Which one to buy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
Well a few months ago I had started a post on upgrading my camera. I have narrowed it down to 2. (In my price range of course) I know every camera has it's pros and cons and everyone also has their own opinions. Some will say this camera has poor image quality and others say it's excellent! Who do you believe? So anyway here are the 2 I am interested in. You can add your inputs and opinions on them to help me out a little bit
default_smile.png

Canon <----Canon camera.

Olympus <---A friend of mine just upgraded and is offering hers to me for $200 and it's only a few months old. She LOVED it but her husband spoiled her and got her a new one!
default_laugh.png

Well a few months ago I had started a post on upgrading my camera. I have narrowed it down to 2. (In my price range of course) I know every camera has it's pros and cons and everyone also has their own opinions. Some will say this camera has poor image quality and others say it's excellent! Who do you believe? So anyway here are the 2 I am interested in. You can add your inputs and opinions on them to help me out a little bit
default_smile.png

Canon <----Canon camera.

Olympus <---A friend of mine just upgraded and is offering hers to me for $200 and it's only a few months old. She LOVED it but her husband spoiled her and got her a new one!
default_laugh.png
Since your friend has the Olympus, is there any way you can try it out and see how you like it? Hands on can be helpful for deciding.

I don't know about either camera; probably due for an upgrade myself, but so far, mine works fine for me.

Both are good brands of camera although I noticed the reviews of that particular Olympus weren't very good. I ADORE my Canon S5, the two things I'd change about it would be to increase the zoom factor to 15-30x for better shooting minis across a large field and to increase the frames-per-second rate for continuous shooting. The new Canon you're looking at has the zoom but is even worse on the FPS so you may not be as happy with it for action shots. I've been very happy with my last couple of high-end cameras from them though, one a pocket-sized and the last the S5.

Leia

I always thought that Olympus was a good brand of camera.........until we got one for work. :arg! Based on my experience with it, I would NEVER recommend anyone buying that brand! It wouldn't take pictures when you wanted to, and if by chance it did, you could take one and that was it! I have a Canon and an HP, both of which I love!

Without a doubt, for me - Olympus =
default_thumbdown.gif
default_thumbdown.gif
default_thumbdown.gif

I have an Olympus SP 550 UZ that I used for 2-3 years. I really liked it because the photos were great quality, I mostly shot outdoors and had alot of fun with it. I have now upgraded to the Canon T2i, it has tons of more stuff in it, and incredible color and detail, than my Olympus but its newer and much more expensive. Although neither camera are exactly like yours, I was very pleased with both cameras but am extremely thrilled with my Canon. Tons of features and relatively easy to use. From what I have seen from Canon in general, they make awsome cameras of all kinds.

Thanks for your replys guys! Everyone has their own opinions on amazon on the reviews...it's really hard to know who is right. I have thought it through and I'm going to wait until school gets out for the summer as I babysit 3-4 days a week every week. I get paid $40-60 a week for it. So if I save what I can till school is over I should be able to bring my limit a little higher to spend on a great camera. That way I can continue to to read reviews, take a look at the stores and maybe try a few of them out. Thanks again for the replys
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back