Windy Hill ~~ Duchess

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow she is looking really good cant wait till she shows us her little bub..
default_smile.png

These pics of Duchess are from saturday, but I just now had time to post them! IF she took on april 1, 2012 she would be 307days in the pics. She still looks about the same as last week.

SANY1009.JPG

SANY1014.JPG

ok...now that I see the pics side by side it looks like she may have made a little progress. I will take a pic midweek and compare again!

I dont have any Duchess pics today, but I thought that I would share a pic of my newest foster dog. This is Ali...a gorgeous brindle boxer. She is at work with me snoozing on a dog bed next to my desk. My last foster was adopted in 2 days, lets see how it goes with Ali!

SANY1020.JPG

I have a few new Duchess pics for comparrison. All of the ones prior to this have been taken in the morning, but it is usually still dark when I leave my house during the week so I took an udder shot tuesday afternoon and then several pics yesterday (wednesday) afternoon. Here is the one from tuesday.

SANY1036.JPG

And here are pics from yesterday afternoon. She was out in the dog yard munching down some of the grass there and wouldnt hold still, so the udder pic isnt great and from a slightly different angle. Also a pic of her hanging out with our new foster dog. She is so much shorter than Izz...alot harder to get good pics!

SANY1056.JPG

SANY1065.JPG

SANY1076.JPG

SANY1099.JPG

And finally a side by side...cause its alot easier to look for changes that way! First pic is feb 2nd in the morning second pic is feb 5th in the afternoon.

feb2.jpg

SANY1036.JPG

Hi Jess, She is adorable and I love her colour. I think we can safely say she is starting to bag up
default_yes.gif
If she is one of the "polite girls" that follow the six week bagging guide you could probably rely on the foal-time milk strips too. I love them and they have worked on all but 1 of my mares.

I wish you all the best for your 2013 foaling season

Thanks Renee! I know from her previous owners that she started bagging up 6weeks ahead with her last foal, so I am thinking early to mid march. I will probably move her over so I can start stalling her at night this weekend.

She's definitely progressing (lucky you haha)

What is it with your mares having odd folds at the back of their udders?
default_new_rofl.gif

Hi Jess she looks like she's getting started, I wish mine had bags!!!!!! Keep the pics up we love to see them.

She's definitely progressing (lucky you haha)

What is it with your mares having odd folds at the back of their udders?
default_new_rofl.gif
LOL... I dont know, but they sure have some crazy looking ones! Poor Izz looked ridiculous for a while there!

I have been taking pics on saturday mornings, so will take some in the morning. Will try to get one of her udder from behind then too.

I've decided to start doing pics of Duchess twice a week since she is starting to bag up. Here is her udder on wednesday afternoon....not good pics, she wasnt being very cooperative. She is so short that I almost have to sit on the ground to get under there...lol.

SANY0004.JPG

SANY0015.JPG

SANY0016.JPG

And a side view that I took tuesday morning in the rain...we FINALLY have a day today with sunshine. Going to rain again on saturday tho...boo! At least you can tell more about her shape when she insists on standing outside in the rain.

SANY1232.JPG

/monthly_02_2013/post-43872-0-88150800-1360874504_thumb.jpg

Do you think I look thinner when I am wet mum?

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Hehehe....Renee....

Here is a saturday morning Duchess update. Her udder looks smaller to me....what do yall think?? IF she took on april 1st 2012 she is 321days in these pics.

SANY0028.JPG

SANY0029.JPG

SANY0039.JPG

SANY0046.JPG

SANY0048.JPG

SANY0058.JPG

Latest posts

Back