Which division/class to choose?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farina

In Remembrance
Reaction score
Hi,

I need the advice of you all.

I have recently bought a very nice 20 y-o stallion. He is now registered with ASPC and is on the way to hardshipping into AMHR (he is 37" at his last mane hair). You can find his pedigree at http://www.allbreedp...nders moon beam if it helps. He has lost an eye in an accident a few years ago at his former owners but he was adapting fine. He is fit and needs something to do. With his lost eye I feel that he is no halter horse anymore but he absolutely loves to drive.

We have some shows here in Germany and I would love to show him but I can't decide if ASPC or AMHR and if Country Pleasure or Pleasure...

Here are four pics of him in harness and here [/URL] is the link to a (bad) video of him driving too.

I know that there isn't much competition but I would love to choose the right classes for him. Or do you think he is too old for shows?

Moon_Geschirr1.jpg

Moon_Kutsche1.jpg

Moon_Kutsche2.jpg

Moon_Kutsche3.jpg

If he's still enjoying driving and you like to drive him, there's no such thing as "too old for showing!" He looks in good trim (I would never have guessed he was anywhere near that old) and you've got that neat little carriage...I say go for it!

I'm afraid however that I don't have any idea what division to put him in as I'm not familiar with the various Shetland class options. I would not think he'd be a Single Pleasure horse however as he doesn't have nearly enough movement. Put him Country if you show him as a mini and hopefully someone will chime in with better suggestions for if you choose to show him ASPC.

He's very handsome!

Leia

If he is in good physical shape and still enjoys having a job, then there is no such thing as too old. My grandkids are still showing my 23 yr old gelding and he actually is acting better as time goes along. He has been "retired" 3 times in his life so far. I can say that he really seems to enjoy being groomed and taken to a show rather than left in the pasture. Also the judges are usually quite surprised at his age since he doesn't act like he's "old".

Latest posts

Back