Whats Cooking ? Whats for dinner ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday, I forgot to mention fried chicken breast tenders.

Once I opened the bag, I found I'd cut them into nuggets!😯

I didn't think my spouse would eat them (he's VERY finicky) yet surprisingly he did. First time I've ever made them, so I hope I remember the recipe when I put it in my book!

Tonight is 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ 'cause I'm feeling creepy and he said he'd be home 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

(If you can't see my emotions, they're people shrugging.)

To night was meatloaf…..

When I was a kid, i was a very picky eater, go figure 🤣🤣 Well one night my parents made meatloaf and I refused to eat it so they made me sit at the table ALL night with my meatloaf as they ALL watched tv. Still didn’t eat it! ALL NIGHT!! The next morning they thought it would be a good idea to serve it to me for breakfast! 🤦🏻‍♀️ BREAKFAST! 🤢 Still didn’t eat it! So, needless to say I don’t like meatloaf to this day 🤣🤣🤣

When I was a kid, i was a very picky eater, go figure 🤣🤣 Well one night my parents made meatloaf and I refused to eat it so they made me sit at the table ALL night with my meatloaf as they ALL watched tv. Still didn’t eat it! ALL NIGHT!! The next morning they thought it would be a good idea to serve it to me for breakfast! 🤦🏻‍♀️ BREAKFAST! 🤢 Still didn’t eat it! So, needless to say I don’t like meatloaf to this day 🤣🤣🤣
Oh Kelly, I would not eat it either and especially for not breakfast!!😳

I’d like to hear a bit more about your fried green chili!
I hope you meant dried green chili! It is Hatch green chili, roasted, and then I put it in my dehydrator. Then grind it in an herb grinder. My word! That is the terrible part. I have to wear a mask and safety glasses as it will burn my eyes out of their sockets. Also rubber gloves. But it's worth it. I put it in a jar that has a sprinkle lid and just add a dash or two to a dish.

I hope you meant dried green chili! It is Hatch green chili, roasted, and then I put it in my dehydrator. Then grind it in an herb grinder. My word! That is the terrible part. I have to wear a mask and safety glasses as it will burn my eyes out of their sockets. Also rubber gloves. But it's worth it. I put it in a jar that has a sprinkle lid and just add a dash or two to a dish.
Oh my goodness that sounds really intensely spicy!!! 🤣 Since having kids I’ve found I crave spicy food more than ever... It’s a rebellion against all that vanilla mild child friendly food! Although I’m grateful my kids are pretty eclectic! my soon 6 year old loves paté and pickles and my 2 year old loves pickled ginger, they’re open to trying new things.

I have a Szechuan salt that I make. Szechuan pepper toasted and ground with salt in the food processor. It’s so fragrant! Great on deep fried chicken wings or mushrooms. 😋

I like potato pancakes. But I'm not a fan of German food. My relatives are from Bavaria and used to make their own bratwurst and liverwurst. I like the spice of Mexican food better; German food seems too bland. They did put carraway in the sauerkraut, which is a little flavorful. And I liked sour gravy, which was made with vinegar. jmho.

Tonight we went to a friends for dinner. they had made a yummy fish pie and a delicious salad with mixed leaves, nectarines and pine nuts! I brought dessert which was ... actually I’m not sure what to call it, I kinda made it up... A biscuity base of macadamia nut and corn flakes in the food processor with honey and melted butter... a chocolate cake batter made of hazelnut meal, melted chocolate, melted butter and beaten egg, then baked til cake cooked. Then make caramel mousse by whipping cream then folding in caramel. Spoon it on top of cooled cake top til it forms an oozey mountain! I sprinkled corn flakes on top for a bit of extra crunchy fun!! Turned out yum! I love making up random stuff like that!! 😝

We four sisters got together yesterday to celebrate March birthdays. One sister cannot have gluten so I made gluten free cupcakes with gluten free marshmallow frosting. I used carolina jasmine and pansies for decoration. Forgot to take a picture before we ate 4 of them, with the purple birthday candles. The cakes were not bad--for being gluten free.cupcakes.jpg

Latest posts

Back