75 - 125 Kansas Minis "OMG Please help by WRITING!!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a small sample of all the FAXES I made up to send to the Sheriff in the morning:

SAFE THE LITTLE HORSES

CALL CHANCES MINIATURE HORSE RESCUE TODAY

FORCE TREMBLY TO SIGN THE SURRENDER PAPERS

AND THIS CAN ALL GO AWAY

GOOD LOVING HOMES ARE WAITING FOR THE LITTLE HORSES

CALL CHANCES MINIATURE HORSE RESCUE

DOES YOUR WIFE KNOW ABOUT THIS???

HELP US SAVE THE MINIS

CALL CHANCES MINIATURE HORSE RESCUE NOW

THEY ARE OUT OF TIME

LET US HELP

CALL CHANCES MINIATURE HORSE RESCUE TODAY

DID YOU GET ANY SLEEP LAST NIGHT?

ARREST VERNON TREMBLY

DON'T LET A CRMINIAL GET AWAY

IT'S YOUR JOB

THE HORSES WILL HAVE JUSTICE

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO UP HOLD THE LAW

BY THE TIME YOU GET THIS ONE MILLION PEOPLE

WILL KNOW YOU WON'T HELP THE LITTLE HORSES

That midnight convoy sounds better and better but I would be so afraid they wouldn't even make it across the border with being so weak. I have never been so frustrated with law enforcement in my life....and this is what tax payers pay for!
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

BTW the susidies he has received are not at all unusual for farmers who don't want to work their land. We have over 25,000 farmers/ranchers in this state who receive subsidies...yes we do pay for our groceries more than once with this type of thing.
default_unsure.png
:

So the night ride is looking pretty good to me.

I am definately for a midnight convoy!!! Pull up and load up and make everyone disappear into the night~and the neighbors wouldn't tell a soul cause they are disgusted too.

Can you tell how much I dispise our legal system and red tape??? Nobody hates it worse than me.
Marty, my friend and I are ready to lead the convoy from California! We're hitched up and ready to go...just give us the word! :xbud: The cavalry rides again!

That midnight convoy sounds better and better but I would be so afraid they wouldn't even make it across the border with being so weak.

We have one home ready just right over the Kansas boarder in Oklahoma who can take some

and plenty of places out of Unionville too not that far. I think they all can make it, because our fosters can

have medical attention waiting.

I want the one that is down and cannot get up.

Oh, that is so good to hear! I hope you can save that one for sure! Mary

That midnight convoy sounds better and better but I would be so afraid they wouldn't even make it across the border with being so weak.

We have one home ready just right over the Kansas boarder in Oklahoma who can take some

and plenty of places out of Unionville too not that far. I think they all can make it, because our fosters can

On the Rocky Mountain Horse club page where he is listed as a member, "Vern Trembly", there is a number which I assume is a phone number:

Trembly, Vern

I wonder if we all call him, if it would pressure him to surrender them??? Or would it make matters worse?

I don't want to do anytning that would make matters worse, that's for sure.

SAVE THE LITTLE HORSES!!!

The Sheriff told me his X wife resides in Colorado and he was there 2 weeks ago with a trailer of horses that he said was stolen. Who knows? So many stupid lies.

Oh good lord, I must be tired.

Check the link out, here, lol, and go to the bottom and read the last letter to the editor from a Vicky Trembly in Topeka. I understand that is where he lives... if this is him it might explain the situaition???

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/082107/opi_192985193.shtml
I dont think so Danielle I could be wrong but my understanding was that he was physically capable of taking care of the pony ride business as well as the minis

Oh good lord, I must be tired.

Check the link out, here, lol, and go to the bottom and read the last letter to the editor from a Vicky Trembly in Topeka. I understand that is where he lives... if this is him it might explain the situaition???

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/082107/opi_192985193.shtml
Even if that is him, that's no excuse for how the horses are being treated. He does not have to keep them. No excuse at all. He could have surrendered them or hired someone to look after them...

Trembly, Vern

I don't care who you call and what you say to him go for it but this guy will lie his head off to you! So don't fall for his lies we want him to surrender the horses to us period.

I am not playing nice nice with this person one bit. Its time he plays hardball or suffer the consequences is the way i see it

Oh that's true, forgot about the other article about the pony rides, that was in 2006, this one is August 2007. I sure hope he isn't just going to put them in a trailer and hightail it out there and hide them. Lord I wish we had some people that were within an hour of there and willing to document on a daily or often at least. It wouldn't surprise me if the heat gets too bad that he does something like that.

How old is this guy, has anyone spoken to him directly???? and if so what has he said

Last edited by a moderator:
So the night ride is looking pretty good to me.

