What an amazing Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferin

Reaction score
Nationals was amazing! I had attended before as just a spectator but having my own horses there this year made it so much better. I couldn’t have been happier with how they performed. They gave their full effort in every class and I couldn’t of asked for anything more from them.

The way my gelding, Wauk-A-Way Kansas Twister, did made the entire show absolutely perfect.
default_wub.png
Many of you don’t know about his background with driving. But to make a long story short he had a terrible cart accident at the beginning of this show season. He was terrified of the cart and would tremble if he saw a cart move at the opposite end of an arena. We thought that his driving days were over and seriously doubted if he would ever be able to drive again. My trainer and his wife, Jim and Mary Frazier of Blue Blazes, took Twister in for cart rehabilitation. With hours and hours of work and love they got Twister back in cart and made him what he is today. Nationals was Twister’s first big show back since his accident. He is better than ever and at the top of his game now. Driving him and watching him drive in that show ring was the most amazing thing I could have ever imagined. I never thought I would witness that after what had happened to him. He was a perfect gentlemen for every class and acted like a seasoned performer.

The two mares I took made me proud also. Fame and Dance both showed great and stood up to the competition well. I ended up only getting to show Dance in a couple of her driving classes and had to scratch the rest. She had a big sore lump pop up right under where part of her saddle goes and it made it uncomfortable for her to drive. That was disappointing but she made up for it in everything else.

All in all, we had a great show. A big thanks goes out to everyone who made Nationals possible, Jim and Mary Frazier for everything you all do for me, and Macy Plemmons and Julie Zander for showing my babies in youth.

Now for results…

~ Wauk-A-Way Kansas Twister ~

National Reserve GRAND Champion Country Pleasure

3x National Champion Country Pleasure

2x Reserve National Champion Country Pleasure

Top 10 Country Pleasure (6th out of 43)

Top 10 Halter (6th out of 20)

Top 5 Multi Color (4th out of 24)

~ Concho Gadabouts Do A Little Dance ~

Reserve National Champion Hunter (out of 43)

Reserve National Champion Western Country Pleasure

Reserve National Champion Jumper

Top 5 Western Country Pleasure (4th out of 20)

Top 5 Hunter (5th out of 28)

2x Top 10 Jumper

~ From The Heart Center Stage (Fame) ~

Top 5 Halter (5th out of 20)

Top 10 Halter (8th out of 22)

Top 5 Costume

And of course, pictures…

Twister and I

DSCN3514-2.jpg

DSCN3438-2.jpg

Trying to be patient and giving me the “treat eyes”

DSCN3425-2.jpg

Fame and I

DSCN3488-2.jpg

DSCN3485-2.jpg

DSCN3521-2.jpg

Dance

DSC_0034-2-1.jpg

DSC_0019-2.jpg

DSCN3419-2.jpg

DSCN3508-2.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

Munching hay while waiting for Hunter

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Slash, my trainer’s stallion, and I getting ready for our driving class

DSCN3515-2.jpg

Twister was an absolute joy to watch - did not know his history with the cart and would never have guessed he'd had a scare. Congratulations on well deserved wins!

Jan

Of course it is never good when a horse has an accident like that that they need to recover from, but, doesn't it kind of make your success with him (at Nationals!!!) that much more fulfilling? That is a great story and thank you for sharing it as well as your lovely photographs with us. You are beautiful and you have some gorgeous horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge congratulations. I know how much you guys have worked to get him back to the point were he was comfortable driving and look what he accomplished!

Congratulations! I know how happy you are that everything went so well in driving, especially with such a beginning to the year! Good jobs by you and your trainers! Aren't Nationals great!

Congratulations of your placings
default_smile.png

We always have a great time at Nationals and happy with our placings plus seeing all our old friends and making new one as well with helping everyone in our show family.....That is what Nationals is all about !

You were fantastic, looked gorgeous, and so was Blue Blazes. I love the way he gets so pumped up he brings such excitment and enthusiasm with him into his horses.

Ferin you are such a seasoned shower and you and Blue Blazes gave Twister the confidence he needed to pull this off. Very well deserved. Love You~

I saw Twister in the halter class and knew that had to be yours. He is just as lovely in person as in his photos. Didnt know about the accident but he looked just great. Congrats on everything
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Wow!!! Thank you Ferin for the kind words about us here at Blue Blazes. I am not sure that you

aren't giving us too much credit. Thank you for entrusting your beautiful Twister to us to work

with. He is an amazing animal. I remember crying when I saw how terrified he was of the cart

and crying again watching him take his well deserved National Titles last week. He really over came

many obstacles to get him back into cart and driving so beautifully. He is an amazing gelding and one you have every right to be proud of . Jim and I have grown to love the big ole BoBo. It just

goes to show that patience and love can accomplish miricles. . Add a little luck too.
default_wacko.png

Congratulations on all your placings with your beautiful horses. Your hard work was well rewarded.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Mary Frazier

Way to go Ferin! YAY! You look Fantastic, your horses look fantastic and wow did you do a great job together!
default_wub.png
default_smile.png
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif

Thank you all for the sweet comments! I couldn't have imagined a better first Nationals. It was amazing and something I'll never forget.
default_wub.png

Of course it is never good when a horse has an accident like that that they need to recover from, but, doesn't it kind of make your success with him (at Nationals!!!) that much more fulfilling? That is a great story and thank you for sharing it as well as your lovely photographs with us. You are beautiful and you have some gorgeous horses.
Thank you! It really does make how Twister did so much more fulfilling after everything we have gone through with him. He has come such a long way since the beginning of this year.

Back