What breed of dogs do you have and enjoy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandmaC

Reaction score
Well there's pictures of Mini's and pictures of people why not our dogs?

What breed (or breeds) of dogs do you like and have? Shall we post dog pictures?

We are owned and loved by Bella (Isabella) our 2 y/o GSD and our 10 y/o Pit Bull.

And run a small private Miniature Pincher rescue and currently have 12.

. 7 we should just say are ours as they have 'issues and some with a biting history

so for some it was either us or euthanasia for them.

Here is Bella,

Bella Loves the snow

PB230017.jpg

Last year as a pup

PB110025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing, I no longer have minis so this is a thread I can participate in. I love black labs, I lost my lab Brutus over a year ago and he was my soulmate, he was almost 13 when he went to the bridge :

Brutusatringwood.jpg

One day I will have a black lab again when the time is right, but I do have two other dogs that I love with all my heart, the two in my avatar...Radar is the black/white one, he is a mix of (spaniel/beagle/lab/???), he is about 11 and the brown and white guy is my Rat Terrier named Tanga, he is about 3.

Here is the three of them all together summer of 2009 at the lake:

dogsw.jpg

This is "Abby", our spayed coming 3 year old Boxer...

abby9mos.jpg

This is "Monkey", our year and a half old neutered Chinese Crested/Chihuahua mix...

monkeymain.gif

And this is "Brandi", our spayed 8 year old Chihuahua/Terrier mix that we adopted/inherited when my Mom recently passed away...

brandimain.gif

Now you're asking for it
default_biggrin.png

I own, breed, show (conformation, Rally-Obedience and herding) and LOVE Cardigan Welsh Corgis!

This was taken the end of November-Cash, Ritchi, Delilah, Moxie (also in my avatar), Jane, Sassy (she was just visiting) and Lainey-who was expecting at the time.

5244827546_829f78f5f6.jpg

And these are the newest bunch, now 5 weeks old!

Check out my website for more pictures. I am working on completely redoing my website at the moment, so I don't have puppy pics up yet.

~kathryn

I LOVE the Pembroke Welsh Corgi's, Other than color what other differences are there between the Pembroke and the Cardigans?

Mona, I LOVE Brandi's crown necklace!

Kath, that pic of all the Corgies running made me smile!

{{{Sonya}}} Brutus was a beauty
default_yes.gif

What the heck Robin...how dare you reply without telling us and showing us YOURS!!! Come on, spit up the photos again!! Yes, Brandi no longer has that "necklace. Mys sister had bought it for her one year for Chrismas. Mom called it Brandi's "pearls". LOL! There is another oblong shaped pink tag behind her rabies tag but you can't see it in that photo...it say's "Her Majesty". I bought that for her years ago too, when I was in a pet store and saw it! I figured she just had to have it!

I have Italian Greyhounds. Have owned and shown them since 1985. We also have a token Doberman (have owned the breed since 84) Since getting into the minis I have cut WAY back on showing the dogs. Currently we only have three adult IGs, one old rescue, one dog who will be going to Japan this spring, and the dam of my current litter.

This is one of our upcoming stars Bleu (or Boo as it seems to have morphed into)

KFblue7.jpg

You can see more of the crew on our website.

My husband and I love dogs. They are really our children. They're with us all the time and most of them sleep on the bed with us at night. I can't imagine life without them and love them so much it hurts. Here are some of our kids:

Winston, who we lost a little over 2 years ago, but I still think of him every day. Like Sonya's Brutus, Winston was my soul mate:

WINSTON%20--%2006082005%20002.jpg

Watson, who came to us very soon after we lost Winston from a special friend and just so many things that told us he was meant to be. I think WInston's a big influence on Watson because he is just EXACTLY what his mommy needs:

Watson-020609-2.jpg

This is Wilson, who is Watson's full brother. We got him a couple months after we got Watson. I had actually taken off almost the entire first two months of Watson coming home and when I had to be at the office more often, I didn't want Watson not to have a playmate his own age and we were able to get Wilson. We say they are "life partners".

Wilson--011809--015.jpg

Willow, who was "Winston's baby" (not really, but "he" got her when he was 2yrs old and just adored her -- see little picture):

WILLOW%20--%2006082005%20046.jpg

Winston+Willow-071700-3-page.jpg

"Super Model" collie, Kelsey is below. She is really good with the little dogs, goats and horses. She adores the foals especially. Great watchdog, too:

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20034.jpg

GrandmaC your GSD is beautiful. I also love seeing other forum member's pups who have been here for years. Sonya I remember Brutus, what gentle eyes he had. Mona, I am so very sorry to hear about your mother.....we lost Dad in April and it feels like only yesterday. Even tho the time goes by fast, it doesn't feel so in your heart. I'm happy to see that her little pup Brandi got to come live with you.