I am definately for a midnight convoy!!! Pull up and load up and make everyone disappear into the night~and the neighbors wouldn't tell a soul cause they are disgusted too.

Can you tell how much I dispise our legal system and red tape??? Nobody hates it worse than me.
I am with Marty. It's been 3 weeks now and NOTHING IS DONE. If possible I think a group should go there and get them, turn them out, or at least set up a protest and picket that place till something IS done. I bet a lot of residents there would join in. Even picket the Sheriff's Office. Looks like these poor horses are dying every day while we try and cut through the red tape. Just WHO is suppose to be feeding these poor babies if the owner doesn't even live there.

I would be willing to take one or two or even more if they could leave the state. I only have 2 minis and I could certainly set up temporary housing, plenty of food, and vet care.

This has me so upset I can't sleep at night. PLEASE GOD, HELP THEM!!!

Okay, Vicki, what is the worse thing that could happen if a bunch of people went down there and just got them out of there and documented EVERYTHING and brought a t.v. station with them. Or perhaps they just mysteriously dissapear. Am I getting this right, that some residents of Uniontown are aware of this situation and have been all along but they did nothing about it???? What is the vet's name that supposedly went and did the report????

And this is the ad that has been on the internet. nSame number!

Vern Trembly of Trembly Tiny Trails, in Uniontown, Kansas has a large number of minis of all ages and colors for sale! But he does not have email. If you are close to there or happen to know him from his over 40 years in the minis, give him a call to ask about his horses. I bought my stallion Vega Light Vant Huttenest from him 12 years ago when he was still in Colorado.
default_smile.png
His number is 620-224-7320.

On the Rocky Mountain Horse club page where he is listed as a member, "Vern Trembly", there is a number which I assume is a phone number:

Trembly, Vern

I wonder if we all call him, if it would pressure him to surrender them??? Or would it make matters worse?

I don't want to do anytning that would make matters worse, that's for sure.

SAVE THE LITTLE HORSES!!!

Marty, If there are plenty of places not far from there that can take the minis why can't they be talked into at least checking daily on these little guys and would they be ready to help with protesting the sherifs office? We need their help NOW to help those minis! Mary

Since this is a matter of public record, I have no problems posting this. (I LOVE the internet!)
default_yes.gif
:

www.intelius.com

You can find just about anyone on this website. When you search for Vernon D. Trembly, you see all the places he's lived and likely relatives. You can also search Vicki L. Trembly and her locations coincide with Mr. Trembly. (Sorry, no information on whether he's paralyzed or not.)

www.zabasearch.com

You can find people here, too. Names, addresses, phone numbers. You can search by state or all states in the U.S.

I searched the public records for the places Trembly has lived and the mailing address for the three (yes three) properties totalling at least 286 acres in Haigler, Nebraska (Dundy County) shows his Uniontown address for mailing purposes. You can find property parcel information at the county websites.

In addition to Haigler, Nebraska, previous addresses include Wray, Colorado (Yuma County) and it also shows his ex-wife lives there currently.

He shows as current on his tax payments (darn!).

Like I said...all a matter of public record.

Edited: Gee, just a thought...could he be shuffling the horses to NE or CO?? Wouldn't he need a Coggins? Yikes!

The Sheriff told me his X wife resides in Colorado and he was there 2 weeks ago with a trailer of horses that he said was stolen. Who knows? So many stupid lies.

Oh look who I found... But I guess if he was just there two weeks ago with horses, I don't guess she would give up any information on him. Wonder if his girlfriend made the trip with him?

Mary Trembly

(970) 332-5573

26480 County Road 42

Wray, CO 80758

Mr Trembly owns the property and has been collecting almost $100,000 in subsidies over the past years.

CMHR has a person in Ft Scott who is notifying the local paper of what is going on. Ft Scott is the Bourbon County seat. it is appx 10/15 miles from Uniontown who I understand has a population of about 250 people.

Ginny
WHAT?????????????? Now my blood is past boiling. How can someone who supposedly lives in government housing collect $100,000 in subsidies over the past years???????? Hello??? Something is no kosher here. Subsidies for what?????? Certainly isn't for improving his property.

Something smells here, any way to find out what the subsidies were for???
Okay, maybe someone can put a bug in IRS's ear. To check into seeing if he has been illeging to have outstanding deductions for the minis and not providing them with the care he claims.

AS PER THE OWNER OF THE LAND: Yes, you can contact the courthouse and get public record of who owns the land, but you will need some sort of address or lot numbers to destinguish where for them to find it. I have done that here where our town is small and lots of property sits unattended too.

