Sad night for Total Eclipse Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_no.gif
Oh Sandy, I am so very sorry for your loss. I was in tears reading your post, feeling like I was right there. You did everything you could have, and I do think that sometimes even though we don;t know or understand "why", these things just happen for reason unknown to us. (((HUGS)))

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beautiful boy! It does sound like you did everything you should/could have to help save him...God has other plans for the little angel!
default_hypocrite.gif
Run free lil guy
default_pray.gif
prayers and hugs to you and your family. Take care of your precious mare,
default_wub.png
she will need you for the next few days!

My sympathies for your loss. You certainly did everything humanly possible. Doesn't make the pain any less, though, I'm sure.

So So sorry, do not blame yourself, you guys did everything possible. (((((Hugs))))

I have heard a shot of oxytocin, (but it would take awhile to work, I'm thinking)

Has anyone else used or heard of this?

We usually never know why.
default_no.gif

I am so sorry to hear about this. This one was really upsetting for me. Having them so close to life and then losing him anyways.... It really sounds like you gave it a good fight.
default_sad.png

(((((BIG HUGS))))) I am so sorry for the loss of your little boy. Looks like he was so beautiful! How devastating to lose one like this, where all seems to go well and smoothly. I guess there's just times when nothing can be done. It made me cry to read your story, it is so mystifying to think that your foal could be gone like that! My heart goes out to you, truly.
default_crybaby.gif

Gosh, I am so sorry for your loss. Everything that was done and done right as far as I am concerned. Sometimes we do not know WHY?

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry Sandy. It is heart breaking. Prayers to lift your heavy heart. You did all you could possible do to save him. He was beautiful.

I am so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
I am not experienced at foaling at all, but it sure sounds like you did above and beyond and that everything progressed normally. It makes me wonder if something else was wrong with your angel boy. Something plugging the airway or under developed lungs. I don't know if this happens with horses, but in human babies, it does and I do work with laboring moms. You rarely (thank God it is rare) get a baby that just can't breathe. There is nothing you can do sometimes. I am glad that your mare is OK. Hugs

Barb

That is soooo sad, you were right there to help, all for naught. Soooo sorry.

Thanks so much for all your support. It helped a bit last night getting it all out in the post but still incredibly sad. Dream is doing okay but she's moping and when I opened the doors to their runs she just wants to watch Dancer's foal in the next run. I'll milk her out this morning and save the colostrum....maybe it will save another foal one day. Thanks again for all your replies.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, how heartbreaking for all to go the way it should but still lose the foal for reasons unknown.
default_sad.png

Sorry for your loss very heartbreaking for you...

Back