will it ever stop~!?!?!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We haven't had any good snowfalls for a few years...kinda goes in cycles...so far this year we've gotten more than what we had the past two years combined, maybe 3 years...although it's cold here we normally do not get tons of snow unless the winds are out of the NE and then we get hammered with lake effect. Winds are 95% of the time out of the west. The people on the west side of michigan get tons of lake effect from Lake Michigan...it usually pitters out by the time it reaches the center of the state (us)...but when the wind is NE we get the lake effect from Lake Huron. We got about a foot on New years eve on top of about 6 inches that was still lingering around from last week...we have so far had 3 good snows...each dropping about a foot, but some would melt before we got more so it's not multiplying. We are lucky we have a snow plow on our tractor to do our driveway (which is about 1/4mile)...we use to use a plow but because there is very thick woods about a foot away from either side of the drive, if we had big snows there was no where to push it. The snow blower works much faster two.

I'm getting to the point where I really hate winter, but if it's going to be cold...then I'll take the snow...at least it's pretty. I have an hour drive to work one way with good roads, so when the roads are bad it takes me twice as long...I don't like that one bit!

I was just out doing some repairs to the big horse fence and the snow is a lot deeper in the pasture then it is on my lawn. I'm glad that the lawn melted off before we got the last snow.

I had all I could do to walk and carry a bucket with fence supplies. It went over my boots and then above my knees
default_new_shocked.gif

Leslie

Latest posts

Back