Northwest Winter Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather report advise in the 40's with only a chance of rain. I drove the roads and they are all clear and above water at this time. It looks like Susanne will not need to bring her unique carriage after all. Now all I have to do is pick which horse to drive.

Hope to see many there,

Ron

I know you guys will have a great drive. Can't wait to hear everyone's response following. Wish I could join in with all of you. Maybe later in the year when things get better.

To all of you have a wonderful drive.

After weeks of anticipation of this drive (Mingus had his arctic camo suit ready to go), we have discovered that our van needs front end work and is decidedly UN-road worthy! (We knew it would need this soon, but soon turned into NOW this afternoon coming home.)

Perhps I can convince Mingus to stick out his thumb and flag down a truck with room for us all? Otherwise, I'm afraid we're not going to make it!

[bummer Susanne. That's just not right. Too bad you aren't a little closer, we'd come get you ourselves. So sorry you can't come...

Dorothy

Well please open the event with some healing thoughts for my poor leg! First my ankle reconstruction and now an accident involving the walking cast/ boot and some ice! A turned knee and possible meniscal injury, and I am once again immobile on the couch.
default_no.gif
I am so frustrated I could just SCREAM! All I can think of is Merridy quoting the old saying that what you are doing on the first day of the year will be what you are doing all year. And THAT scares the crap out of me! Here's to healthy, strong joints and a year of show and CDE fun with my beautiful Sensation, who I sent off to Patty a couple of days ago for training. Will DEFINITELY be thinking of all my wonderful friends out enjoying the day!

What a great day for a drive. Here is the view from the driver's seat. The Duck had a great time too.

DSCN1503-2.jpg

Glad you had fun, and it looks like it was very nice out.
default_smile.png

I REALLY wanted to go, but I hadn't spent any holiday time with my old man, and also I was concerned about transporting my girl in an open back horse trailer with the freezing temperatures
default_sad.png

Can we plan this drive again in the spring or summer?

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I look at the picture the more I realized. Why would anyone want to drive a horse they can't see over the back of? As in the Biggies. What a beautiful view you had of such an awesome day. Look at the color of that sky and the beautiful scenery. Other than being freezing cold what an awesome driving experience you had.

I must add tough after reading the list of what you passed (stated in an email msg) that could have upset a new driving horse and the fact that none of that upset The Duck. Lucky for you pigs weren't on that list. She might have once again tried to go say hello to those who's language she understands. Afterall pigs are a Duck's best friend.

I agree with Daryl. I would also enjoy this drive in the spring or summer when it is semi-warm and beautiful blue skies. Maybe sometime in June after Duckie's new brother or sister is foaled and able to control things here at home.

The more I look at the picture the more I realized. Why would anyone want to drive a horse they can't see over the back of? As in the Biggies. What a beautiful view you had of such an awesome day.
You are right on! We have both low vehicles (Meadowbrooks) and high ones for our big horses, and the view is much better with the high ones. (You do have to be a bit more concerned about top heaviness and tipping, though. Side hills are no fun.
default_rolleyes.gif
) I don't think I could stand to drive a Jerald behind a big horse! And those Easy Entrys behind a big horse would rot, too! Our marathon vehicle is great, though! Stable and high enough!

Myrna

We discussed the idea of a spring, summer drive on the same roads and also thought it would be a great idea. Horses would be fitter and able to do the longer loop and mild weather with a guarantee of no SCUBA needs would make things easier to plan. We'll keep ya posted.

Yay that sounds great. We have two horses, two harnesses two carts. Just have to figure a way to get two carts in my little explorer! Falcon and Mister would love it!

Latest posts

Back