24" @ 4 months old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
At last weekends show, I took my 2009 filly and had her heighted in. She was so small that the height stick would'nt go small enough and we had to use a ruler also. She measured at 24.00" on the dot at 4 months old. Her sire is 31.75" and dam is 32.00". I never measure her canon bone and sire is known for throwing small foals. So Im guessing she should mature around 30.00"- 32.00". What do you think? Thanks for your input.

I HAVE A STALLION THAT DOWN SIZES ALSO. I SOLD A DAUGHTER OF HIS LAST YEAR AND SHE WAS 23" AT 7 MONTHS OLD. THE MARE IS 28" AND HE IS 33". I THINK SHE WILL REMAIN VERY SMALL LIKE HER MOM.

I measured my colt yesterday. He's 4 months old and measured 24" (and that's with my stick which seems to measure higher than the one's used at the shows). His yearling full sister is 29". I expect him to mature between 28"-30". Mom is 31" and dad 30.5".

Barbie

I checked my cheat sheet on heights and it looks like she will mature between 29 to 30 inches.

I bet your girl will mature in the 29"-30" range. I wouldn't think she'd go over 30" if she's only 24" at 4 months. BUT, i'm sure i'm not the only one who gets surprises
default_smile.png

Got ya all beat...LOL
default_saludando.gif

My filly is 3 months old and 21" !!

Her dam is 30" and her sire is 33"

She was almost 17" when she was born.

Never ever thought she would be this small.

Her cannon bones are sooooo small. I bet she dosent get to 30"

Thats OK with me as she is going to be our therpy horse and visit the nursing homes & schools.

default_biggrin.png
Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a mare that was 34" tall bred to a 32" tall stud and the foal is now under 28" as a 2 yr. old. We were expecting him to mature around 32" at least but he's never going to see that height.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back