Update on hubby, and for sure to the,

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Hubby is doing much better, still in the hospital, but better for sure. Is in right now having the test that will decided if surgery is needed or can be taken care of in other ways. He has now kept food down for a full day,,,,all 3 meals, soft meals that is. I believe that is why he is feeling better. A little bit of energy and he gets pretty sassy. Has been cracking jokes with the nurses this morning and giving them a hard time. They say they are very happy to see this out of him and are enjoying it.

Was taking horses out to the pasture this morning when about 40 geese flew over,,,,,were going to land in the field behind us and we only about 8 feet over my head at this point. Spooked the horses and Jazz and Jack went over the fence. Jazz actually kind of went through it, Jack jumped and cleared it. My son was waiting for the bus,,,,,,so we started rounding them up. Jazz came to me several times, but I just couldn't get the halter on her. Jack was scared to no end and he was the one who made me the most nervous. The kids cut through our road on the way to school, driving way, way too fast and I was concerned with them as well,,,,they do not pay attention. Jazz was out on the road twice, Jack once, but we were able to get them back to the yard. Jack got tired of playing and jumped back into the pasture. We finally got Jazz in and I ran my son to school. He is 5 minutes late and my body is still rushing, so driving home I get pulled over. Police are everwhere before and after school. Well, I was in such a rush,,,,,,,,,still only had on the clothes I slept in and forgot to grab my purse. No license.

The state trooper asks, can you tell me why you are speeding,,,,,,,,,wrong question!!!!! It just came flooding out. My husband is in the hospital,,,,horses got out this morning,,,,,,kid late for school,,that's why I really don't have clothes on, forgot my purse,,,,,,,,and on and on. He grins,,,asks how far I live,,,,2 miles I say,,,,,,are you going straight home? Well yes.......gives me a lecture on slowing down, that I understood and lets me go with a,,,,,,hope your husband gets better and your horses are still there.

It's either laugh or cry like crazy,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just had to laugh.

Whewwwwwwwwwww

:bgrin That was a very nice policeman. Glad your husband is feeling better, sorry but I had to laugh at your description of all the events that took place this morning. :lol: I could see the geese in my mind bombarding you and the horses with ..... I'll leave that to the imagination :lol: Good to see you still have your sense of humour with all you have been through lately, good thoughts coming your way.

Yvonne

:aktion033: Caro wins! Good policeman.
default_wub.png
: My heart would've been in over drive too with the geese (so pretty I'm sure) and the horses spooking. I thank heavens I live SO far off a road and that it's a dirt road. I am tickled pink hubby is feeling up to being frisky! Keeping the light and prayers coming for you all!
default_wub.png
: Now sit and have a break! :lol:

great news about hubby, it's always a good sign when they give the nurses a hard time!

good for that trooper, just giving you a warning. i had something similar happen last year when gary was in the hospital. big gelding had a mild bout of colic but mild or not, i made 2 flying trips back and forth to check on him even though i had a friend keeping watch. got pulled over, explained the situation, lucky for me the officer was a horseman and understood, let me go with a warning. the following week, i took a big batch of chocolate chip cookies to district 9 headquarters. not a bribe, mind you. just a little thank you. ;)

keep the good news coming, hopefully hubby will get past this with no surgery and will be home soon. recovery seems so much quicker and smoother when gary can be home in his own bed!

So glad things are improving and you at least feel like you can laugh....
default_yes.gif
: ....

I'm sure you'll laugh about it again when you tell hubby about it. Glad to hear he's better. Hopefully they can treat him without surgery. You both will be in my thoughts.

Aw, poor girl, you've had a rough time. Take care of you, ok?

I'm glad the cop didn't ticket you, and sent you home...drive carefully and get some rest. I'm glad the horses weren't hurt and that your hubby's feeling better. I do hope he's just fine, soon.

Liz

Latest posts

Back