Winter drive in the Northwest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Whiteman

Reaction score
We are thinking about taking a day during Christmas break and driving our VSE ( Very Special Equines) around the Brady Loop Road. This is an county road near Montesano that has very light traffic . The drive would start at a local boat launch and pass by local farm land which includes a wildlife preserve and return to the boat launch via a 5 to 8 miles ( 8-10 km) loop. There is a chance the swans and geese will be around. Oh, and the remote control airplanes do occasionally land on some of the fields.

These roads are paved but there are areas that can be driven off the pavement. Almost all of our horses have a full winter coat so the pace will be a walk or slow trot. All vehicles will need a slow moving sign to be legal on the road. Helmets are always a good idea. I will be checking to see if we need a parking sticker for the boat launch .

If any of your would like to join us we have tentatively set the date for Dec. 31, 2006. We will start and end early enough that folks could still make it to other commitments. If you decide to come I would appreciate an E-mail or phone call.

Ron

PS This drive is somewhat dependant on the weather cooperating and the river not being at a flood stage.

Ron,

That sounds like a fantastic drive -- it makes me wish Mingus was already driving!

Have fun!

Hey! :saludando: Can I come? (It's a good excuse to get out the motorcycle and head your way
default_wink.png
: ) No horse to drive, but would love to get some pictures...

How far down is Montesano from the Everett area? I think I'm off that day for once but Kody is out of shape and I'd be mildly concerned about doing a loop that long. I'm interested though! It would give me an excuse to put bells on. :lol:

Leia

P.S.- Do you have your new Smart Carts yet?

The area is about 30 miles west of Olympia. There are very few hills that I can recall. It will be an easy trip. There are also options to make the loop smaller. It is 6 miles from Elma.

The carts are not here yet.

We can find a horse for gimp!!!!!!

If anyone has room for a passenger, or if gimp doesn't take you up on your "spare," let me know...sounds like a great way to round out the year!

I will bow out to you, susanne.
default_wink.png
: (I will see if I can hitch a ride with a more experienced driver. Perhaps Levi has the strength for two???)

Okay, options for shortening the trip relieve my worries. Elma is a gosh-awfully long drive for me but barring bad weather (ha!), tentatively count me in. If we can con Loren&Rocky into making an appearance I'll definitely be there.

How about it, Elma people?

Susanne, see if Daryl will bring his new girl and you can pony Mingus! My mom will probably be recovering from oral surgery so I may have room for a passenger depending on what vehicle I bring.

Leia

Well folks, we have about 14 people so far checked in for the drive. I will be making sure there is room for parking. I will also be driving the road in my car soon. I will keep people posted on any updates. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back