We have a new baby!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]We had a baby! It's A Boy!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/COLOR] Oh man, was this a close call........[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/COLOR] I went out to check, and she was standing there with a redbag hanging out of her a little smaller than a basketball, and I just new we lost the foal, because the one part was dried and turning white.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]SO I didn't have a knife, and happened to still have my fake fingernails on, Thank god for them for a change!LOL[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]I sliced the bag with my nail, and the water came gushing out. I actually was able to reach both hands inside her(she was still standing for all this, never did lay down) and felt what I thought was an open mouth, I was upset but kept feeling, just knowing it wouldn't be a good outcome. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Then she pushed and I got ahold of a foot and reached back in and got the other, pulled it out, and broke the sack off of it's head. Then I finished pulling it out, I knew it would be gone, but I held it upside down and shook him, and all this fluid came out of his nose, and he started moving. YEAH!!!!!!![/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/COLOR] I just put them in the stall and he is looking for the milk bar....He is small and oh so cute, wish he had been a she, but we are soooooo Thankful That he is ALIVE! [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt][/COLOR]Jenny was real good with me helping her, thank goodness![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I think she may have had some sort of infection that caused the redbag, Nothing else explains why she had all that white discharge for so long.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Thank goodness for happy endings![/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]******I am going to post pics of the placenta to show you how white the one part was, I am not sure if it was white from being out so long, or if she had an infection that caused it, it was also hard feeling, and should not have been hard or discolored like that.*************[/SIZE]

IMG_3777MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_3783MediumWebview.jpg

IMG_3784MediumWebview.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a cutie! Glad he made it!!! I haven't had to deal with a red bag as of yet. No idea why part of it would be white like that.

[SIZE=14pt]oh thank goodness you went out when you did! brings back some awful memories, sounds like how i found Petunia but what was hanging out was white, the afterbirth looked just like the picture you posted though. my heart feels like it is going to burst right now, so glad your baby is o.k.
default_yes.gif
: . what a sweet little boy
default_wub.png
: . Nikki [/SIZE]

:aktion033: congrats,

thank goodness the foal and mother were okay. I am so glad you were there.

I love happy endings.
default_wub.png
:

Michele, CONGRATS on a beautiful little boy.
default_wub.png
: I am so glad to hear both Mom and baby are doing good.
default_wub.png
: It sure is a good thing that you found her when you did. I have a little experience with a red bag, (mini mare..no jennys) but the red bag mine had didnt have any white. Yours almost looks like it is dried up, and no it shouldnt of been hard. I would ask the vet about that. I sure would like to know why its white and looks dried.
default_wink.png
: How many to go? Corinne

Congratulations, this is great news! I'm so happy too that you were there for her and the little guy lived. Just for the heck of it, I'll print that off, my vets coming back out next week, I'll ask him what that is too, more opinions are good. I think it was infection too but anyway, I'm so happy for you. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

WOW that is great news!! I am so thrilled you were able to get down there for her (and him)! Is your vet coming out? I wonder what they'll say...

:aktion033: Thank Goodness that he arrived fine ! Congratulations :aktion033: -

The white on the placenta I saw it on our rescue mare dasiy when she foaled- and she definately had discharge for 2 weeks prior to delivery. The foal did not make it but I definately remember the white on the placenta because both vets pointed it out(never asked about it was to busy)- wish I took pictures- she was also a very dry birth for a few reasons- for future info

Tiffany

What a cute little guy!
default_wub.png
:

I'm so glad everything worked out well and Mom and Baby are both doing fine.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back