Updated pic of my 8 month old Gypsy Vanner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
Thought I would post a new pic of our BIG boy we got back at the end of August. He is huge at 8 months, almost as big as my riding mare Stevie (yes, that's my one eyed girl in black). We had such a great time in the middle of the snow storm on the 26th. My nieces and nephews and my kids got to take turns riding her on the trails in the snow. My 19 year old niece made the comment "she is the perfect princess horse to ride out in a snowstorm" and my daughters tongue in cheek humor consisted of "i bet you when you take her out on the trails alone you gallop her around and pretend your Princess Mirada from the movie Brave!" Hope you all have a blessed happy new year!

551189_547110468634620_703493643_n.jpg

Sorry...can't resist singing..."Ebony and Ivory, live together in perfect har mony...." lalalala..LOL

In all seriousness, they appear as mirror images at this point. You would almost think you took this as a black and white study.

Maybe I wouldn't mind winter/snow so much if I had them to use as hand and body warmers. On second thought.....nyaaahh!!

LOL, I have said that he has as much black as she has white, but I never put it together with the song. Very cute! I took it in color and wished I had shot it in B&W instead of photoshopping it as B&W. I just like the the crisp contrast, and B&W hides his pale stains, LOL.

Lovely pic. Thanks for sharing, Carolyn. I hope you saw all the Gypsy Cobs in the Rose Parade today. I was glad to see them there again, since its been a few years since my daughter's troupe took part.

I would love to ride them bareback in the snow. What fun these horses are!

Aww, thanks everyone. Marty, she is a lot of fun in the snow. I prefer to use a saddle, but bareback is fun. The breed has a nice flat back which makes for a nice bareback ride, thank God she has a nice thick mane to hold onto while going uphill bareback
default_smile.png

It will be nice when he is old enough to be broke for riding. Right now if we have company, I borrow the neighbor's walker as a spare horse. I was happy to have one of my nieces go on a two hour ride with me(the only REALLY horse crazy one out of 15 nieces and nephews). That 14 year old girl was all smiles the entire time.

Back