What to wear for Classic Pleasure driving?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GwynethYogi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what everyone wears for Classic Pleasure driving? Would a blazer type thing be okay? Also, should I wear a hat? Pictures of what you wear for classic pleasure driving would be very much appreciated. : )

Thanks!

I either wear my polka dot blazer (shown), white blazer or a performance shirt. If you show in AMHR you are required to wear a western hat but in AMHA it is not required and I don't wear one.

c0fc9732-662e-486b-b430-0c2f8973f1dd.jpg

Is this for AMHA shows? In the AMHA rulebook it says "ladies to wear a dress, tailored suit, skirt, or slacks with blouse, vest, or jacket.Hats optional. Gloves and aprons or lap robes are optional in all classes. All exhibitors may choose to wear a helmet instead of a hat. "That is on page 107. I've never seen anyone wear a dress at a local show. I usually just wear black pants and a blazer.

I wear a skirt. I can add the skirt to my outfit after harnessing, if it is full or long. The hardest part is shoes. I found a hat recently and must put my outfit together before the show at the end of the month to see if it all goes together well. I have gone hatless and placed, so I think the overall "picture" of good grooming and appropriateness is the best presentation at local AMHA shows. The higher one goes in competition, the more the "picture" matters, no doubt.

I use my Jerald runabout cart, so the bottom half of my attire is more visible than with a show cart; I think the skirt is appropriate--but, I love wearing skirts so that is my preference. The runabout is easy to enter in a skirt; not so sure about show carts!

Good luck to you!

Alright, thanks everyone. I think I'll wear a blue blazer with a hat. : )

Latest posts

Back