What should I do?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is she testing in this photo? Do you go by the lighter center and compare that to the chart or do you go by the darker outer edge and compare that to the chart? I am just a bit confused on how to read the results...thanks!

390652_10201251616557667_825692110_n.jpg

wow she has dropped to 6.4, Keep a very close eye on her as she is dropping fast. Can we have an udder and hooha pic please also a side on and rear view tummy pic. Make sur eshe is never alone from now on
default_yes.gif

she has gone from this

397898_10201249928835475_1216557692_n.jpg

to this in one day.

390652_10201251616557667_825692110_n.jpg

You will have a baby very soon
default_thumbup.gif

I'll get the pictures and test her again when I get home from class. If she's going to foal soon, I hope it's today or tonight. We both work Wed/Thurs. I can't call off unless she is actually in labor. It's going to count against me either way but if I call off, it's needs to be worth the point against me. *sighs* I wish horses were like goats. I plan the goats kiddings so I am home. haha And my job is not 'forgiving' with the call offs...heck it counts against us even w/ a doctor's note. I think that is absolutely ridiculous!

Do you have a friend or relative that could sit at your place whilst you are at work? We have had 2 nasty dystocias in the last few days, both owners were present and only one foal made it. If this happens and you are not present you have a very high risk of losing both mare and foal.

Maybe even a friendly neighbour?

My cousin has the normal Mon-Fri job. My other cousin works the same shifts as my mom (work same place) My other cousin works the normal mon-fri job also...if my niece isn't home tomorrow then no, I don't have anyone who can check on her.

great, make them a cake and ask them to come horseysit whist you are at work. Give them a list of things to look out for and let them know how to come on here if they need to ask a question.
default_thumbup.gif

I'll be out of luck if my niece isn't going to be home tomorrow. I know she'll check on her, if she's home...but she's hardly ever home any more. Hopefully Sugar will just be cooperative and have that baby in the night. Being up in the night would be well worth it to have her foal when I am home and not at work. Or she could be even more cooperative and foal at about 2:30 (Gives me time to get home, change into barn clothes, and get a drink of ice tea...) Yea I know mares don't like to be cooperative...Goat's don't like to be either! Personally I think with the goats the more times I checked, the longer they held off...it was a like a plot against me....for every time I came to the barn...they added about 5 minutes to their labor w/ a smug look on their face....haha

If she is showing good signs of foaling in the morning my mom can call off but she doesn't really want to use her sick time unless Sugar is for sure looking like she's going to foal that day.

Well, my niece said she might be home tomorrow, if she is, she'll keep an eye on her....so lets hope the brats goes before then! OR after I get home from work, either is fine by me. Anywho, retested her when I got home from class today. Here are the photos, sorry about the lighting in the stall/photo quality.

601906_10201252996712170_1950788649_n.jpg

249181_10201252998472214_1042523200_n.jpg

393028_10201253000432263_1264244637_n.jpg

321299_10201253004672369_1002410319_n.jpg

944693_10201253006112405_2010657231_n.jpg

943588_10201253007952451_1727596792_n.jpg

Wow that baby is coming very soon! I sure hope you have your niece there for you. Prayers are going out to you and mama on a safe delivery!!!
default_pray.gif

Thanks for the pics
default_smile.png
it looks like baby is still riding high and her udder needs a bit of work but with her milk testing 6.4 I don't think it will take long for her to make the final adjustments. Keep a close eye on her and test her again this evening.

BTW- Her first baby was aborted at 4 months gestation so this is her first full term baby.

How exciting. I think we're going to have a baby very soon!! The strips should be read right away, as when the paper dries, the color darkens, so best of luck foaling -- which I think will be soon!

I checked her this evening; she is still at 6.4.

My niece has agreed to keep an eye on her tomorrow and she knows to keep me updated via text and to call me if Sugar decides to foal. I hope she holds off though. Either way, I only live about 10 minutes from work....so I can make it home pretty darn quick and I'll come home on my lunch break to check her and to test her again if she's still at a 6.4 in the morning when I test her. I'll keep you all updated.
default_smile.png

Oh, thank heavens for nieces!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that she'll go when it's convenient for you!
default_pray.gif
Convenient, yeah, that'd be nice!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do! We're all anxiously awaiting this little one.

Praying for an uneventful delivery of a healthy baby!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

I'm lucky, this forum shows up on my phone in an easy to read/reply context. I just can't add photos with out viewing the 'full site' or something like that. So I can keep you all updated via my cell phone. I am excited to see her little one. I hope she has a healthy baby and an uneventful foaling. After losing her first baby I am really looking forward to this one.

Latest posts

Back