What is the matter with people?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats very sad to watch
default_sad.png
poor baby! shes much to big to be even attemting to ride!

[SIZE=12pt]O.K. I'll bite.... and I'm NOT going to be kind about it either.... There are some things that I personally can't overlook and if my response offends anyone I'm sorry.... But don't expect me to bite my tongue about something I have a passionate interest in. [/SIZE]

It's IGNORANCE at it's best.... Need I say more. No!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, don't know if it was my day or what.

But I need to stop reading these kind of posts as they are really starting to &%@#!*^&% me off.

I totally agree Frankie and I'm with you!!!! There are ways to comment on people's utube postings....

Just edited to note I see that someone already did!!

Here's a few more that just astound me!!

There are more, some with comments I wouldnt want to repeat here, but there are many videos and it makes me sick! Stupid abusive people!

Oh I know they are all over youtube. These people need some common sense!!!! I hate watching them, poor horses look so angry when the people jump on and I dont blame them
default_no.gif

A note to all the idiots out there that seem not to have figured this out: If your legs are longer than the horse's legs are, you are too big to ride it!
default_no.gif

I can home one day years ago to find teenage girls and boys in my paddock area trying to ride my Mini's just like in the video.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

Mind you, I have a fence with gates all around my property, including across the driveway. So they had to open a gate just to get on my property, then the gate to the paddock area. I am out in the country and the nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away.

Knowing teenagers, if I got really angry to their faces, they would be back for more trouble when I was not home. I did ask them what they were doing and tell them that these horses were too small to be ridden, and to please ask me if they wanted to come over in the future.

What I would have really liked to say to them was !#$%R^^&%%^&**%$$##@@@%$^*(^^@*&&$&^%*^%$(#%&($%&($&(@&$(%$#)%()%($($. I think you get the picture.

Even so, a couple of years later I had hired a farmers daughter to take care of the horses while I was gone at a show. The first night I was gone there was a party down the road, bunch of teenageers getting drunk. The girl taking care of the horses, left 5 gates open and Windchaser and his mares and their foals got out. At the time I lived on a dirt road.

The next morning at 5:00 AM I get a call from the police. There were two dead horses, one dead foal ,another with a shattered pelvis, one with a broken foot and another with road rash. It cost me over $40,000 in lost horses and vet bills. Turns out, (the police think) that the kids down the road went out joy riding and when they saw the horses, purposely ran them over. None of the dead or injured horses were in the road, all were off the road and no one had stopped to call for help. No tire marks of any car trying to stop. There was nothing I could do about it, no leads from the police. (In actuality, if there had been any injuries or car damage, I would have been liable, yet no one stopped or called the police). It was also more than one car involved.

Fortunatly all of these teens are now grown and gone, but I always wonder if it all started with me asking them not to come on my property and ride my Minis.

Yes, this is sad. But a least they are well cared for with regards to feed and grooming. I cannot imagine an adult staying on one for a long period of time, it would like trying to ride a goat
default_smile.png

What I imagine a goat ride to be that is.

B

What can be said. Kids are stupid. When I had my big horses the kids at the barn thought it was great sport to go in the resident pony's stall, climb on board and see who could stay on the longest. She was about 9-10 hands and they were teenagers. The barn owner didn't think it was important enough to stop it.

It's not just kids! When we first started looking for horses, we went to a farm that "raised" minis and the woman told us this particular one had been shown and was rideable. At which time she threw her leg over the horse and sat down. Now I didn't know much about minis and she was only around 4' 10" but no light weight and I was apalled. We left there with no plans to return!

I agree its not just kids!!!!!!
default_no.gif
I found this one...ALL ADULTS!! and they say its cute, yes they are a little bigger mini but still c'mon!

[SIZE=12pt]Riverdance, so sorry for your tradegy...
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

These are some sad video's for sure, & there are a ton out there!
default_unsure.png

Sure makes you appreciate the little guys, you can see they don't want the people to get on them, yet they stand there in take it like troopers... if only people were as kind as they are...
default_wub.png

Though I'd love to get ahold of those people...
default_torch.gif

A note to all the idiots out there that seem not to have figured this out: If your legs are longer than the horse's legs are, you are too big to ride it!
default_no.gif
Going along with this in regard to the last video posted, if you weigh nearly as much as the horse, don't ride it! They actually said that one of those guys weighs 190!
default_no.gif

I know. I yelled at people on a different horse forum. They posted pics of them riding minis and thought it was cute. And they were adults. I told them they were too big and they should be RESPONSIBLE horse owners. There is nothing cute about it. Needless to say, the post got deleted fast!

I choose not to watch them. They just make me mad. Makes me even more mad when they post these as sale pics....broke to ride. I saw one locally where a 10 year old kid was riding a baby mini!
default_wacko.png

Those just make me sick to my stomach! You can see the horse go down as too much weight is put on their back-Hello-that means your too big!

Too many idiots in this world we live in...

Back