I love this thread being the dog lover that I am!

Here are my two....Lakota and Tweety. Lakota is my 5 yr. old Cane Corso and Tweety is my 10 yr. old Boxer. Lakota is my canine soulmate. My world revolves around her....and she knows it. lol... She is a wonderful companion and protection/guardian of my own being and the farm. She loves "her" horses, chickens, duck and cat.

28964_1484922003567_1249393927_1366656_3152639_n.jpg

28964_1484921883564_1249393927_1366653_3694202_n.jpg

Jill are those Shi Zu's?

Kathryn I hope you'll tell us more about Cardigans. I've had a Pembroke but have not known anyone with a Cardigan.

They're beautiful and the picture of them running in the snow is awesome. So cute!

Today we're taking a Cocker that is in our rescue to the groomers and Monday he gets neutered.

Will take before and after pics and post them. We don't usually do cockers as we take in unwanted Min Pins with 'issues'

Have a major biter coming in Monday
rolleyes.gif

I have Shih Tzu's and Poodles

xmasmorningourdogs.jpg

Just had a litter of pups (six) 3 days ago..

Passionlitterofsixc.jpg

Passionlitterofsixa-1.jpg

Here is my doggy soulmate. Had several dogs over the years but never one touch my soul like him. Harley the Shih Tzu. I keep him cut very short most of the time except in the cold months Dec-Feb since he is outside with me all the time. He is such a friendly, happy fella.

harleyfavoritenov10.jpg

sleddnworeeanout.jpg

harleyandfriends.jpg

I love Aussies, had one for 13.5 years, lost her about 1.5 years ago.

Here's Bridgette:

bridgette2004.jpg

And, here's my current girl, she's a blue heelerX [blue Heeler X Hanging Tree (hanging tree is a mix of Catahoula, kelpie and border collie).

Puppy pic:

puppy-Brie-9-26-07-reallycute.jpg

And, more recent:

brie-May182009.jpg

I do want another Aussie someday, but right now we each have a dog, and that's plenty.

I can't post photos, ugh.
default_sad.png
My second favorite topic to horses is dogs. I have one blue full sized collie, three powderpuff chinese cresteds and one tibetan spaniel. I love dogs.
default_aktion033.gif

done by accident of a mod sees this post delete this was suppose to be an edit of a prior one
rolleyes.gif

I can't post photos either, but I have 2 Pembroke Corgis.Lost another 1 in late September to mouth cancer.She was 11 and I rescued her from a bad home situation almost 10 years ago.If she was still here she would be right under my feet while I'm on the computer.Boy, do I miss her. I have had Corgis since 1972 and bred and showed them for a while.Before that I bred and showed German Shepherds starting in 1961.Had the same lines for 42 years when I lost my last one.I LOVE my Corgis except for the hair that is always on the floor and my clothes.I HATE cleaning the house, but love mucking stalls.Pembroke Corgis have no tails(removed at 3 days) and are smaller than Cardigans and have different body build and fronts.Cardigans come in more colors than Pembrokes -merles, brindles in addition to the red&white, sable and tri colors of the Pembrokes.Both are nice breeds.My friend who has had both is trying to get me to get a Cardigan, but I love my Pembrokes.This is a fun thread.Forum members have some awesome looking dogs.

Jill are those Shi Zu's?

Yes! I'm sorry I left that part out. Our little dogs are Shih-Tzu's. I love the breed. It's our favorite ever since we got Winston when he was a baby
default_wub.png
They're like big dogs in little dog bodies. It's almost amazing so much self importance FITS in those little bodies
default_biggrin.png

Love this topic. Dogs are my favourite people.

I have a Cocker Spaniel (my 4th Cocker) and a Maltese. I call Cockers 'love machines' for obvious reasons. Beamer is a bit of a weirdo, so sensitive, so many funny little idiosyncracies but boy does he know how to cuddle.
default_wub.png
Lizzie, the Maltese, is rising 16 years old, found her on a street corner a lifetime ago. So sweet, always was and always will be.
default_wub.png

RATS!!!! Thought I'd be able to work out how to add photos but can't.. Have to go to the practice page. I'll be back..

I have a 2 year old Chocolate Lab. Shes the typical lab, loves water, loves food, loves people lol. I dont have a picture of her currently tho. I dont LOVE labs, but there great family dogs. I love pointers and boxers =]

Latest posts

Back