Turtle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
Went out to get the minis in and look what I seen, just taking a walk from the creek to my pond.

Turtle3.jpg

Turtle.jpg

He or she sure looked big to me and surprise how fast they can move. :new_shocked:

Sorry wasen't getting any closer :517:

I think the long tail gives it away. They are ornery and surly and grouchy. Old wive's say it will rain when you see turtles on the move. If you get some rain there, please share it further south...

[SIZE=14pt]I pulled up to ones of those crossing the road one time to show my son.... I got a pencil to show him WHY you dont touch them.... he broke the pencil with 1 bite......[/SIZE]

April

Im not so sure its a snapper.

In the second pic, it looks like he has some color on the side of his head. Snappers dont, but I know sliders do.

Snapper

Slider

Both have long tails.

Edit to say, It also looks like it has a yellow underbelly/shell. Another suggestion of a slider.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure looks like it "could" be a snapper...I don't believe the yellow bellies tails are quite that long and thick ....if what I'm seeing in that bottom pic is the tail. Towards the top of the pic I also note a little notch or ridge which our snappers have ridges going the length of the shell...they would kinda remind you of a dinosaur.

This could be a snapper and this time of year at least here they are laying their eggs and with all that dirt around there is plenty of place for her to do that. In person did it have sort of a dinosaur tail? Snappers have been on the move here for roughly two weeks and they do love newly turned dirt to lay their eggs.

Judging by how small the shell is and the look of the head I dont think it is a snapper...enless they look like that where u live. The ones we have are REALY fat and there tails are alot thicker. I personaly dout it is. But i could be wrong
default_yes.gif
:

Im not so sure its a snapper.

In the second pic, it looks like he has some color on the side of his head. Snappers dont, but I know sliders do.

Snapper

Slider

Both have long tails.

Edit to say, It also looks like it has a yellow underbelly/shell. Another suggestion of a slider.

default_yes.gif
: WAS a SNAPPER from those picture. Glad I didn't try to pick it up. :eek:

Hubby just told me, that yes it is a snapper, he has seen them before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back