What breed of dogs do you have and enjoy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tagalong, it is an amazing photo!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

I remember seeing it before (I think after Folli passed), and thinking the same as Mona....it looks too 'perfect' to be real....but I knew it wasn't doctored at all.

It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime photos.....it is beautiful!
default_yes.gif

~kathryn

We raise the Aust. Cattle dogs the blues and the reds. I cant post pics but I love mine to death. I have a male that I will not take a million dollars for. I would like to thank the Kurpas for a chance in having on of their FUR kids and one of the last ones out of Their male Kurpas Hunker down aka goose,

I just love this breed to me they are more of a family dog then any.

Also have a boxer and a anckle bitter

Just tried to add my dogs' pics to this and got the message

'You are not allowed to use this image extension on this board.'

Anyone know what that's all about?

Just tried to add my dogs' pics to this and got the message

'You are not allowed to use this image extension on this board.'

Anyone know what that's all about?
I usually download to photobucket and use the direct link that they give to each picture.

DGR....I have to say that photo of your Chocolate Lab made me giggle!! I love to see dogs smiling. What a CUTIE!!!

Thank you -- he seems to be smiling in all his pictures... He is a very happy dog...

Helicopter, is your photo a .jpg? If it's a PNG it won't post.

I am so excited! I finally figured out how to post pictures. Thank you Roko&Charlie for all of your help, and now for the moment of glory: My baby girl, Abby
8ef858fb_1144704.jpg

Angus10102.jpg

Our current crew includes an aging Jack Russell and Border Collie, two Pyrenees/Anatolian youngsters, and probably the best dog I've ever owned, a Papillon/mini Aussie cross. Above is Angus, 10 month Pyr cross...already over 100 lbs.

Sampson1010.jpg

Sampson, Angus's slightly goofy sibling.

100_6285.jpg
And the two of them just 8 months ago!

baileypappi08001.jpg

Bailey (Pap/aussie mix) with my daughter's tiny Papillon at about 12 weeks/under 2 lbs. Bailey looks huge but he was maybe 15 lbs then. Oops, didn't realize it was so out of focus - looking for a better one!

Puppies609009.jpg

Not mine, but my daughters both have Papillons. Great little dogs!

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread!

I love just about any breed of dog and over the years, through fostering, I've had many different breeds in my home. But I think my favorite as my personal family member would be the Chihuahua, with Italian Greyhounds being a very close second.

Here are some I've loved over the years:

Jack. The love of my life. He was blind many years before we even knew. He had figured out the lay of the land and navigated so well we didn't know he was blind until we moved to the farm in 2003. He died from a tragic accident in 2007 and my life has never been the same. He was my special baby.
default_wub.png

jackwebname.jpg

Oscar. My sweet little boy who is 12 this year and not feeling very well these days. He's got bad knees and hips from his momma, Carmelita, and his having a particularly rough time this week. Please keep him in your prayers.

oscarname.jpg

Carmelita. Many of you may remember Carmelita's story from my website (isn't up there currently). She was Oscar's mom. We met her when we bought Oscar and at that time I just knew I had a connection with her. I even asked if I could adopt her when she was retired from breeding. Well, a LOT happened in the next 5 years, but she ended up being sold at an auction to a puppymill breeder and was living in horrid conditions - all the while crippled and unable to walk. But she was still being bred! Through the help of unbelievably kind strangers, I was able to get Carm from the puppymill and she spent the last 6 years of her life with me. She never walked the entire time I had her, but that didn't stop her from enjoying life and demanding to be treated like queen! This picture was taken when she was about 11. She died in 2009 from congestive heart failure.

carmelitaname.jpg

This is Darcy, my current IG. I adopted her last May at the age of 10. She was in a puppymill until she was 8, then spent a year with the ASPCA and then a year with the Italian Greyhound Rescue Association (Midwest group). People were afraid of her age, but I think she acts like a 4 year old! Her nickname is Spaz!! Pictured here with Oscar.

P1020092.JPG

And this is Ethyl. She now lives with my ex-husband, but I love her and miss her terribly. We adopted her from a no-kill shelter in 2006. At that time she was estimated to be between 10 and 15 years old. She had a rabies tag on from 1991 but the vet had no records going back that far. She is still going strong, although she's slowed down some. This pic is from 2007. She weighs 3.5lbs. You may have seen her at nationals or worlds with us.

ethyl.JPG

And this is Sammy (blk/wht chi). He passed in 2009, a couple of weeks after Carmelita. We went to the vet to have his teeth cleaned and his heart literally burst while he was being examined. He was on the table and suddenly climbed up on my chest and then he passed out. They rushed him away and came back and said he wasn't going to make it. His heart had literlly burst and there was nothing they could do short of a heart transplant. He was 13 years old. This pic was taken when he was about 2 and Oscar was about 12 weeks.

Babies.JPG

Last edited:
I like variety so we have an assortment in our family. We have Jenna( 5 yrs Great Dane ) Mandy ( 9 yrs Scottish terrier/ Westie ) Madison ( 3 yr Havaneese )

photobucket-5.jpg

JennaStar.jpg

MadisonandJenna.jpg

And Sara ( 11yr Black Lab ) Sadie ( 8 yr Llewellin Setter ) and Anne ( 5 yr Llewellin Setter ) Sadie and Anne are mother and daughter.

threegirls3.jpg

By far the smartest dog I've ever had was Chelsea, a Brittany, we lost her a couple years ago to Diabetes at the age of 10 years. She was an awesome dog, we still really miss her.

Chelsea.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back