourboncountyks.org/minutes/commission_minutes.htm

Seeing that the site for the minutes is public information I would HIGHLY suggest that everyone send email to EACH commisioner that sits on that committee. I am sure it would make for interesting reading in the weeks to come. Obviously the Sheriff didn't feel it necessary to bring the information out about the complaints received about the Trembly herd of minis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment of the day:

The whole thing makes no sense.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: Marty I think I have an answer. BARNEY FIFE has left Mayberry and is now the Sheriff for Uniontown.KS!!!!!! That is the only explanation I can come up with..... I sure wish Andy Taylor would have got the job!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but with all the frustration I felt like a little humor instead of sadness................

I have emailed and called all the people and places listed. I spoke to the deputy too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I informed him that all is not well in KS and the WORLD is watching very closely. I also explained to him what CMHR stands for and that I had the priveledge to foster 2 minis just like the ones in his jurisdiction last Winter. That Ginny ST P. and Gini A. as well as all the people of CMHR are FANTASTIC people to work with!!!!!!That we are here for the welfare of horses and we are growing in numbers rather quickly. I asked him to please make sure his boss understands this and gets my message. He did state" We have received many many faxes, emails and calls regarding this matter and we are working on it". I thanked him and told him we will be talking again soon..........

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE. WE ARE STRONG IN OUR NUMBERS!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THIS TOPIC IT HAS BEEN VEIWED 51,000 times.

Well at least I have been forgiven for my tirade on the other forum in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I have ever felt so helpless in trying to DO SOMETHING that might make a difference. Princess Alia is very much a horse lover and quite the horseperson.

aliaalhussein Re:Minis in Kansas, Today, 10:00 PM

Advanced Senior Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 21

Don't apologise love, its always frustrating to see such things,and at least when others respond one feels less ALONE! I understand perfectly,and God Bless you for caring! Alia

Dear Princess Alia, thank you for taking the time to read my post about the minis in Kansas. I am apologizing to all those that posted, I was so distraught last night, or early this morning, I thought nobody cared, I am so very sorry and thank you so very much

Sincerely,

Danielle Emond

Okay, is there an update at all about the t.v. coverage? Is it happening, any news anyone in the know about this? and if so will this only be airing locally???? I get Fox and NBC so just wondering ....

I'm really afraid that anyone from the media who goes out to report on the plight of these horses, will get the same song & dance from the sheriff and his office as everyone that has called has received. Unless the media representative is knowledgeble about horses, they will accept what the sheriff is saying as truth and report that the rest of the world is getting upset over nothing. Didn't someone from the media already say something to that effect earlier in this thread? Sheriff said all is fine, so all is indeed fine?? I wish we had a horse rescue rep or a knowledgeble horse person on site to contradict the sheriff's party line and speak to the media. We really don't want negative stories about us, the ones who care, reported.
I'm a little worried about this myself. It was be tragic actually getting someone from a good media source to Uniontown to report the story and be fed the same bull we have been, and them believe it and report it. Ugh...

This is my first post on this thread.....but believe me, I have been diligently reading all along...and I'm just as horrified as the rest of you.
default_sad.png
I haven't posted, as I didn't think I had any suggestions to add. But, I've been e-mailing & racking my brain trying to come up with other ideas. One thing I read keeps coming back to me as strange. It was said that Mr. Trembly lives in "Government Housing". I work for Section 8 Metropolitan Housing here in Miami Co., Ohio....and I don't see how he could possibly be receiving Government assistance with all the assets he has in his name.
default_unsure.png
: Government housing is based on income...which includes assets. He may not be getting a lot of income, BUT...he certainly has lots of assets (Land & animals) that we know of.

Of course, contacting the authorities to check on this would take time, red tape (you know how the government works.
default_rolleyes.gif
: )...and would only result in Mr. Trembly possibly losing his Government assisted housing. It wouldn't help these poor horses situation at all. :no:

I hope the TV networks blow this whole thing out of the water & the entire nation becomes aware. Maybe then, something will be done. I only hope it's not too late.
default_sad.png
I'm worried, too, that the TV reporters get the truthful story. Do we have any representatives talking to them to tell them what is actually happening, or are they just going to be fed the same bull from the Sheriff's Dept.?

I keep getting flashbacks from the Guide Horse fiasco...and how they really played into the media (because it was a "warm fuzzy" story) & fed them all sorts of lies & half-truths about Miniatures being perfect for that use....just for publicity, to promote their books & get donations for their "Program".
default_rolleyes.gif
: The media ate it up....never giving the "other side of the story" a chance! It just didn't make good press. :no:

Fox 4 news is on several times through the evening, first broadcast starting in about 10 minutes (5pm Central time) . Its on again at 6 pm, 9 pm and 10 pm. I'll be watching each broadcast closely, hoping for a news story that is favorable for the horses!!

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/News/Local?pageId=3.2 The website is updated throughout the day, hopefully something will be on there later as well!!

Thank you Mary. I'll be anxiously waiting for your update.

Everybody think positive!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!! Pray!!! Anyhing you can think of that might help.

Fox 4 news is on several times through the evening, first broadcast starting in about 10 minutes (5pm Central time) . Its on again at 6 pm, 9 pm and 10 pm. I'll be watching each broadcast closely, hoping for a news story that is favorable for the horses!!

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/News/Local?pageId=3.2 The website is updated throughout the day, hopefully something will be on there later as well!!
Just sent all the pictures to the news room. Please let us know that it did some good.

Thanks

Gini

I keep getting flashbacks from the Guide Horse fiasco...and how they really played into the media (because it was a "warm fuzzy" story) & fed them all sorts of lies & half-truths about Miniatures being perfect for that use....just for publicity, to promote their books & get donations for their "Program". The media ate it up....never giving the "other side of the story" a chance! It just didn't make good press.
I was thinking the same thing last night!!! But in the end the good guy(s) always win :bgrin

I just got word that 2 news stations out of pittsburgh ks WILL be airing this story tomorrow.

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back