When an AMHR-B measures over 38" - - then what?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, something to look forward to. If I breed those girls to George next year I should have George Fjords in 2013 ready to start riding. So maybe I could get Dennis Scott of Dakota Miniatures to take me in lead line in 2014 at Congress. I want to ride a mare and I am going to name her Georgie Fjordie. Maybe costume too. Does anyone remember that cartoon with a Viking and his wife? Dennis could go as the Viking guy and I could go as Helga I think her name was.
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

I think we are all getting confused and talking about 2 different things a ASPR pony American Show Pony is a hackney pony crossed with Shetland, some are actual Hackney - or a ASPR bred to a ASPR

The NSPR -National Show Pony is a mini or shetland crossed with anything that has a resulting foal no bigger then 14.2 at maturity is how I understand it

IF I had a 40 inch horse -- I would NOT have a mini-- I would have a PONY. Clear & simple. !!
well, for that matter all our 38" and under Minis are also PONIES. They may not have Shetland papers, but that doesn't mean they don't qualify for the designation PONY. If you want clear and simple...

I gotta get this straight.
We have the --

Classic Shetland Pony

Foundation Shetland Pony

Modern Shetland Pony

American Show Pony

National Show Pony

American Miniature Horse--- overs and unders

Wow did I forget any? And the Ponies have overs and unders, don't they.
You forgot the Modern Pleasure division
default_smile.png

Kay

Minimor--- I wonder if anyone has registered an already registered AMHR mini in the National Show Pony thing. If not, do you want to go first or should I? We could have the first [SIZE=14pt]Double registered- High Bred- Full Blooded- Straight American Miniature NATIONAL SHOW PONY [/SIZE]

Doggies, that ought to sell a horse.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

The Miniature Show Pony--humm

Congress here we come.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF I had a 40 inch horse -- I would NOT have a mini-- I would have a PONY. Clear & simple. !!
well, for that matter all our 38" and under Minis are also PONIES. They may not have Shetland papers, but that doesn't mean they don't qualify for the designation PONY. If you want clear and simple...
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png
I was just gonna say this. Amy, you have a few 36" or so, AMHR/ASPC miniature horses, are they not also Shetland ponies?? A pony is a pony, no matter the papers.

default_wink.png
But in that same vein of clear and simple if I have over 38" I no longer have a miniature horse.

default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png
I was just gonna say this. Amy, you have a few 36" or so, AMHR/ASPC miniature horses, are they not also Shetland ponies?? A pony is a pony, no matter the papers.

yes, we have both 29 inch miniature horses & double registered 36 inch shetland/ miniatures. & we love them all dearly.

HOWEVER, -- we were discussing a 40 " horse-- the thing is clear & simple -- then I would have a PONY only -- i no longer have a registered miniature horse -- with papers or without papers it is NOT a miniature by any standard then.

Like you say Desiree -- a pony is a pony no matter if papers or no papers-- HOWEVER- a miniature horse over 38 inches is no longer a miniature horse -- and so should lose its papers -- that is how it is set up -- clear & simple. Just follow the rules .

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back