update on Thunder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korinne

Reaction score
I worked til 430 and then headed over to the vet clinic to see baby Thunder. The vet meet me at the door with a smile on his face and said come look at your baby. We went to the back and there he was sleeping peacefully on a blanket the girls had given him. He jumped right up when I went in and nursed and then started exploring his pen, licking the metal etc...all things he showed no interest in yesterday. He responded to my voice and loved a good neck scratch, again, yesterday he showed no interest at all. They are still giving him strong doses of antibiotics and a painkiller but he seems to be holding his own. They have taken the water bucket away from him so that he has to nurse more often. I was there for 20 minutes and saw him nurse twice. Tomorrow will be D day, they are going to try and not give him anything for pain, so we will see if he can tolerate that. If he can, we can bring him home!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Its been a long week and its not over yet...but I feel very encouraged by what I saw today. Keep the prayers coming please!!

Wow, that is great news. I still have one question on your baby, do you have a salt

or mineral block in the stalls, or is your feed high on salt? Could have made he want

the water. Just wondering. If so I would remove them. We had a huge problem with this

last year with two foals, and it cost us over $800.00 on test and all to find out it was the

salt block. Took me 2 months with our colt to clear him, and the filly about 3 months.

They developed ulcers too.

Wishing you the best with Thunder. I am so glad our prayers are being answered. I will

continue the prayers for him. I can't wait to see some pictures of this baby.

Vicky

I just wanted to add, I went over to your web site to see if there were any pictures of

Thunder. I was not able to find any. But wow, very nice web site, I love the beautiful

backgound. Very nice horses too. So glad Thunder is showing signs of improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy for you and your baby and I hope things go well when they take the pain killers from him and he comes home to grow into a very strong, kind and handsome mini.

Your Forum Friend FLFlyingW

Latest posts

Back