WE ARE IN LABOR!!! AHHHHH

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is still in prayers, I hope it was good day for all of you.

Riley has been so up and down, back and forth and back again today, I wasn't sure what update to give,,,so I suppose that's the update. Lots of adjusting medication to help with a number of things and hoping they get the right amount of the right thing to get her body to settle. It's my understanding this isn't all that uncommon after this type of surgery.

Mom and dad are very tired but seem to be holding up.

Blake is such a champ, eating more each day, growing and bringing a bright spot to everyones day. For now, his surgery is to be 2 weeks from today, could be shorter if he runs into problems, or longer if he stays strong.

Thanks for all the support and I'll try to answer the emails sent when I get a chance.

Oh bless your guys hearts... You guys have been through heck and back. I am sop glad to hear that mommy and Blake are doing well. I havent been on much lately with me taking care of my newborn as well. I will be paying though for Precious Riley and Blake. I hope he continues to do well.
default_smile.png
hang in there you guys. The power od prayer and positive thinking makes a huge difference.

Still sending prayers, and extra prayers that Riley stabilizes and grows stronger. Your daugter is a very strong person!

For the first time since she was born, Riley opened her eyes today!!! A lot of babies don't when they are in so much discomfort and she hadn't. They made her a little cloth tent to filter the light and to keep her from being startled. She has had one medication taken away. Nothing really big, but it is progress no matter how small, and we'll take it!!

We'll take tiny steps - so glad to hear of a little positive. Hopefully there will be more positives now. Praying for a quick recovery. Also glad to hear Blake is doing well.

Barbie

With all these surrogate moms, aunts and grandma's praying for their improvement, what could they possibly do but get better? C'mon lil ones, we're waiting for pictures of you both at home with momma and daddy (and maybe you could squeeze grandma in there too).

Lots of thoughts and prayers for Riley and Blake, I think of them often. I'm so happy to hear of Riley's progress! What a little fighter

Continued prayers for Riley! That is a wonderful step in the right direction. And d/c-ing a med or taking off a line was always cause for celebration with our hospitalized babies. It's so nice to see those things go!

Hugs,

Barbara

Goooooooood news!

They took Riley off of BP medicine and one of the heart medications this morning so basically her heart would do the work the medicine was doing, and she has done great without it!!!!!! She was very swollen after the surgery and that has gone down a lot. She had her eyes open a lot, and she is so done with all of this they had to put a little weight on her hand the IV is in, she wants it off. She is kicking off her blanket and her oxygen was cut from 80 percent to 20 percent and she's holding at 100 percent!!! Great!!!

Soooooo sooooooo GREAT!!!!

We are tickled beyond belief!!!

Thank you for ALL your prayers!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
THANKS for the wonderful update!! How exciting and encuraging for all! Sending continued prayers for those 2 little "fighters", Riley and Blake.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Thank is Awesome Carolyn! We are all waiting for the day when they both get to be home and just get to be well loved babies!

I have to check at least a couple of times per day to see how those babies are doing! I am so glad they are progressing so well. Continued prayers!

Carolyn

Latest posts

Back