Who hasn't gotten their Journal yet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the February 2009 issue of the Miniature Horse World a few days ago, but still didn't receive the December Journal yet.... Hmmmm

Mine showed up on Tuesday, still waiting to find time to sit down and enjoy it though
default_smile.png

I ordered a bunch of the horse magazines. I was told to wait 4 to 6 weeks for them to be started, when I checked up to see when I would receive them they told me they would start in March. Thats a long time to wait after paying out money. I did finally get Horse Illustrated and got the Jan and Feb issue at the same time. I also got today the Horse Trader. But the rest wont even start until sometime in march.

I would love to have the Journal but not going to pay for it and have to wait forever.

default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Marty you are so right.

Mine showed up two days ago.

The Christmas ads are just a little bit out of season is all.

default_rolleyes.gif

[/quote

Jen and Shelly maybe mine will make it here by mon. You both live only about an hour away. Thing is I live closer to the "big city" you would think I might get mine sooner. As for those who think we are just "griping about nothing" and not being patient. The Journal is IMPORTANT to some of us to stay updated on the registry and we LIKE to read it. If you don't like something don't read it or respond to it as last I knew it was a free country to state your mind. Just would like to see it get out on time for a change.

No journal here yet
default_no.gif
I am trying to be patient, but don't know how much longer I can last.
Has anyone in Minnesota gotten theirs that does not pay for the faster mailing?

Renee, I don't pay for 1st class mailing and I received mine last Saturday.

I received mine like a week ago. Its wierd we were told that it was late due to corrections because of the lawsuit, but I don't see any corrections made or anything mentioned about what happened at Nationals that would cause such a issue. Oh well maybe the next one.

I'm just glad I got it
default_laugh.png

I got mine at the beginning of the week. It has been explained over and over why its late
default_smile.png

Here is what Amy previously said in the last thread about the Feb issue.

The February/March issue is in the works. Production of it started almost five weeks late because of the continuing work on Dec/Jan. However, with the help of some wonderful volunteers, I expect to mail only slightly beyond our normal date which for this issue would have been on 2/20.
Amy Roberts, Editor
Thanks for looking up that post of Amy's. So the regular mailing date for the Feb/Mar issue is Feb. 20th, making that issue not yet late. Sounds like it will be a little late this time around but not by much...as I recall, one of Amy's posts also clarified that since the mailing date was changed to the 20th of the 1st month of issue....there was only one time that the magazine was mailed late, not counting this December issue? Or was it two...that's not bad, I'd say, and a far cry from "every issue late" like some are claiming here. Amy's post also said that the magazine gets mailed on time, but they cannot be blamed for slow mail delivery...

The Journal is IMPORTANT to some of us to stay updated on the registry and we LIKE to read it. If you don't like something don't read it or respond to it as last I knew it was a free country to state your mind.
Honestly, I suspect that most of us here LIKE to read the Journal and think it's IMPORTANT to stay updated on the registry...not sure why you would imply otherwise, just because some of us are less impatient than others. And yes indeed it is supposed to be a free country to state your mind....which is why I felt free to state mine too!
default_laugh.png

No journal here yet
default_no.gif
I am trying to be patient, but don't know how much longer I can last.
Has anyone in Minnesota gotten theirs that does not pay for the faster mailing?

Renee, I don't pay for 1st class mailing and I received mine last Saturday.
Well, how fair is that? Thanks for rubbing it in. J/K So now I have heard of people north, south, east, and west of me getting theirs. I guess I just hope it is in the mail tomorrow
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my journal Wednesday
default_smile.png
Its much thinner than I thought it would be but good just the same.
default_smile.png

Joyce

I got mine yesterday, and I'm in southern Ontario. I haven't read it closely yet, but I saw no reference to any changes made in standings or what the legal issues were. Perhaps the next issue will have some info on that, and how these matters were resolved.

Linda, I have to ask why you have this need to stir the pot so much?! I don't mean to be rude, but a similar question from you a short while ago resulted in a lengthy, detailed explanation from Amy (which Kay quoted here in part) about the delays and when to expect the December issue. I know you read the forum every day, so you can see that some people have started receiving theirs. Rather than stirring everything up yet again, can't you just wait patiently??

Sunny, I do not read the forum every day and I am not trying to "stir the pot" as you call it. Still no Journal today and I find it kind of interesting that there is no note about "legal issues" due to the what happened at nationals. If the Journal is our "newsletter" it should keep us informed. I am not the only one without a Journal and I just wanted to see how long it took everyone else to get one. Curiosity not rudeness. I really care about AMHR and that is what I mostly show and breed for. Understand though we all have our opinions and yes though Amy did come on and explain about the Journal nothing was said about making it BETTER and thats what should be happening. If you want to be patient and wait and wait and wait go ahead. You may have the luxury of time, I do not. Also the AMHR website is not up to date and there is no good explanation for that one. Linda

Got my Journal last friday, but we used to get 2 copies when we put an advertisement in. Are they only going to issue one copy now even tho you put an advertisement in the Journal?

. If you want to be patient and wait and wait and wait go ahead. You may have the luxury of time, I do not. Also the AMHR website is not up to date and there is no good explanation for that one. Linda

Linda I sorry
default_sad.png

I also agree with Linda. Even with Amy's explanation this has gone on too long. If there are problems they should be corrected by now. I talked at length with Amy about his same problem last year. She needs help is what she told me so lets get together as members and see that she gets the help that she needs to put out the magazine on time. I am not being rude, impatient or complaining. We all as members should what our breed magazine done the best it can be. The magazine is part of our membership. Also, I am not complaining, the miniature horses are our business and our lively hood, this is not just a hobby to me, so if we advertise we expect our ads to put out on time not 2 months later. (This not a personal to complaint about Amy.) As was stated by someone previous the magazine is not as "big" with ads as usual. Members should also be concerned because the Registry is losing money! And not just the AMHR but the ponies also!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine in the mail today!!!
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

And yes I have read it from cover to cover. My son was very excited to see his picture in there twice, once for his reserve youth team and once for placing 4th in the coloring contest.

Now for the other good news, we shouldn't have to wait to much longer for the next issue.

Advertising everywhere is down right now due to the economy. For many people the first thing they cut is advertising. Even our local newspaper is hurting and a big one in Cinci went under due to car dealers and real estate companies not running ads.

Our advertising group runs a 2 page ad in every issue and we will continue to do that. A good friend said the other day "you know what happens when you stop advertising? NOTHING HAPPENS!" I think that is so true!

I think we all need to keep in mind that when we want these changes it will be reflected in member fees. For example if they hire another person to put out the Journal then the members have to pay for that position. Right now with this economy would be a very bad time to start adding more positions and raising member fees.

I do think people are confused over the new dates and are thinking its late when its actually not late

Back