Winter Drive in the Northwest 2007

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Whiteman

Reaction score
It is that time of year and we are thinking about the second annual winter drive during Christmas break. Last year about 20 people joined us on the trail. This is a fun drive and it is a chance to drive that VSE one more time this year. For this drive, Very Special Equines include all sizes of horses) This year the drive will again be around the Brady Loop Road. This is a county road near Montesano, Wa. that has very light traffic. The drive would start at a local boat launch and pass by local farmland, which includes a wildlife preserve, and return to the boat launch via a 5 to 8 miles (8-10 km) loop. There is a chance the swans and geese will be around. Oh, and the remote control airplanes do occasionally land on some of the fields

These roads are paved but there are areas that can be driven off the pavement. Almost all of our horses have a full winter coat so the pace will be a walk or slow trot. All vehicles will need a slow moving sign to be legal on the road. Helmets are always a good idea. There is a sign that advises a state wildlife parking permit is needed to use this area. They can be obtained anywhere that sells hunting or fishing licenses. Some people even borrow one from friends for the day.

If any of your would like to join us we have tentatively set the date for Sunday December 30, 2007. We will start and end early enough that folks could still make it to other commitments. If you decide to come I would appreciate an E-mail or phone call.

Ron

PS This drive is somewhat dependant on the weather cooperating and the river not being at a flood stage.Directions to the Staging ( parking) area.

From Seattle take highway 101 (exit 104) off of I-5. Proceed west via 101 then Hwy 8 then Hwy 12 till ya get to Brady exit. This is about 30 miles from I 5. Turn left off the free way on to Brady Loop Rd. Turn right at the T intersection. Turn left onto Foster Rd. The parking area is about 1.25 miles. This is about two and a half hours from Monroe. Two hours from Astoria. One hour from Centralia, 35 min. from Rochester. Only sixteen hours from Reno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Man,, Ron,,,

I think we might be able to make it this year! I hope I hope I hope!!! Yay!

Need to buy myself a lottery ticket! One of these days I will get some kind of wee trailer so I can finalllyyy go on these get togethers. Sigh ~~

Have fun everyone and take lots of pictures.
default_biggrin.png

WOW I didn't know this was going to be one of the side benefits when we moved

down here this summer.

Now why did I sell my driving horse..........???

Maybe if Lynne, who bought Jumpy, reads this she will come down with him,

I could hitch a ride, on the cart with her.

That's such a pastoral area thru there.......we found it when we went to get

pumpkins for the pasture fence posts.....

The river was really high earlier this weekend but we don't use the 'flood'

word anymore.......

I will watch here for more updates......

Anyone got a Lear Jet with horse stall that would like to fly us out for this from Michigan? Just kidding but you all have fun! If we lived close enough we'd sure be there.

Maxine

A little "bump" for all the NW folks that might have missed this yesterday.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back