NEWSPAPER ADD: Maybe see about a adjacent county to put the add, they wouldn't be inclinded to deny to where they would be under other jurisdiction. Or a major newspaper that covers that entire area. Nothing too negative, but to the point to draw concern. I can check with a local I know to get the best newspaper possibility for the add.

The new pictures are just horrifying, and I feel for Ginny and Jess for going in person...that would have tore my heart out to leave them there.
default_smile.png
Prays to you all for doing such a great job in helping!!!

As per info on Vern: The internet info I got showing he was a resident of Wray, CO and he is 70 yrs old and has also been a resident of Ft. Scott, Ks prior to the Colorado address. Which makes this his backyard and probably lots of people there know him and don't want to hurt him.

If you could get a representative to attend a county commissioner meeting, they will probably not want the publicity either and may offer to assist in encouraging the sheriff's dept.

First let me say, I am not trying to upset anyone by my post. This is difficult to know how to put into words.

I have been gone for 4 days delivering a little horse to New Mexico.

I had not spoken to Vern since that one time I posted way back at the beginning of this thread until yesterday.

And Vern called me and we talked for an hour or more yesterday while I was in New Mexico away from my computer. I had not seen any posts on this since any that were posted before noon Thursday.

Needless to say I am shocked to see the additional pictures. He has been a friend for 12 years so I had no reason to doubt him. He has always been honest with me before this. And this breaks my heart........ for the horses and also for Vern.

They were a happy healthy herd, of about 100 then too, when I met them in 1995 and in good shape and friendly.

So you can see why it was hard for me to realize all this has changed so much in the last few months to years.

I personally feel he is in denial, after seeing them go downhill each day slowly, instead of seeing them as we do all at once looking so terribly thin. And he told me he has been going to the farm every day and feeding them hay and feed every day and starting a new worming program. He also said he has been using ivermectin to worm all along. But is now going to do the 5 day panacur. After reading all of this I of course have to wonder how much of what he said is true and how much is not. He did tell me about the little gelding having cancer. He also again told me that 22 were stolen in August.

I did not know anything about a girlfriend. How was that found out?

I tend to always err on the side of charity, and it appears I may have done that again in being charitable in believing Vern.

But I am always willing to admit if I have made that mistake also, and it is looking like that is most likely the truth too, as sad as that makes me. I might have been totally duped either intentionally or unintentionally.

He truly might have the hoarding disease. But I do hope all of the different avenues you all are using will get help to these little horses that are in such sad shape.

Again, yesterday after talking to him and before coming home to read all this new news and see new pictures, I truly believed they were on the mend and that the Kansas University vet had talked to him about a new worming program and had told him she felt that was the problem. Because he told me how she had told him about the double dose 5 days in a row and also to start it with a single dose instead of double the first day to avoid making them possibly colic. But the lack of water and pasture really is sad for me to see.

I am very sad for the horses and also very sad for Vern.

Again I truly hope you can help the horses.

If you all can't understand my feeling terribly sorry for Vern also....... so be it.

I always feel tremendous sorrow for the guilty ones as well as the ones who are harmed in any situation.

And I pray for them. That is just part of me.

Susan O.

Very good wording Horsehug!

I truly gave him the benefit of the doubt to begin with, but it seems he is in desperate need of help to care for the minis.

It is sad to see the horses in their poor conditions and they are crying for help. Hope we all can pitch in and help them very soon.
default_yes.gif
:

Danielle, I have been thinking the same thing, that if these were my neighbors I'd be making a little midnight jaunt with a fence cutting tool. By morning there wouldn't be enough pieces of fence left to hold in one Mini, never mind 100. If someone made a midnight run and the horses disappeared, well, it's hard to restock if there are no fences.

I'm sorry, Susan, either this guy is a senile old coot who can't remember from hour to hour what he's said and done, or else he's a very accomplished liar who is deliberately misleading you. I actually know someone who is very much like that--she can tell the most convincing stories, and they're all blatant lies. Sadly, I think she believes them herself.

It concerns me that he owns land elsewhere. As someone said, it's possible that one of these nights these horses will just disappear, whisked off to an unknown location. That's very typical of these starvation/neglect cases.

Mention was made earlier about 12 horses that were missing, perhaps his pony ride horses. I'm thinking these are the same 12 horses that earlier on--a couple weeks ago--someone posted about it being good news that he had sold 12 horses to some private buyer. More lies I'll bet.

I'd like to take Mr. T and the darling sheriff & stash them somewhere for a couple of months with no food & only a bit of muddy slop to drink, and see how they like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back