Update on nationals.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
Nationals was wonderful!! Mega mega gorgeous horses. Met lots of old friends and new friends. I was kind of looking for a horse,people said I have a younster, no definitely will not buy a baby. I am to old.Well anyways I got lost in one of the barns, saw for sale sign,looked in and saw 3 babies, walked on not interested.

Backed up really quick, stunned, laying there was a replica of my beloved Pokey, the horse who made me what i am. He did probably 25 tricks, haltered, drove, jumped and gave me the confidence to come out with what i do. Lost him to Cushings 6 years ago.I have never gotten over him.

I bought Poko because while he was in with 200 horses he walked up to me and looked me right in the eye. Horses don't do that very much.

I went in the stall with the baby he got up walked over and looked me right in the eyes!!!!!!!!Pokey had extremely distinctive markings and this little guy was an exact replica of him!!!! The owner knew Poko and really made it easy for me to purchase him.

Thank You Dale Ganger!!!!!!!!! 2 hours after my seeing him he was on his way to New Hampshire with the Bests!!!! Thanks Paul and the kids!

I cannot believe I bought a baby!!! Of course he is a perfect baby which made it easier.................

I fly home at 8 this morning. It was an amazing nationals i had a ball.

Had hoped to see Reo but didn't. I saw a lot of other people tho!

Hugs

Bonnie

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Bonnie honey!!!

I am so EXCITED for you! Sometimes the right one comes along when we least expect it. But that awesome feeling of finding it is what life is about! So happy for you!!!!!

Aw Bonnie! Our car is in the shop and we are going to try and make it up there today or tomorrow! I didn't know you were leaving so early! I WANTED TO SEE YOU!!! I thought we could share a dish of fried green tomatoes! *Rats*

I'm so happy for you that you bought a baby! Maybe it's your Pokey!

Let's see pics when you get home!!!!

Oh Bonnie, I am so happy for you
default_wub.png
That is what it is all about making that special connection with a special horse
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

What a wonderful post Bonnie!! I wish you all the best with your new little one and am so happy you have such a wonderful time at Nationals. You deserve it!

Bonnie that gave me goosebumps reading it!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

I am sooo happy for you!!! Good luck with him!! And hope to hear many updates about how wonderful he is!!!!

~kathryn

Oh my gosh Bonnie!!! That is awesome!!! You were there for a REASON!!! And you know better than most that things happen for a reason!! That is terrific!

Hope you can post pics when you get home. Glad you enjoyed Nationals! Isnt it a hoot??!! Great people and awesome horses by the tons!

Congratulations Bonnie !! I am so happy for you, you deserve this baby, he was there just for YOU
default_smile.png

You HAVE to post pictures as soon as you can.

Congratulations Bonnie. I think our most special pets are those who pick US out instead of it being the other way around.

Congrats on your new baby!! Thats awesome!! I am sad that we didnt get to meet at the show...it's always so hard to know "who is who". there (altho somehow people seemed to know me...lol)

Bonnie, just wanted to tell you that one of my friends had her horse read by you, and she was very happy about it! You made her day, and afterwards we told her you had read animals for us also. You added a lot of excitement, humor, and good news to her day! Thank you so much for that!

How awesome.
default_biggrin.png
I can't wait to see a photo of the two of you together.
default_wub.png

And the foal is in the best hands with the Bests!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie, just wanted to tell you that one of my friends had her horse read by you, and she was very happy about it! You made her day, and afterwards we told her you had read animals for us also. You added a lot of excitement, humor, and good news to her day! Thank you so much for that!

Thanks,I met so many nice people. Lots of skeptics but I always say I would for sure be one if I wasn't the one doing it. It was a wonderful experience and I needed some fun.

Could have done without the food poisoning tho........... it has cured my zest for fried green tomatoes,glad I only ate 3 slices.

Hugs

Bonnie

Oh. so you ate at one of the same restaurants we did! I had the fried green tomatoes too, but didn't get sick. I love green tomatoes, but those didn't taste too good to me. There was a bad stomach virus going around though. One of the youth in our barn was taken to E.R., (worried it was swine flu) but thank goodness was "only" a stomach virus. Several adults also had it.

Congratulations, wonderful that you found your horse! Funny the way things work out sometimes.
default_smile.png
I'm sorry I missed you, didn't realize you were leaving early and just got caught up in horse show stuff! We'll look forward to updates on your new baby!

Jan

The "Perfect Baby" is home now and of course he is......."perfect"! The Bests treated him like royalty and took great care of him.

He is of course the darling of the barn and is scaring the daylights out of the big horses when he comes and goes by their runs.Of course he is so very smart it amazes everyone. (I may kinda point it out to them all).

You know how babies will usually make the baby faces at the older bigger minis,well that's what I thought he was doing to Bert but he reached up and bit him on the nose instead.........it may be a long 3 years....
default_biggrin.png

I already can't wait until he can get "that" attitude adjustment.

Everyone who comes into the barn goes ohhh a babee,but then someone tells them no,it's the "perfect babeeeeeee"! And looks at me.
default_wink.png

I am having so much fun I don't want to leave at night.I know Larry is looking down and loving him.

Having to much fun,

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

So glad you finally found your friend, good luck and enjoy yourself..

hugs to you

angel
default_saludando.gif

Back