WOOHOO..ITs done!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon_c21

Reaction score
WEll teh final bit just healed so I had to take some pics! This was 5 sessions adn we are still going over the lilys more just to smooth it out a bit!

000_0426-1.jpg

000_0427-1.jpg

000_0422.jpg

Shannon

default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a few but none that large!!! Again OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that is a huge tattoo. I have had 2, and they were alot smaller.. I know I couldn't go threw all that tourcher..It is a very nice one. The detail and colors are very pretty!!
default_yes.gif

Well goodness, that is quite the colorful decorated body you have there.

It definately is very pretty, that's for sure, but from a mother's point of view, I can't help but think "OMG, what must her mother think?!"
default_new_shocked.gif
I know, I know, it's YOUR body and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, but that was what comes to mind!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mona I am thinking the same thing......Does your mother know about this?

That is a wonderful job and the prettiest ones I have ever seen done, but doesn't that hurt really bad? Did you suffer much?

Dan went and did angels on his back for Michael without my knowledge and it came out horrible all botched up badly and got all infected. Michael had some he self inflicted too that he hid from us for the longest time.

Dan is right here and he says he loves it and wants you to turn around..... :DOH!

Hehe thanks everybody....Its not that painful for me..so people take it better than others I guess..The longest I can sit is 4 hours but i have meet people that have sat for 6 or 7
default_new_shocked.gif
No way I could do that. This was kinda a turing point in my life so as much as it does hurt to get them done i will never forget this point in my life. As for my mom she does know about it. I told her there are worse things I could be doing and I do think she understands. I am also trying to find an apprenticeship in the tattooing feild so she does understand that in order to find someone willing to take me on it means going and getting tattooed and learning. And Marty that really does suck about Dans not turing out well. You really have to do your homework when choosing an artist. There are artist sthat would be able to fix it though.

OH OH OH OUCH!!

That is very pretty for a tatoo. But there isn't enough money in this world to have even ONE poke with that needle for me.

I'm also a grandma who thinks tatoos are a waste of money.

I'm personally not a huge fan of tattoos, but it is pretty with the colors.

Now THAT is the body as a canvas!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_yes.gif
I'm not into tattoos because I'm afraid of needles, not fond of pain, and can't help but think what would happen when I got pregnant or old, but that one's amazing!

Leia

Hi. Shannon's mom here. Of course I know about it!! I think it's beautiful and like she said, "there are worse things she could be doing." I don't get upset with the tattoos, but I would get upset about facial body piercing!!! Shannon is drawing a tattoo for me and that way I'll always have a peice of her artwork with me. I thought about a hummingbird but in a couple of years it would probably look like a pelican! So she is drawing a pair of blue baby booties in memory of her brother Scott who died as a baby. Tattoos do not change the person. Shannon is still the same wonderful person she was before the tattoos and I couldn't be prouder of her!!

Hi. Shannon's mom here. Of course I know about it!! I think it's beautiful and like she said, "there are worse things she could be doing." I don't get upset with the tattoos, but I would get upset about facial body piercing!!! Shannon is drawing a tattoo for me and that way I'll always have a peice of her artwork with me. I thought about a hummingbird but in a couple of years it would probably look like a pelican! So she is drawing a pair of blue baby booties in memory of her brother Scott who died as a baby. Tattoos do not change the person. Shannon is still the same wonderful person she was before the tattoos and I couldn't be prouder of her!!

Yes, I am sure we as parents would all feel that way about our children. I wouldn't expect you to love her less because of it...what I meant was, I bet those words written above, were not the words that were running through your mind upon first learning of Shannon's tatoos! There surely had to have been some "shock facor" involved. That's all.
default_yes.gif

I knew about the tattoos before a needle ever struck her skin. Years before, actually. There was no "shock value" because that is just Shannon. She has always be an artist and this is just another medium. She has done several drawings that her friends have gone to get tattooed on themselves. I think many people in our society think that if a person gets a tattoo it changes them and many people have the perception that if someone has a tattoo they are somehow a "bad person". I think that has to do with the fact that years ago it was only "the biker culture" that sported body art....that and the infamous jailhouse tattoos. I'm a nurse and I'm finding the majority of the Shannon's age group demographic ( and many older folks, too) have some sort of body art. Just think in a few decades there will be alot of misshapen and wrinkly tats in the nursing homes!! Maybe my friend had the right idea....a tattoo of a Shar-pei...it would only get better with time.

Latest posts

Back