Wiley is home!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedPromiseRanch

Reaction score
OK I'm a little slow with this but working full-time at this time ofyear, I couldn't get any daylight pictures until now!

You will recall that Shawna posted a short while back some donkeys she was helping a friend sell. Well, we fell in love with the spotted jack at the top of the post at first sight, Shawna helped us do the deal and even better, got him a ride as far (or as close LOL) as Tucson, so we would not have to go to Albuquerque and get him. When I called the guy to set up a time to pick him up in Tucson, he asked where I lived and when I told him, said he was coming to Chandler that Saturday noonish and he would bring the donkey, we could just meet him there... which cut half the trip to Tucson, making us even happier. However everything fell apart when we met up with him and it was NOT my donkey in his trailer... Long story short we called Shawna, she dropped everything and ran over to her friend's and lo and behold there was my donkey, apparently the friend had misunderstood which jack we wanted and sent the younger one. I am so bummed,
default_crybaby.gif
: I can't go to Alburquerque for at least 4 weeks because of holiday commitments... but NO, my husband says if Shawna can put us up and doesn't mind a later arrival, we are going NOW. Wonderful Shawna went back home and got her trailer and went BACK again and got my donkey and took him to her house and we threw a change of clothes and our puppy in the truck and were on the way to Albuquerque... Upon our arrival about midnight, Shawna stuck her head out the front door and asked, "are you tired and want to go right to bed, or do you want to peek?" and promptly went and got her shoes and jacket and flashlight so i could go meet my boy.
default_smile.png

So huge thanks to Shawna and Dave for their hospitality and all their assistance :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: , and a husband-of-the-year trophy to my wonderful Randy
default_firstprize.gif
: for just taking care of what needed done without complaining or getting mad. The rest of this week was hard on both of us, 18 hours in the truck was not a restful weekend and with the short holiday week we were both very busy all week and not much time to catch up on sleep... but Wiley is home! Shawna had told us that when he got out of her trailer he announced his arrival... and we never heard him make a sound there or the whole way home, but when he got out at home, he spun around and BRAYED as if to say "I'm here everyone!!" It was so cute. He figured out the first day that the sound of the golf cart means mealtime...
default_eat.gif
:

So here are the first pictures of my boy at home, Marshall Wiley Haines (named after a real US Marshall from OK)

Wiley008.jpg

Wiley007.jpg

Wiley001.jpg

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: HE IS BEAUTIFUL! I ALWAYS WANTED SOMETHING SPOTTED! CONGRATS
default_yes.gif
: . NIKKI
default_smile.png

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: So glad everything worked out, and you got him home. Shawna and Dave always seem to go that extra mile to help a person (or animal). Corinne

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: HE IS BEAUTIFUL! I ALWAYS WANTED SOMETHING SPOTTED! CONGRATS
default_yes.gif
: . NIKKI
default_smile.png
[SIZE=12pt]Susan, I'm on that "always wanted something spotted" list too. He's so pretty
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: and I know you're glad he's finally home!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon :bgrin
[/SIZE]

:aktion033: What a great looking boy. I bet you were so upset upon seeing a donkey that was not yours - Shawna and Dave sound like an amazing people! And as for Randy
default_cheers.gif
: What a guy!

I am sooo envious! A spot!!

I
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: them!

He is gorgeous, nicely marked & has a wonderful blaze!

Lucky You!!! So glad you got the switcheroo taken care of.

Sandy

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wiley is adorable and I love his name!! Hmmm, kinda fits right in with my boys' names, Levi, Brady and Zeke. :bgrin

Vicki

Wiley is so sweet
default_wub.png
:

Super friends you got there :aktion033:

I still can't get over that sky & "Now" the sunglasses !
default_wink.png
:

The snow is blowing every direction here this morning and it is sooooo COLD.

oh yes our weather is horrible
default_wink.png
: - seriously, you should HEAR the people complaining about record high temperatures... it's a big topin on the news even. all i can think is SHUT UP and enjoy it you idiots... i mean, i realize it's been HOT HOT HOT all summer, but it's NICE now!!!!! we don't really want it cold - at least, I DON'T! :cold: :no:

Wiley is settling in well, I let him out of his pen today to just roam around, mostly to see if he would follow me around but no, he headed for the girls and hung around outside their fence
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: he plays a little hard to get catching him back up, but once i had the halter on he followed me right back over to his pen... until he got to the gate, then he stopped - didn't really want to go back in. a little coaxing and in he went. he is learning the routine and getting quite vocal. i just love it.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

He is So Flashy!!
default_wub.png
:
so FUNNY you would say that, we had a spotted gelding by the name of Flash (the breeder gelded him because he was pretty big, but was he ever gorgeous!!), sold him becuase a gelding just doesn't fit the breeding program and our daughter's friend was begging and begging for him... and i told my husband, i want a jack that looks like Flash but is smaller, like Dillon. when i saw Wiley, i said "that's him"! i hope as he gets more comfortable here his personality will come out, Flash was one hilarious donkey besides being gorgeous. he LOVED playing with our dog Zacchaeus.

He sure has lots of chrome. :bgrin

Looks like he lives in the donkey's natural enviroment.
default_yes.gif
: Nice and dry!

Latest posts

Back