will it ever stop~!?!?!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boinky

Reaction score
Ok i'm just completely fed up with this winter!! December marked one of the most snowfalls we've had in YEARS here in Maine for the month of December. I remember when i was a kid we used to get huge snow falls like these but we haven't had the extreme snow in several years! I think i saw on the new's just today where it said it snowed something like 17 days this past month and we aren't talking little snow falls..most of them have been at least 6"-1 foot or more!! we are BURIED in snow up here. the snow banks in my driveway are taller than I am and very wide. We did luck out (or we'd have about 10' of snow by now) and have a heavy rain storm at one night that melted A LOT of the snow but it's all right back. I've had to spend over $160 for plowing JUST in December (really ouchy since it was money i didn't have to begin with so had to take it from other places that really needed it just as badly)!!! i can't afford to keep paying for plowing... sorry for the little whine..lol. I'm just so fed up and frustrated with it! I really hate winter...... Anyone else getting hit badly this year?

I WILL WHINE WITH YOU. HERE IN NY WE HAVE HAD LOTS OF SNOW TOO. I HAVE TO SHOVEL THE BARN DOOR OUT IN THE MORNING JUST TO DO CHORES. TONGIHT I WENT OUT AND THERE WAS A SNOW DRIFT THAT WENT RATE OVERTOP OF MY 4 FT GATES. I NOT ONLY HAVE HAD ENOUGH SNOW BUT I AM AFRAID OF WHAT SPRING WILL BRING WHEN IT ALL MELTS
default_no.gif
I THINK I WILL BE FLOODED. WE HAVE BEEN PRETTY LUCKY THE PAST FEW YEARS TO NOT HAVE TO MUCH SNOW. I GUESS WE ARE GETTING IT ALL NOW.
default_yes.gif

since were all crabbing here, NH got record snowfall in December. 44 inches for the month........ first time since they started recording it. And that was in central NH, in the state capital.....not up north, where I am sure they got more. I am sick to death of shoveling and snowblowing. we got another foot today, since 11am. Ok, I'm done.....
default_biggrin.png

yeah i THINK the new's said here that it was a record snowfall for december as well..but i can't vouch for that..i only heard all this stuff in passing..but it's DISCUSTING! i love downhill skiing but i can't afford to do it so whats the point of having snow at all?? LOL i just want to move somewhere warmer than here!

After reading all this, I won't be complaining of the extreme summer heat we have here in July & August!!!!! I would rather have a hot summer, than a cold winter. I don't know how ya'll do it!!!!!!!

Its been snowing here in NY for the past couple days. Weve got about 1 and a half feet! I LOVE snow!!

OO I just found out school is delayed!!!!! Guess whos sleeping in!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Its been snowing here in NY for the past couple days. Weve got about 1 and a half feet! I LOVE snow!!

OO I just found out school is delayed!!!!! Guess whos sleeping in!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

LOL i'd say so!!! i'm having serious cabin fever..i'm so ready for warm weather to be able to clip and start playing with ponies! i'm ready i tell ya! Are you doing the Mike McCabe clinic? If so remind me to bring your wheels!!!

I does seem like we have been making up for the lack of snow last year. I think I have plowed 7 times in Dec and have to plow this latest mess in the morning. I did hear that we are at or very near the Dec record for total snowfall. I think we must have set record for the number of days in Dec that we had snow.

Hillary i was thinking about getting Special back in harness. With all this snow it should be easy to keep him slowed down. By morning the snow will be deep enough that when he goes all that will show will be his ears above the snow. LOL

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh not to bad really. We've had only one or two big snow falls, nothing to extreme however like what you described. Actual, its snowing right now. It started slowly this evening and now its coming down pretty good. I really love snow, its just the mud that comes there after that i do not like.

I think we've had a bigger problem with ice then snow really. I was driving home from town today and my car almost slid completely sideways out on the country road, that scares me.

I love the winter, but summer is sounding really really good right now. I have a few horses i want to clip and get in the show ring and of course, people i want to catch at the shows. I'm feeling a little cabin fever myself actually. Foaling cams are keeping me occupied for the time being
default_wink.png

Are you doing the Mike McCabe clinic?
You have my attention
default_biggrin.png
. Did you attend the clinic last year or the year before? I didnt know that! See you there this year?

LOL mark... I always used to use this type of snow to start babies in saddle.. not that any of them were wild but it was a little bit of a back up so incase something went wrong and i landed on my butt it would be in the snow with a little extra padding! lol I also used to wish for snow like this to get my TB out in the spring for exercise because he IS wild..lol i usually get bucked off at least once a year and deep snow will work the spunk out of him faster and give me some padding..LOL

maybe i should start my driving horses in deep snow like this too.... LOL Send special my way i'l have him whipped into shape in no time flat ....

Leeana,

It's a Mike McCabe clinic in NH....your welcome to come i'm sure..hehe but, although it's a 5 hour drive for me (which i always complain aobut) .. it would be a MUCH longer one for you :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
you know i really wouldn't mind cold and winter if it was for a short period..but we have about 6 months of winter (some parts no where near as extreme as others) here and since we just started and we are already overloaded in snow and we've actually had quite a cold december as well it's going to be a long Jan, Feb, and March....it's just very depressing if i do say so myself! i'd be happy to trade places with you
default_smile.png
I'd love to live in texas. I've been looking at land there.

Depends on what exactly you are looking for. I have a friend in New Mexico and a sister-in-law in Conn. and both want to move this way. I have been looking at various places for them and have fallen in love with some that I have looked at. It is definately a buyers market. When you are real serious, let me know with what you want, etc and I will start doing some looking and calling for you*

I can't believe we have had as much snow so early this year!!! But what I really can't stand is that every snow storm we've gotten here, it turns to rain at the end then everything freezes! UGH!

Just a couple of days ago my lawn was almost all showing grass and now there's none in sight. The snowstorm we got Sunday wasn't to bad, a lot of snow but not heavy. I did have to shovel a fair size snow bank from in front of a gate I use. The snow we got last night didn't add up much but it's heavy. I don't think it's been to cold, although today and tomorrow are going to be. Hillary, it's going to be warmer the beginning of next week, they said in the 40's
default_new_shocked.gif

Leslie

The snow we got last night didn't add up much but it's heavy.
ok that's just not fair.. the snow is SOOO deep here. I just got up and let the dogs out and i havea 3'6" chain link pen i let them out into and the snow is almost to the top of the fence
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
this is just plain rediculous..i think we got more than the 8-12" they were saying we were going to get!!

I'm about ready to open a ski slope and start charging on my snowbanks! lol

Back