Willow Roc has a new...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minie812

Reaction score
Sweets our maiden palomino mare was a 339 days yesterday. I knew she would be having her foal as the cow patties were a flying last night
default_10_2_12.gif
and around 11p things took a change
default_impatient.jpg
and I yelled at hubby I am gonna need your help...
default_ohnoes.jpg
I just knew something was not right
default_oops.gif
sure enough their was no two toes and a nose but one little foot
default_gaah.gif
I grabbed hold and reached in to feel and could not feel the other foot and not even the head
default_crybaby.gif
but with each contraction was able to adjust the foal a bit and then finally felt the other foot and it was cockeyed and twisted.
default_unsure.png
I was able to move things around but what a tight fit it was and finally pulled enough to grab the other foot and then I felt the head and saw the nose and the tongue was hanging out and the foal looked dead
default_no.gif
then I saw the eye move and thought alrighty here we go....POP! out it came right into my lap. A beautiful little filly (sigh) and caught on video by marestare too!
default_aktion033.gif
THANK YOU HUBBY for holding the flashlight and being so supportive
default_cheekkiss.gif
Will post pics in a bit but here is the video and PLEASE let us welcome WILLOW ROC FIESTAS SWEET RAINE a very loud marked pinto by POPPY (TINKER TOY FIESTA) not bad for an ole boy & maiden mom was sooo awesome. LK EXECUTIVE SWEET....]http://www.willowrocminiaturehorsefarm.com/048.JPG

YouTube help center | e-mail options | report spam

minie812 has shared a video with you on YouTube:

Willow Roc Miniature Horses - Sweets - Foaling

This is LK Executive Sweet in foal to Tinker Toy Fiesta. This filly was born 4/21/2010. This video is the property of Marestare and Willow Roc Miniature Horses

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!! Boy it sounds like things did get rough for a while. I havent' seen the video yet, but sounds like you and your hubby both done an awesome job.
thumbup.gif
So glad everything turned out to be ok.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
cheeky-smiley-006.gif
My computer was down again
frusty.gif
, but it is back up for now so I will be able to watch the video. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN Judy!!!!!!!! Hope they are both doing good.

default_aktion033.gif
Congrats!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Have not watched the video yet but will in a minute. I am sure she is perfect!!! Glad everything came out well for you.
default_smile.png

CONGRATS!

I am so glad things worked out. I hope you are finally able to relax a bit. I know from experience when deliveries get intense it is hard to relax from the adrenaline rush. Can't wait to see pics of your new baby.

Watched the video. You did great! She is cute.
default_wub.png
Can't wait to see color pictures of her.
default_biggrin.png

Just watched the video, Wonderful Job, even thou I knew the outcome, was sitting holding my breath at times...

Again congrats...

I saw it as it was happening, and boy what a nailbiter. You guys did a wonderful job, and have a beautiful foal to show for it. Again congratulations, and great job!

YAHOO!!!

Congrats on a darling lil filly!

Glad everything turned out okay for you.Look forward to pics.

Look forward to pics...

Congratulations on handling what was obviously a tight and rough birth. Your poor little mare wouldn't have made it without you. (Fortunately she's probably stretched out by this, so the next birthing should be easier.)

Looking forward to a color picture!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on your beautiful filly. She is a beauty.
default_wub.png

Thank you for posting the video of the birth. You & your husband did a wonderful job & we learned alot watching it.

Many congratulations on the birth of your stunning little filly. The video was brilliant -- so lucky for your little mare that you were there to help her. Well done to all of you -- hope your little mare is ok after all that effort, bless her.

Anna

Congratulations on your filly. Your mare is so lucky that you were there for her.I am sure the stress was terrible ,and I am sure you kept thinking what could have happened. Foaling season is filled with so many ups and downs.

www.willowrocminiaturehorsefarm.com/048.JPG[/img]www.willowrocminiaturehorsefarm.com/042.JPG www.willowrocminiaturehorsefarm.com/061.JPG[/img]could not get the pics to post but if you go to my website under 2010 foals I have posted pics there. Not sure why they will not post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my! That was stressful just to watch. I am SO impressed with your poise and calm. Thank you so much for posting this for us all to see. I found it very educational and a great reminder to REMAIN CALM!

You did a superb job!
aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your new filly. And I do agree, your mare is very lucky that you were there.

Thank you for posting the video - I kept watching it and thinking would I be this calm - oh she's doing SO well - it was a great reminder and learned something new.

Sara and I can't wait for Rain (Dolly) to have her baby - she was looking all ready and now has 'stalled' but Sara is well past the 300 day marker that we worried about a bit.

Sounds like Fancy will be a bit longer but that's ok
default_smile.png

thanks again for posting story and video... remain calm

Wow, that was a long foaling. You did fantastic. It was stressful to watch, but what a wonderful outcome! Your poor little mare, what a trooper. She seemed to know you were there to help her and comfort her. I have read that minis more often "prefer" to have their humans there during foaling.

You certainly saved this filly and possibly mama, too.

CONGRATULATIONS
default_biggrin.png

I am so happy for you it all went well! You did a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
Beautiful filly!
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back