What should I do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok well she is one day closer, say hi to your neice from us.
default_smile.png

Came home on my lunch to check on her and also to test her. Decided to get a few pics while I was at the barn.
default_yes.gif

922704_10201258486969423_167752900_n.jpg

936581_10201258488529462_1010520149_n.jpg

248157_10201258490969523_533371911_n.jpg

253520_10201258494249605_793884674_n.jpg

7775_10201258497649690_647661939_n.jpg

wow, she is looking very interesting, I am betting she will foal tonight or tomorrow at the latest, lets see if she agrees
default_yes.gif
Can you take a look at the inside of her vulva to see what colour it is, a pic for us top see would be great please
default_smile.png

Pic will have to wait but I'll check before I head back to work, dont have time to upload a pic...just getting ready to leave! lol

I remember that 6.4 VERY UGLY pea soup green color on those strips but it is the 2nd most Beautiful color in the world when you are looking forward to your new arrival...nothing beats a yellow!!...then you have your full house...or in your case your full stall!! Good luck and wishing you the best

She seems to be getting restless; was itching her butt on the gate; kicking at her belly & swishing her tail. Not sure how much of that is flies though.

So exciting!!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
praying for a healthy foal for you and an easy delivery!

Oh that's good, keep us updated on her behaviour
default_yes.gif
I am sending prayers for a safe and easy foaling for you and little Sugar
default_pray.gif

Well, I think most of that was because of flies because she's her same ol'self...eating her supper right now. I think she was getting impatient because she was out of hay and it was time to eat. lol I tested her earlier and it was still 6.4 I'll test later on this evening before I go to bed.

485555_10201259782281805_1707832208_n.jpg

At 6.4 I wouldn't be going to be - unless you have the bed right outside her door or inside her stall if it is big enough! Checking her every 20 minutes is not often enough at this stage of the game in my opinion. You and she have waited a long time for this baby and you need to be right there for her as she goes into labour.

Sorry if this sounds as if I'm 'lecturing' you, but it simply isn't worth the risk of having a mare foal alone!

Good luck and prayers for a safe smooth foaling.
default_yes.gif

WOW! Her tummy is REALLY in the "GO" position!! Pull up the sleeping bag and get ready to watch your little one be born! Sure looks like it could be tonight!!

Praying for a safe delivery of a healthy baby!!!

Nope. She's testing 6.4. Ill test her again when I get home on my lunch break. Her behavior last night was completely normal so I didnt think she was going to foal.suppose to have storms this afternoon and tonight so I bet she will be fine this morning....she will wait for the worst part of the worst storm to have the foal!! LOL

Keep us posted. Come on little momma -- we're all ready and waiting to see that precious little one!

Just checking in to see baby pictures...drats...guess I can wait alittle more. I sure hope mother nature will hold those storms back for you or at the very least send them in another direction....doesnt she know you have enough on your mind already. Will check back later for updates. Enjoy your day

Latest posts

Back