What I thought I bought............

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not one to talk to myself.....but found myself saying "OH MY GOD"! ...outloud, when I saw her second photo. Just made me want to cry!

I, too, feel these people should be reported! And bless you for having a heart & keeping this girl so she can be brought back to health. You can see she was a BEAUTIFUL mare at one time.
default_yes.gif
:

OMG..... I am so glad you are going to keep her.

But the person you bought this horse from....needs to not have any animals. err.. what is wrong with people. ....??

Very supprised her Vet allowed any kind of health Certificate to be issued..or the transport compnay would even haul her.

I am appalled ! That is such cruelty to an innocent animal - makes me so angry. They need to be reported, it is criminal.

You should let people know where she came from.

Why why why are you not reporting the seller to the SPCA or Humane Society??????? The person needs to be delt with or at least have a file on. Especially since you stated that this is not the first time you got a skinny horse from her! If he/she's a "breeder" and I use that term loosly, then can you imagine what the rest of the herd looks like? You have their address..do something!!
Don't worry - I am looking into it!!!! The 3 mares that I got from her were all together so I have only bought from her once. The mare that I really really wanted was supposedly sold - then that sale fell through (yeah whatever) and then the woman decided to keep her for herself. I have not idea what condition that mare is in - but I am obviously very concerned. I'm not sure if being from Canada will be harder to deal with the authorities in the US - Pennsylvania to be exact. If anyone has any ideas on who to contact, please let me know.

I have emailed you, and am anxiously awaiting your reply. I am sick about this situation, as I may have a couple of horses involved.
default_sad.png

Rita

default_crybaby.gif
: Poor mare. It makes me so sick to see a animal like this. Please keep us posted on her and the others.

I was about to ask how old is this mare, but I guess she is just 4?

I figured out, I think, who she is--and I'd point out to everyone that here's an example of a well bred mare--good pedigree, big name prefix, sold through a prestigious sale a couple years ago--and she still ended up in this condition. Big name prefix, registration papers & a fancy pedigree does not keep a horse from landing in a bad home. However, in this instance I'd say that those same things did save this horse--I'd rather imagine that without registration papers and a nice pedigree she wouldn't be in the good home she's landed in now!

I'd sure be doing my best to report the seller to the authorities. You do wonder what the vet was thinking, to issue health papers for any horse in that poor condition. You'd think instead he would be contacting authorities himself.

Have you called the vet who issued the health certificate on that mare to ask what the !#$%^&* s/he was thinking?!

Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That poor mare!!!!!!!! I'm happy she's in hands that will give her A LOT of TLC and groceries. I just can't imagine any excuse that could make that picture explainable.

Oh my GOODNESS....oh this poor mare...she looks very similar to the colt that I just rescued as well and it just horrifies me when I see how they used to look, vs. how they look now...oh my gosh my jaw literally dropped to my desk when I saw your mares before and after pictures...

THANK GOD YOU BOUGHT THIS MARE AND SHE IS NOW IN YOUR HANDS!!!!

And bless you for bringing her home instead of sending her back.

:no: I cannot understand how this seller let this beautiful mare get into this deplorable condition, I don't thin ignorance is a good enough excuse when non-horsy people can tell she is in bad condition. Thank goodness you have her, she will do you proud when she returns to look like the first photo, she will be beautiful again.

Bless you for saving her.

Yvonne

OMG!!!!!! Like everyone else I'm horrified by those pictures. I can't wait for the day that you're posting pics of what she once looked like...fat, healthy and loved again.

I'm so sorry this happened to you and your lovely mare.

OMG!!! I hope this IS reported, it seems to be the only thing that somewhat makes people think twice about doing it again. The excuse of folks being 'new to horses' or just 'not knowing' is B.S.!!!! I dont know anything about elephants, but could certainly tell you if I saw one that was sick or thin!!

I hope she turns out ok and has no other health issues due to this. I too, would not have guessed that was the same horse if I had not compared the markings. DISGUSTING!!!!

