Who hasn't gotten their Journal yet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I don't live that far outside of several major cities and I STILL haven't gotten my Journal. I'm wondering who else is Journalless? Linda

Mine's not here yet (unless it's in the mailbox today, I haven't driven down to check) but of course being out in the boonies of the Canadian prairies mine usually arrives a couple weeks after those in the US. I'm thinking next week most likely...

Hi Linda,

I had just called The President of AMHR and the Office to complain when Walter came in with the mail and there was my DECEMBER Journal. I still have not received my FEB. Journal yet. (I was told that FEB. issue is at the printers!!! when will we get that!!!) I really think that we as members ought to get together and try to resolve this issue. Not only is the magazine part of our membership but this is also costing the registry money because of the revenue lost because of less advertising. Who wants to advertise in a magazine that is 2 months late!!!!!!!!!!

I just got my Journal on Tuesday, and I live in the boonies; so yours can't be too far behind.

Not only do I not have mine yet, had to pay for it when I renewed my membership in Dec, but a friend of mine who has moved, already got hers forwarded to her from her old address.

Hi Linda,I had just called The President of AMHR and the Office to complain when Walter came in with the mail and there was my DECEMBER Journal. I still have not received my FEB. Journal yet. (I was told that FEB. issue is at the printers!!! when will we get that!!!) I really think that we as members ought to get together and try to resolve this issue. Not only is the magazine part of our membership but this is also costing the registry money because of the revenue lost because of less advertising. Who wants to advertise in a magazine that is 2 months late!!!!!!!!!!
First, I't wasn't like the publishers and editors just decided one day that they were going to put off The Journal. There were actual legal matters regarding the placings at Nationals; very few know the whole story so I am not going to say any thing because I myself don't. I've been an AMHR member for 3 or 4 years and my Journal has always come in time. Besides, The Journal is a BI-Monthly publication, right? It had the end of January to get here. So it was two weeks late... Not a big deal. Some need to be happy that they actually GOT a Journal.

Linda, I am above you on the map, Im upstate NY and I got mine last week. It will come soon!
default_smile.png

It is because of people like Alex that I don't respond to this forum much. I have been a member of the AMHR for many many years ( also members of many clubs and registries) . Last year I did advertising in the Journal and every issue was late. When you have a magazine that is bimonthly it should be printed to be received on or before the 1st of the month that it is due. This is not the first time that the magazine has been late. I don't think that the Dec. magazine should be being received 2 months after it is due! Just because there were legal maters with the AMHR it should not delay the whole magazine. They can print a retraction like every other publication in the world does!!!

I have to agree with you Bonnie [Walbon]. My Journal has almost always been late. Alex. I DO know about the legal issues probably better than you and I have been a member for quite a few years but the Journal is the newsletter of the club and some of us did not get to go to convention and would like to know what is going on in the world. As for advertising I have in the past and been pleased with the ads but the lateness of the magazine has turned me off on the advertising part too. That plus the tacky all star letter did it for me. Hopefully the Journal will come soon. Linda

I haven't gotten mine either but like Minimor, I am in the Canadian boonies too. My issue is always at least 2 weeks behind everyone else so I'm not concerned, it will eventually arrive. Of course I haven't paid for any time sensitive advertising either. From what I've seen it would make sense to plan the ads to go in the issue before they were pertinent then it wouldn't matter if it was a bit late.

I just got mine up here in Maine today. I would have thought you would have gotten yours before me, as it had further to travel to get to me in ME then you in NH.

Jen

I'm thinking that some people don't have much to do, given the amount of time they spend grouching (and that's the polite version of the word I wanted to use!) and complaining about the December Journal.

Don't like your ads coming out so "late" then advertise one issue earlier!

If you think the Feb. issue is late, just what is the date it is supposed to be mailed then? I can't put my finger on that information at the moment, but would be curious to know what the official mailing date of each issue is supposed to be? Are you saying the Feb. issue is already late too (seeing as how there's been one complaint on here about the Feb. issue!) or is that just supposed to add to your complaints about the Dec. issue being late???

When you have a magazine that is bimonthly it should be printed to be received on or before the 1st of the month that it is due.
I'm quite sure that the 1st of the first month of the issue is not the official mailing date...please look up the official date & then tell me how late each issue is...if you want it to be Feb. 1st for the Feb/Mar issue then I suggest that you should make up a proposal to submit to AMHR...and then you can get your advertising in that much earlier to make the new deadline.

i haven't received mine either.

but then again, since being a member for 3 years now...i've only received 4 journals....nice!!!

soooo...whats up with this "legal' news??????
default_new_shocked.gif

I got mine at the beginning of the week. It has been explained over and over why its late
default_smile.png

Here is what Amy previously said in the last thread about the Feb issue.

The February/March issue is in the works. Production of it started almost five weeks late because of the continuing work on Dec/Jan. However, with the help of some wonderful volunteers, I expect to mail only slightly beyond our normal date which for this issue would have been on 2/20.
Amy Roberts, Editor

No journal here yet
default_no.gif
I am trying to be patient, but don't know how much longer I can last.

Has anyone in Minnesota gotten theirs that does not pay for the faster mailing?

It is because of people like Alex that I don't respond to this forum much. I have been a member of the AMHR for many many years ( also members of many clubs and registries) . Last year I did advertising in the Journal and every issue was late. When you have a magazine that is bimonthly it should be printed to be received on or before the 1st of the month that it is due. This is not the first time that the magazine has been late. I don't think that the Dec. magazine should be being received 2 months after it is due! Just because there were legal maters with the AMHR it should not delay the whole magazine. They can print a retraction like every other publication in the world does!!!
Thanks for that, but There was nothing AMHR could do. Amy Roberts has been NICE enough to come on here and post MULTIPLE times. How nice of her to let us know.

I just dont believe the amount of time people have to complain about this.

Mine showed up two days ago.

The Christmas ads are just a little bit out of season is all.

default_rolleyes.gif

Back