3 month preggo PICS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Soooo excited about this mare! She is my first mare in foal, my first foal to come, and I am just so excited! Sunny is a daughter of Dippers Duffy and goes back to GMB three times! She is bred to a gorgeous 28.5" cremello stallion, Samis White Out, who is Top Banana bred top and bottom! This foal is going to be awesome! Definitely palomino, blue eyes, and crossing my fingers for a filly!! Sunny stays naturally trim so it's exciting to see a little tummy on her!

DSCN8098.jpg

DSCN8095.jpg

DSCN8080.jpg

I love this one...grumpy look lol!

DSCN8085.jpg

DSCN8083.jpg

And here's just a few pics of Dixie I took too, I love her
default_wub.png
:

10-6-07headshot1.jpg

Full facial lol!

DSCN8073.jpg

Hello,

Here one of our 3 mos mares, she is due in june. She is homozygous for tobiano. She is bred to our buckskin stud we sold Little Kings Hallmarks buckshot. We are hoping for a buckskin pinto filly.

DSC02936-1.jpg
Fancy Pants was show in some AMHA when she was a weanling and yearling by pervious owners.

I dont know what that little looks like, my mares are all 6-7 months along and they are looking pretty beefy

My mare who is seven months is a heavy/stocky/big boned mare to begin with. When I got her this year I got her to lose some weight, but wow her belly all of a sudden just popped!

I will see if I can get some pics of the girls this week when I go home.

Congratulations! :aktion033: The fetus at this point, would only be about 3 inches long....so she won't really be showing any baby belly for some time yet. I've had a few mares who don't show at all, until they are in their last tri-mester.
default_yes.gif
:

And isn't it nice to know exactly what color you are getting before the foal is even here! :bgrin

But, the foal may or may not have blue eyes. Blue eyes would have to come from the mother, as the sire only has them because he is a double-dilute. The mother definitely has some beautiful blue eyes that can be atributed to an overo gene. But...she would only throw them if she also threw the overo gene to the foal. If she is heterozygous for that gene...it would theoretically happen 50% of the time.
default_wink.png
:

Dona,

Thanks for the in depth information! I do believe Sunny must have inherited a gene for blue eyes since both her parents have brown but I sure hope she passes on those big baby blues!

And actually, the owner of the stallion, myself, and a few friends are debating on whether the stallion is really a cremello or if he could be a perlino or smokey black...I had this conversation as a topic not too long ago and according to his parents and grandparents, he could be of any three possibilities! Not sure until tests are sent in or, if Sunny has something other than a cremello or palomino foal =)

All so exciting!

p.s. Sunny is also my avatar, that picture had no editing to it whatsoever and that was her pulled straight from the pasture. You can see her natural lean bodyshape, vs. the little belly she's starting to get in the pics above! I know not from the baby yet but she's probably gaining some good weight for winter and for her pregnancy =) yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dona,

Thanks for the in depth information! I do believe Sunny must have inherited a gene for blue eyes since both her parents have brown but I sure hope she passes on those big baby blues!

And actually, the owner of the stallion, myself, and a few friends are debating on whether the stallion is really a cremello or if he could be a perlino or smokey black...I had this conversation as a topic not too long ago and according to his parents and grandparents, he could be of any three possibilities! Not sure until tests are sent in or, if Sunny has something other than a cremello or palomino foal =)

All so exciting!

p.s. Sunny is also my avatar, that picture had no editing to it whatsoever and that was her pulled straight from the pasture. You can see her natural lean bodyshape, vs. the little belly she's starting to get in the pics above! I know not from the baby yet but she's probably gaining some good weight for winter and for her pregnancy =) yay!
Blue eyes are associated with two overo genes...Splash and Frame. A Splash or Overo horse can also have brown eyes and foal blue-eyed babies if they pass one of those overo genes to them.

Since Sunny is not a "dilute".... she can't have a cremello foal (double dilute). If the stallion she's bred to IS a Cremello (double dilute chestnut), the foal should be Palomino. If the stallion is Perlino (double dilute bay), the foal should be Buckskin. Of course, if there are other color genes involved...you could get variations of these, such as Silver Buckskin.

If the stallion is white or creme colored....he wouldn't be a Smokey Black. Smokey Blacks look pretty much like a regular black horse...or sometimes can be a dark brownish color. But there would be no mistaking a Smokey Black for a Cremello or Perlino.
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops I meant smokey CREAM not smokey black =)
I thought as much. :bgrin

OK...so if the stallion IS a Smokey Creme...the foal could be a Smokey Black, or Palomino.
default_yes.gif
:

And forgot to mention, you can add Smokey Black to the mix if the stallion is a Perlino too. Buckskin if the stallion throws agouti, Smokey Black if it doesn't.

Back