Yay! New Gallup poll out!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried posting this last night, but apparently me posting broke the internet. Oops.

So after calling and canceling on Letterman because he was suspending his campaign completely-he went over to Katie Couric's show for an interview. And I suppose McCain's definition of suspending a campaign is different than mine, because instead of being in Washington first thing yesterday morning he was STILL in New York at the Clinton Global Initiative. He still had his campaign offices open and his ads attacking Obama still ran on TV, despite McCain saying they would not.

And Palin's been rocking the interview's lately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM72M62jAUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP12aNzocSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WkCZV83Cp8

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

"Palin struggled at times and appeared less comfortable than in her earlier sit-down with ABC's Charles Gibson. When Couric asked why she cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of her foreign policy experience, Palin said: "It's funny that a comment like that was kinda made to . . . I don't know, you know . . . reporters -- "

"Mocked?" Couric asked.

"Mocked, yeah I guess that's the word, mocked."

Pressed on why her location enhanced her foreign policy experience, Palin said: "Well, it certainly does, because our, our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of." She added that when Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin "rears his head and comes into the airspace of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska."

Asked whether her lack of a passport until last year indicated a lack of curiosity about the world, Palin said she was not one of those "kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say, 'Go off and travel the world.' No, I've worked all my life. In fact, I usually had two jobs all my life until I had kids." She said she learned about the world through education and books."

I'm glad it looks like the debates will go ahead as planned, and that the V.P. debates won't be postponed, or even worse, canceled.

Palin said she was not one of those "kids who perhaps graduate college and their parents give them a passport and give them a backpack and say, 'Go off and travel the world.' No, I've worked all my life.
I think it's comments this that draw people to her.

Appy-and that's great. That's something I can respect about her.

I can't respect her still expecting us to believe that living kinda close to Russia and Canada gives her the foreign policy experience she needs. Saying that 'well if Russia attacks the U.S. they'll fly over Alaskan air space!' just doesn't do it for me.

And saying that McCain's always stood for financial reform and not being able to cite any times when he actually has...I'm glad that she at least admitted she didn't have an answer to that one, but I also haven't heard about her getting back to Katie Couric like she said she would.

You know watching her in two days of interviews with Katie Couric. Her talking and grasping for words reminds me of how Bush speaks.

And saying that McCain's always stood for financial reform and not being able to cite any times when he actually has...I'm glad that she at least admitted she didn't have an answer to that one, but I also haven't heard about her getting back to Katie Couric like she said she would.
You know these questions were all very unfair.. I really didn't know Couric could be such a witch. She was actually looking at Palin with almost a look of hate. Jealousy maybe? I always liked her but she really showed her true colors in that interview. All gotch questions. Nobody ever ask Al Gore what Bill Clinton did and voted for in the 26 years before he ran for President. And we all know both Bill & Hillary were mixed up in a lot. But this election is not about them. I'm only saying they were very unfair questions. These questions were all based on the fact that they wanted to embarrass Palin. I think she did a wonderful job for the stupid questions thrown at her. She is going to make a fantastic VP.

Kim, At least they are speaking for themselves, not what someone is telling them to say. I think it makes a difference. They have to think about how to answer a question, not like someone who has a teleprompter. At least she was speaking her own words. I think she did well. Very well. She is very ladylike and keeps her voice at an even level no like someone else we know. Every time Biden opens his mouth he puts his foot in it. He says the most outlandish things. How would we like him for President IF something happened to Obama.

I don't feel that Katie Couric had any hate in her eyes when she talked to Palin. She was trying to get a straight answer out of her. She was floundering and could not give one answer about what he has accomplished. It scares me.

And yes, I would like Biden as a president if anything were to happen to Obama.

Latest posts

Back