Name suggestions!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura&HerMinis

Reaction score
HI everyone!

As some of you may know, my mare Tequila (aka Keyes) is expecting a foal this spring. I would love some name suggestions! Her full name is OMG When I Taste Tequila, and the stud is Bonanza's Boomerang.
I don't drink nor like it so I would prefer non alcoholic names, and would love to have both parents incorporated if possible. Otherwise, I'm open to anything!
She is palomino and he is black pinto. My farm is Notewood Acres, and I'm still trying to decide between NW as a prefix or Notewood, or maybe one of you has an idea!
Thanks so much everyone! I love coming here and I know people are super creative, unlike me at this point lol.

You are a new farm so it is a great time to start a new name trend with your minis!

Like you, I find names tough but we are not alone! A registered mini I sold (but would love to meet again) was registered as “Chucky the First”. 😁

While washing up the breakfast dishes (my thinking space 😂), I wondered about the different themes, if you will, that are used by farms. Sometimes based on the top stallion’s name such as “AQHA Shining Spark”..

Since you would like to start fresh, there were a few fields that came to mind: music (melody, harmony, a cappella, forte, mezzo, etc), botany (thistle, spruce, violet, lily, fern, etc) or depending on family heritage maybe family names (Sven, Olga, Hildegard, Erik, Loki, Balder..)

Not sure that helps but it was fun daydreaming! 😂

While washing up the breakfast dishes (my thinking space 😂), I wondered about the different themes, if you will, that are used by farms. Sometimes based on the top stallion’s name such as “AQHA Shining Spark”..

Since you would like to start fresh, there were a few fields that came to mind: music (melody, harmony, a cappella, forte, mezzo, etc), botany (thistle, spruce, violet, lily, fern, etc) or depending on family heritage maybe family names (Sven, Olga, Hildegard, Erik, Loki, Balder..)

Not sure that helps but it was fun daydreaming! 😂
I would LOVE to start with musical names as I'm a musician! I also like the idea of nature/plants, or maybe non alcoholic drinks (like Fresca, Mountain Dew, those kind of things) this is gonna be hard choosing a theme!

Mini horse breeders often don't follow the idea of using the parent's names in the offspring. I think it's more common for each breeder to go with their own thing. I've seen a farm naming all the babies after celebrities, there is a farm that puts a certain word in most of the foals. Some farms just use the initials in front, others use the farm name. I've seen food themes and who knows what all else. And of course there are those that use the parent's names, or whatever ancestor was most famous.
None of which helps you come up with a name, but you can pretty much do whatever you like and it won't be considered odd.

Mini horse breeders often don't follow the idea of using the parent's names in the offspring. I think it's more common for each breeder to go with their own thing. I've seen a farm naming all the babies after celebrities, there is a farm that puts a certain word in most of the foals. Some farms just use the initials in front, others use the farm name. I've seen food themes and who knows what all else. And of course there are those that use the parent's names, or whatever ancestor was most famous.
None of which helps you come up with a name, but you can pretty much do whatever you like and it won't be considered odd.
Thank you for that! I'm really liking the idea of using nature themes, like Fern, Breeze, Brook, Autumn, that kind of thing! I think I may do something like that and see if I can make the name sound like a candle smell or a fancy taste (to incorporate the Taste part of Tequila's name somehow)

Latest posts

Back