The excuse of folks being 'new to horses' or just 'not knowing' is B.S.!!!! I dont know anything about elephants, but could certainly tell you if I saw one that was sick or thin!!
:aktion033: Now isn't THIS the truth!
default_yes.gif
: I was thinking that exact same thing, almost word for word! I am just so sick of seeing these poor neglected horses in the past week and each and every one has a story just asking for people to be kind to the person responsible for their condition, that maybe things are not as they appear.

I agree with you Laurie, that is TOTAL BS!!! Just because you don't have the knowledge or experience does not mean you are so darned blind or stupid to CLEARLY see when an animal is wasting away and is nothing more than a skeleton wearing hide!!! :no: And quite frankly, I really don't care if all of you tell me I have no right to be judgemental...I have just seen enough of this over the past few days to last me a lifetime! :eek:

As our dear forum friend miniv's signature reads:

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."

Proverbs 31:8 **

To that, I say AMEN!!

I don't know Mona--I really think STUPID goes a long way in cases like this. I have neighbors who seem to think it's perfectly okay to not feed their animals--usually cats, but there are some horses that aren't faring so well at times either--and I honestly think that these people are so stupid that they think as long as the animal is still up & walking around that it's doing okay.

I've never believed that stupid is a defense for anything, but I do believe some of these people are just plain too stupid to see what's really what with these starving animals. And anyone that stupid really doesn't deserve to have animals.

I have neighbors who seem to think it's perfectly okay to not feed their animals--usually cats
Well, I can see that happening with farm cats, because a cat is a predator...it naturally hunts for it's food, and it CAN survive without human intervention, IF it is not declawed and IF it is living outside in the country. (No, I personally DON'T agree with not feeding cats!! I feel if you have 'en, FEED 'EM!!)

And anyone that stupid really doesn't deserve to have animals.
:aktion033: YES!!!!!!! THAT is what I think too, NO EXCUSES, PERIOD!

Last edited by a moderator:
My question isn't would you have bought the horse now, but what the heck would have happened if you had NOT bought her! Thank God you did, I just wonder what selling price was on her, hope they get turned in by the authorities..THEY should be the one paying! God Bless her.

Maxine

Wow! What can I say except so glad you have her now!

The excuse of folks being 'new to horses' or just 'not knowing' is B.S.!!!! I dont know anything about elephants, but could certainly tell you if I saw one that was sick or thin!!

default_yes.gif
: I was thinking that exact same thing, almost word for word! I am just so sick of seeing these poor neglected horses in the past week and each and every one has a story just asking for people to be kind to the person responsible for their condition, that maybe things are not as they appear.

I agree with you Laurie, that is TOTAL BS!!! Just because you don't have the knowledge or experience does not mean you are so darned blind or stupid to CLEARLY see when an animal is wasting away and is nothing more than a skeleton wearing hide!!! :no: And quite frankly, I really don't care if all of you tell me I have no right to be judgemental...I have just seen enough of this over the past few days to last me a lifetime! :eek:

** "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless."

To that, I say AMEN!!

Perfectly said! :aktion033: I am so happy this beautiful mare now is on the road to recovery and will soon be back to her her extremely cute self. But I sure feel for the OP having to get her in this awful condition and do all the hard work to make her worth what was paid. What would possess someone to put her for sale in that condition let alone send her to a new owner for such a horrendously long trip? I just don't get it and don't think I want to either.
default_wacko.png
:

default_yes.gif

To that, I say AMEN!!

Perfectly said! :aktion033: I am so happy this beautiful mare now is on the road to recovery and will soon be back to her her extremely cute self. But I sure feel for the OP having to get her in this awful condition and do all the hard work to make her worth what was paid. What would possess someone to put her for sale in that condition let alone send her to a new owner for such a horrendously long trip? I just don't get it and don't think I want to either.
default_wacko.png
:

It is a sin to let any animal get in that horrible condition. I really hope you tell everyone you know where she came from and have them spread the word.I know you can't print that info here, but word needs to get out regarding a person who neglects an animal.In bad dealings I have had in the past I have NO PROBLEM relating my experiences to others in hopes that they will avoid any future problem by not dealing with the person.Word of mouth-good or bad is the best sales thing.

Back