Trying this again...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, forgot to add - I didn't get a chance to watch Dr Oz. Maybe you can share some of the tips he gave?

Thank you. It snowed again this morning, and let's just say, I made sure I kept my head down. Lol.

So far there hasn't been any difference with the drops.
default_sad.png
I think I'll stay off the laptop this weekend, so that I can rest my eyes some.

I thought for sure that I'd gained this week, so it was a pleasant surprise.
default_smile.png

Thank you for posting that link, I'm going to go there right now.

Hi ladies (and gents if you're here, sorry I didn't see you)...I just stumbled into this forum and thought I'd say hello! My hubby and I are hoping to shed a few pounds/inches as well. We just started the BeachBody/Shaun T "Insanity" workout program a few days ago. I have been doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) off and on for two years, but this workout is a different kind of intensity!! Hubby is a soda junkie and I am a dessert addict. Not sure what is doing it, but hubby and I both noticed we have not craved our "fixes" nearly as badly since we started this workout. (I type this while eating a s'mores Toaster Strudel...but right now we don't have anything else thawed for breakfast!
default_whistling.gif
But we generally do eat semi-healthily.)

I found it ironic that you were discussing cutting out snacking, as our current program recommends eating 5 times a day!

One thing that has helped my eating habits greatly was shifting my mindset from deprivation ("I can't eat X, [or more than X portion size]") to discipline ("I don't eat X [or more than X portion size]").

Looking forward to everyone's progress!!

I give you a lot of credit SugaryCharm. I think I'd have a heart attack if I tried to do anything high intensity. Lol. Do you have a lot to lose, or are you just looking to tone up?

Keep us posted SugaryCharm on how the work out is going for you!

I have to say I just found my son has Just Dance for his Wii. My dad gave him that, a balance board and Wii fit too. I just danced for an hour with out even realizing the time. It was so fun! I'm horrible so I would NEVER do this in front of anyone but what a great work out! I'm truly tired!

I like HIIT because it's basically supposed to feel like a heart attack
default_laugh.png
And it doesn't take a lot of time to do, just 15-45 minutes instead of hours at the gym. I wouldn't want to do HIIT at a gym or in front of anyone but my hubby because I huff and puff and grunt like I'm dying, LOL. I am actually not sure what I weigh (don't own a scale) so I'm not sure what my target loss would be...I guess I'm mostly hoping to add some muscle and lean up to keep my jeans comfortable
default_yes.gif
IIRC when I first started HIIT I actually gained weight but my clothes fit better because I was swapping fat for muscle!

Jacks'thunder, those are some great Wii games! It is nice when you can make exercise at least a little bit fun--the time passes so much faster!!

I have a Wii and a Kinnect. They have gotten very little use. I live in a mobile home and when I start stomping around, you can hear the floors 'groan'. I might have a tiny fear of falling through, even though I know it's impossible (we have really good floors). Lol.

I've been able to lose about 25 pounds recently, and it's been easy (which it has not EVER been for me!). Mainly just eating A LOT of veggetables, which I love (all kinds, mostly cooked) and less of whatever else it is we are having with the meal. I actually like the veggies a lot anyway, and eat a lot of "unsweetened apple sauce" that I add artifical sweetner, cinnamon, and a dash of salt to. I am not happy unless I have like a buffet happen on my plate (I like a lot of different things). I'm also making sure I eat in the morning. I really think that helps to jump start your metabolism. I've been meaning to ride my recumbent (sp?) bike 5x a week, but... I'm better at eating my veggies! I hate dieting / LOVE to eat. Honestly, I bet I spend a couple hours a day, or maybe more, thinking about "what am I going to eat next" and if you add in also thoughts about what the animals are eating, it's nearly a full time occupation
default_sad.png
It's probably my favorite form of entertainment (eating, that is!).

PS my "go to" sides are that unsweetened apple sauce that I doctor up (very low cal) and canned green beans... I think a WHOLE can of them is only like 80 calories, and you feel like you really ate something, or at least I do, if I have a number of things on my plate. Hoping the tip can help someone else, too!

I hate dieting / LOVE to eat. Honestly, I bet I spend a couple hours a day, or maybe more, thinking about "what am I going to eat next" and if you add in also thoughts about what the animals are eating, it's nearly a full time occupation
default_sad.png
It's probably my favorite form of entertainment (eating, that is!).
I think you may be one of my long lost sisters because you just described me to a 'T'. Lol. Congratulations Jill on the weight loss. That's great! I'm not a big veggie person, unless I make potatoes, beans, peas, corn, or green beans as a side to go with dinner (not as often as I should). I could completely survive without fruit, since I'm not a big fan of it. In fact, I've been on Pinterest trying to find more creative ways of eating fruit (desserts, in yogurt, dried).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. As for the weekly goal of not eating after 6:00, I FAIL. Sunday night we stayed out late and didn't even get to eat dinner until around 7:30. As for my personal weekly goal of keeping a food journal, that has been a success. In fact, it is becoming somewhat of an obsession to weigh my food and log it now. I have only went over my allowed amount once since last Friday. And even better, I've allowed myself chips (in moderation) and am now tired of them.
default_smile.png
I think it's telling myself I can't have them, that makes me obsess over them. My new goal this coming up week is to try to fit more fruit and veggies into our diet somehow.

I have been reading Dead Doctors Don't Lie. Something I read in it yesterday concerning weight was "eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess, and dinner like a pauper." I pretty much mix those rules to my busy schedule but never see pauper and stay on princess most of the time and occasional queen. Maybe if I change my reign a bit I could lose some muffin top.
default_whistling.gif

I'm trying to eat like a pauper five times a day. It's not so bad after the first week UNTIL you go out to eat....then weeks of progress can be gone in the blink of an eye. Lol

Vickie, I have heard the same kind of advice, and I do sometimes eat like a Queen (or maybe PIG!) in the morning, but not usually. I love to eat, so much... Since I look forward to it, I try to "save it" when it comes to the bigger meal for when H and I can sit down together and really enjoy it. That's usually the evening for us, other than on the weekends or holidays. However, I think the advice is right on and I think it really gets you going and you probably can really eat MORE but also lose weight if it weren't so westernized to be focused on endulging more at the end of the day.

Sara, I think, for me, it's because I'm home and stuck in the house. If I'm able to do outside things I'm ok. I'm trying to keep busy but you can only do so much house work, seriously, how clean does my house need to be!! Hehehehe!
At least you are cleaning house; I'm not even doing that. 6-8' snow piles outside, 2-3' drifts I actually have to traverse; so I'm doing as little as possible outside; yet, I'm still not cleaning the house.

Ok, I'm failing miserably at anything lately. I'm sitting here with two brownies right now. Had hubby bring chocolate home from town (he brought Resen chocolate caramels and m&Ms); I'm was in a mood when I called him on the cell and told him to bring chocolate; I had just chased a cow around the corral a dozen times trying to get her into the barn to go mother up with her new calf. [the calf was easy, I threw him in hte sled and pulled him into the barn, darn cow wouldn't follow and it took at least a half hour of chasing to finally get her in, along with a dozen other cows.

This was just a fine end to my week, which started Tuesday when I found out my credit card had been hacked (a new card is on the way, the old one has been cancelled, what a hassle to get that all straightened out), and yesterday morning my computer had a nasty virus which was wrecking havoc with everything on hte system (luckily I was able to fix it with geek help over the phone and didn't have to drive 60 miles to town).

Sounds like the week I've had.
default_sad.png
Get a food scale and weigh your food. It has been the absolute best way of portion control for me. As long as I don't go over my allowed ounces, I feel guilt free no matter how much food is on my plate.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back