Yay! New Gallup poll out!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
And I have to say with the things that are happening in the market now,, I sure glad Bush didn't get his way and privatize social security. Like McCain wants to do also. How scary.

Let's not be greedy.
default_wink.png

I can't sleep again, watching news on ABC, they just mentioned a while ago that some of the Republicans are getting upset with McCain as he's talking like a Democrat ------don't bite the messenger!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please! John McCain has always stood up for what is right no matter if it was for or against a republican. They knew that about him before they appointed him for this campaign.

Rasmussen has McCain at 48% and Obama at 47%. It is deffinately a close race.

Did you guys see that people from the democratic party are backing McCain????
default_smile.png
Respectfully stated, of course.

Did you guys see that people from the democratic party are backing McCain????
default_smile.png
Respectfully stated, of course.
Yes, and I don't blame them
default_yes.gif

Real Clear Politics, a site that combines many different polls, shows a flat out tie at this time.

I really tried so hard (with open mind) to watch Palin/McCain Town Hall Meeting in Michigan yesterday but could not stand it.. Still talking about the war and how WE have to win it.. war, war, war.. I am so tired of it.. just like most of the world..
[SIZE=12pt]I completely agree and, as I told Steve, it was a McCain/Palin lovefest..ick! They were interrupting each other, to compliment each other..it was a little creepy.[/SIZE]

I do find it FACINATING how much the canned speeches have FINALLY been well, canned, the last few days, as the candidates realize the people want SOLUTIONS, not rhetoric. The debates are going to be a must see event.

Yes, I seen that Palin was interrupting McCain and giving him compliments and adding more to his answers.. It was almost like McCain really needs Palin to help him with the answers..
default_rolleyes.gif
And he was happy she was taking over..
[SIZE=12pt]...like I said, creepy
default_unsure.png
You know how, when you have an elderly parent or grandparent that can't quite get out their full meaning and you interrupt to "help"? That's how it felt to me....[/SIZE]

And OF COURSE there are Dems voting for McCain, just like I'm sure there are Republicans voting for Obama. It's hardly even worth pointing out. It's not as if no one in the history of ever has ever voted outside their party.
default_rolleyes.gif

When it is the top democratic fundraiser that is backing McCain it is a big deal.
default_rolleyes.gif
She's doing it because she says Obama is too elitist. I have to agree with her.

Have pretty much kept my mouth shut this time. I am a lifelong Democrat, but will be switching parties this time. Why? Because I have seen many "90 day wonders", and they neither have the knowledge, or common sense to get the job done.

I agree Just Us. People seem to forget a few FACTS. The first 6 years with Bush in office the economy was fine. A little over a year ago gas was $2.19 a gallon, the unemployment rate was 4.5%, the DOW hit a record high and we were all living large with our big houses and big trucks (us included). Then americans wanted change and a democratic congress was voted in. Gas has been $4.00 a gallon, unemployment went up, our home equity is dropping, all time high foreclosure rates and look at the DOW. It is so easy to blaime someone in public office or to insult a candidate but the numbers do not lie!!!

Fran

I agree Just Us. People seem to forget a few FACTS. The first 6 years with Bush in office the economy was fine. A little over a year ago gas was $2.19 a gallon, the unemployment rate was 4.5%, the DOW hit a record high and we were all living large with our big houses and big trucks (us included). Then americans wanted change and a democratic congress was voted in. Gas has been $4.00 a gallon, unemployment went up, our home equity is dropping, all time high foreclosure rates and look at the DOW. It is so easy to blaime someone in public office or to insult a candidate but the numbers do not lie!!!
Fran
Ain't that the truth..since our income depends on fuel prices..I was watching congress for days..what a eyeopenener that was..OMG
default_new_shocked.gif

Fran
EXACTLY right!!!!! But, now, I guess we shouldn't confuse anyone with actual facts
default_rolleyes.gif

As much as I would HATE to see SS privatized, *if* they did, then the Presidents wouldnt be able to 'steal' from it. No bashing there, nearly all of them have. They borrow from Peter to pay Paul, then us the SS card to do whatever, but dont tell us why SS is in trouble.
default_no.gif

I think Obama is up because people are seeing Palin for what she is. Now mind you her overall appeal may be good, those 'do as I say, not as I do' quips are getting O L D. Funny how she stands for one thing now, but months ago, she stood for and did the opposite. "Hey guys, I am against pork barrel spending, oh yeah, that bridge, well, I ended up being against it. Oh the money for it you ask? Well, I kept it of course, since I am against pork barrel spending, I figured if I kept it ( to use for my State) then no one else would be able to lbby for it. So see!! I cut that part of pork barrel spending in half!! YEAH ME!!!!!!
default_wink.png
"

OMG, the 'facts' about the fuel prices have me in stitches. People seem to have changed the dates and such to suit their arguement. Forget the actual facts. Numbers dont lie is true, so long as the actual numbers and dates are used.

Why does everybody compare Palin to Obama.
default_new_shocked.gif
They are NOT running for the same position. So there should not be a comparison between them. The Dems are so scared they are literally grasping at any straw to use any little thing they can to discredit Sarah Palin. Why? They are running scared.

Yes those gas prices are right. I remember because I was working yet and used more gas. The price was in the $2.00 range. Say or think as you choose to but those prices and dates ARE accurate. Don't try to change dates and prices because the Democratic Congress was the fault of it and you don't like it and are looking for someone else to blame. I don't know how old you are but I remember back a long time. I remember a lot of things both parties did but the Democrates have never been for anything I wanted out of life. Both parties have done lots of things wrong. So you have to weigh the "promises" they all make and try to figure out which one seems more honest. To me McCain seems more honest and genuine. To me Obama is rather on the shady side. I just don't trust him. There is something about him that I just can't put my finger on. The best President we ever had was Raegan. It took him a while to do it but he almost pulled us out of the slump that Carter and Johnson put us in. (Both Democrats btw)

What I got a kick out of, one night Dennis Miller said Obama is so scared he doesn't know if he should defecate or tie his shoe. Now that is funny.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Okay I'll get off my soap box now.
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Have a good night.

I think Obama is awesome and I am happy that he is ahead right now!!!

Crabby-Chicken, did you see the latest? Palins husband is refusing to testify and she said she'll refuse too on the court case in Alaska, he has refused which will put that court case until after the election. Common sense tells me if they had nothing to hide, they'd want to get to court and get it done with and prove it's all lies. By not cooperating with the Alaska courts, it tells me they obviously have something to hide. The point being if she is guilty of coruption in Alaska, wouldn't you think people would not want her in the V P position? She's the one I don't trust and I don't trust Mc Cain as his voting record stands for itself, all of his flip flopping should be making people dizzy, don't you think? I'm anxious for the debates and I think they should all, both sides, have to take lie detector tests, I feel at least Obama is sincere and saying what he really believes in. I'm with you!

Latest posts

Back