Yay! New Gallup poll out!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to tell me about my commitment to this country?
..... No, because you are not running for president....... As I said above, this is my opinion and the way I feel just as you have the right to feel the way you do about it, nuff said.

From people who can overlook Obama's relationship to Jeremiah Wright and William Ayers, no wonder disrespect for the Nation and its athem is not a big deal.

I still didn't realize that the ability to put your hand over your heart during a song had anything to do with leadership ability.
I am very proud to live in this country...and I would expect my president to feel the same way.

SO having a hand over their heart determines how they feel about the country? Even though MOST people dont do that for the Anthem? How odd, that we hold people to different levels of accountability. I bet dollars to donuts that if you had a picture of EVERY candidate or EVERY President from EVERY time they were witnessing the Anthem, more than a few would not have their hands over their hearts. But, poor Obama has the bad luck of not being in 'your' party so shame on him.

Since people feel this strongly, surely these same people look at flags in public venues ( stores etc) and make sure it is hung correctly? Dont know what I mean? Doesnt that then make you a hypocrit?

On a side note, when they were doing the 9/11 memorials, I saw someone from this administration, with their hands at their sides during the anthem. Anyone care to tell me who it was, because surely, someone here saw that. Or is it ok, since they werent a Democrat?

Law School Search Cornell

LII / Legal Information Institutehome search sitemap donate

U.S. Code collectionmain page

TITLE 36 > Subtitle I > Part A > CHAPTER 3 > § 301Prev | Next § 301. National anthem

(a) Designation.— The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b) Conduct During Playing.— During a rendition of the national anthem—

(1) when the flag is displayed—

(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;

(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

© individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

SO having a hand over their heart determines how they feel about the country?
yes, as well as your mentors.....I'm sure you've heard of Rev. Wright.

And William Ayers, too...
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One action does not define the man or woman.

Both have good and bad points.

It would be interesting to see a PRO and CON list for each candidate.

And McCain had whatshisname as his economist who stated that our economy was basically fine and we were a Nation of Whiners. McCain also has Lobbyists as most of his staff now. Or does it only matter whom Obama associates with?

And McCain had whatshisname as his economist who stated that our economy was basically fine and we were a Nation of Whiners. McCain also has Lobbyists as most of his staff now. Or does it only matter whom Obama associates with?

Sorry....no comparison when Rev. Wright, Obama's mentor for 20 yrs, refers to terrorists as "freedom fighters"...

and I do think sometimes we are a nation of whiners!

Sonya,,,,

Ar people whining now that they are loosing everything. Some really have something to whine about.

Sorry....no comparison when Rev. Wright, Obama's mentor for 20 yrs, refers to terrorists as "freedom fighters"...
Exactly right!!! There's also Obama's friendship with former terrorist, Bill Ayers, and Obama's deep involvement with "Acorn" who committed voter fraud. Just so many despicable, shady and shameful ties.

Looking forward to seeing what happens after the debates, now that it seems like McCain's decided he can be bothered to show up for them.
default_rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to seeing what happens after the debates, now that it seems like McCain's decided he can be bothered to show up for them.
Well, Lowrise, there's no accounting for perspective...

IF ever there were a time when the Nation could use a senator like McCain, with a demonstrated ability to lead and inspire bipartisan cooperation, now is the time. Nation First. Yet Obama continues to posture
default_rolleyes.gif

Yep, nation first. Like how McCain canceled his interview with Letterman so he could get back to Washington ASAP, and instead went a couple of floors down to do an interview with Katie Couric.
default_rolleyes.gif

I'm generally more concerned with the actions of the candidates than what people say about them. McCain canceled an interview saying he HAD to get to Washington...and then didn't.

Wow... I guess the news coverage of him going into the White House was a scam. Good grief
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back