Pics of my girls- Mya's eye update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
I don't come here much anymore but thought I would drop in and give an update on Miss Mya and the never ending battle with her eyes. Miss Mya is my spitting image and I often find myself wondering if it was really necessary to have a child that is so much like me
default_whistling.gif
I am going to have my hands full with her. She is almost 18 months old, and all of 20 pounds and 31". Hey, at least she will get to ride the minis for a long time! She is for sure a grandmas girl, even when I am around she must be with grandma. If we go shopping she has to ride in grandmas cart........we wont tell the other 15 grandkids that Mya is a bit more spoiled.....

Anyway, I am ready for spring to get here as it seems every cough and sniffle that goes around here Mya seems to get. Knock on wood since figuring out her allergy to cats she has only had one other allergic reaction and that was to a medication. However, by her endless runny eyes and sometimes runny nose I think she may have gotten a hefty dose of allergies from grandma. Aside from a cold and the flu this winter she also came down with pneumonia but it was caught at the beginning so treated right away. Super annoyed as she always seems to be very full of mucus in her cough but never really has any other symptoms to go with it.....again is spring ever going to get here????

Mya went back to the eye doc last week as some of you may remember she had a wandering eye. She had it patched everyday for 10 weeks. We have another 4 months of patching to go. She has improved slightly but it still is wandering. I think the doc just suggested trying to patch it longer since she is so good with it, but I honestly feel the next time back is going to end up with glasses. He did originally say she is near sided and has a stigmatism in both eyes. Hum, guess she got mom and donors eyes! We are both near sided.

Other then that she has been a happy bouncing of the walls little girl. I love her dearly and wouldn't have change the last year and a half for nothing! Here are some recent pics of her, and one of Emma. I haven't seen Emma in over a year but did get this pic sent to me at Easter time.

Mya 3.jpg

Mya.jpg

Mya2.jpg

Emma.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very beautiful little girls.
default_smile.png

My cousin wore glasses starting when he was very young. Once they get used to them, they seem to do fairly well with them. I believe he was cross-eyed and had an issue moreso with one eye. Seeing him now at 33 years old, you'd never know it though.

Your baby is breathtaking. She has such lovely features she's just gorgeous. i can imagine how busy she is keeping you. They are such fun at that age.

Little Emma is growing like a weed and already looks to be quite the young lady. Where does the time go?

It sure does go fast. Emma just turned 4 and its hard to believe Mya will be 2 in the fall.

Ashley, she is as CUTE as ever. And WOW, I cannot believe how big Emma has gotten! OH MY...that means I am still getting OLDER! LOL!

She is big, and I can't believe how much she's changed in a year!

Wow, Ashley the girls are growing so fast........ I can't believe how grown up Emma is..... and Mya is as cute as a button.....congrats girl....you should be a very proud Mama. ;)

Latest posts

Back