Update of Chip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooreAcres

Reaction score
For those of you who are following Chips progress, he is doing fantastic. Hes been with trainer, Lisa Pichler and the whole Gallery crew, since early Decemeber. Hes been "done" for quite sometime now, but I think shes just enjoying having him around hehehe. I've been up twice now to drive him and boy is he fun. Hes got the power and enthusiasim for the job. Lisa was surprised when I reminded her the other day how old he was..."REALLY, hes TEN???"

On this last visit (a week ago), she mentioned how she wants to do a two page ad for the local club newsletter/magazine to help promote her training and sales horses. She really wanted to use Chip, both halter shots as well in harness! Of course I told her YES! She body clipped him the other day and sent me a few quick pictures from her phone, that I have attached below. Not the best, but she will be getting better ones with her camera in the next couple weeks. Those she will email and send me a disc so that I can share them with all of you. Oh and did I mention...? This ad will also end up on her website and in the JOURNAL!!! I never would have imagined that my boy, my "nothing" of a gelding who ever be in the Journal
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
I am just tickled pink. I can not thank Lisa, Helyn, and the rest of the crew for taking such fabulous care of my main man! I never worry or fret about him being gone this long from home, I know he couldnt be in better more loving hands.

IMG00395-20110221-1227.jpg

IMG00396-20110221-1227.jpg

You're so silly!! The only reason he's been "a nothing of a gelding" is because you haven't DONE anything with him! Chip has always been a fabulous boy as, I'm sure, are his siblings. I can't wait to see the pictures of him driving.
default_wub.png

Chip is proof that they only get better with maturity.

Leia

Chip is just a youngster at 10! It's the show world that's insane, calling a 3-year-old a senior.

This is only the beginning for Chip...

Erin...I agree with Leia and Susanne! Deb and I were just talking about this...when she asked why you never did anything with him...LOL! I am sure he is SO much happier now...he has a job and doesn't have to fret about the girls anymore. I've always liked him and he looks really good!
default_wub.png

When will he be coming home?

Just found this pics on my phone too!

He looks wonderful Erin!!! Lisa is lucky to have a nice, level tempered guy to work with. They do love their jobs! Congrats!

Thanks guys for all the sweet comments
default_smile.png
To me, Chip has never been a "nothing" horse, I've just been lazy (I admit it) and never done much with him. Hes been gelded about 6-7 months now and is LOVING his new job. He goes out with three other geldings and they share a fenceline with a few mares. Chip still thinks its his job to keep those young 3-4 year old away from those nasty mares, so he just gently herds them off
default_smile.png

Lisa is always telling me how smart he is and what a quick learner. For example, when she feels them get a tad heavy on the front end, she half halts, asked them to back a couple steps, and almost pop foward to engage their rearends again. Chip has learned to by pass the backing all together. He half halts, his front feet pop up off the ground about 2", and he takes off again, rearend driving hard. She swears hes saying "My bad, heavy on the front! Lets go!"

I miss him, but not quite as much as I thought I would. I know he is just as loved there as he would be here. And hes loving those evening carrot and apple chunks along with warm beet pulp every night ;)

Linda -- Not sure exactly when he will be coming home to tell you the truth. He will be participating in Lisas photo shoot first, which is planned for the next week or so. I figure whenever she gets tired of playing with him, shell asked me to come get him. I'm preparing myself for that to be a long way off yet LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found this thread... having met Chip this past weekend (and you, of course) I have to add my input-Chip is stunning! And sweet!

200114_1904979861432_1149824875_2352353_1691293_n.jpg

Chip looks gorge-ee-oso!!! How fun for you!
default_aktion033.gif
Lisa does a great job, that is for sure. And they are the NICEST folks!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back