Who hasn't gotten their Journal yet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine, and honestly did not notice the date on it until I read this thread. It is December issue. Sure is a NICE ONE and bigger than the World Magazine. So...."The Journal" is doing something right and also shows the 'swing' of folks to R, Shetlands.

Yes, I can see where the magazine being late could cause an upset, especially if you are advertising your stallion to stand to outside mares. Does not give the mare owner much time to prepare and the mares could be booked somewhere else by now. Other reasons too of course, just happened to think of that.

I sure hope the members who advertise are not one of the problems it is late? I know that the World will extend the deadline to get your ad to them. Wonder if the Journal is doing that too?

Beth

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, sorry I did not notice that, in fact do not believe I ever looked there for ad rates. Thanks
default_smile.png

Beth

If I were advertising a stallion at stud, I think I'd be advertising in more than one location. The Journal would definitely be my first choice, but there are other publication and certainly the internet.

I just got mine, and honestly did not notice the date on it until I read this thread. It is December issue. Sure is a NICE ONE and bigger than the World Magazine. So...."The Journal" is doing something right and also shows the 'swing' of folks to R, Shetlands.
Bolding mine.

The size of the magazine - whether the Journal or MHW - depends on that particular issue. For instance, the very nice October/November MHW - with all the show results, great articles and some truly stunning ads - was huge... and waaay bigger than the Journal. They are both stacked here right beside the computer. It all depends on the ads and the articles inside (show results, special features etc.) - there is no set "size" per se.... just as the newspaper is not the same amount of pages all the time.

Thus the December MHW was almost the same size as the current December and January Journal. They will vary all the time. Sometimes one is bigger, sometimes the other.

default_smile.png

"It all depends on the ads and the articles inside (show results, special features etc.) - there is no set "size" per se.... just as the newspaper is not the same amount of pages all the time. "

EXACTLY!

There is some sort of formula for how many pages of articles can be in the Journal with how many ads are in there. So fewer ads mean fewers articles. Amy will wait for some ad work, but space has to be reserved by deadline and then work has to be in by another deadline (a day or two later) but if work isn't in on time you lose the space. At least that is what I understood.

"It all depends on the ads and the articles inside (show results, special features etc.) - there is no set "size" per se.... just as the newspaper is not the same amount of pages all the time. "
EXACTLY!
Heh - I guess I am confused, mizbeth. You said the size of the Journal was bigger due to a shift - and I noted that the relative sizes of both magazines were not indicative of that... as the MHW is often the bigger one. They both will vary in size - and you seem to have agreed with that...
default_smile.png
..maybe I misunderstood what you originally meant!

Just thought I'd add.......I just received my DECEMBER Journal yesterday.
default_rolleyes.gif

is there anyone who still does not have there Journal yet? I am in NY and still have not got it?

Amanda

As a previous Editor of a Equine art magazine, once it leaves the printers it is at the mercy of the post office. For those receiving it bulk rate means that only after the first class mail is delivered and if there is room to carry bulk mail it to will be delivered. The longest they can hold it before it has to be delivered from the local post office is two weeks. So as I told subscribers with The Hobby Horse News, talk to your postmaster. It may be sitting in their back room. Bug them enough they will get it to you sooner.

Tina Ferro

Mine's not here yet. Maybe next week. It takes a long time for bulk mail to get out here to the boondocks!

Latest posts

Back