TROOPER @ 1mos Old -- "Rejected Orphan" Foal We're Hand Raising

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
"Trooper" is now 1 month old (4 weeks, 2 days). We have been hand raising him since 3 days old. He is doing very well!!! Never raised a newborn baby anything but he's thriving and Harvey and I are both very smitten with our boy
default_rolleyes.gif

He's now down to 3 formula feedings a day with grass, hay, and free choice Purina Equine Junior and milk pellets inbetween
default_yes.gif

It's been raining a lot this week. This morning was muggy, foggy and gross but that did not stop Trooper from having fun (and looking good if you ask his mommy!)
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for looking at this special boy
love0075.gif

[SIZE=18pt]Whinny For Me's Finely Dun, a/k/a Trooper[/SIZE]
2009 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Red Dun Colt -- Expected To Mature @ or under 33"

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion) and Out of Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks pretty darn nice for an orphan, you guys have done great with him.

He is such a cute baby!
default_wub.png
Well, worth it! How can you help but not spoil him rotten.

I was thinking of him yesterday and I was going to ask you for an update!!! You have done an AMAZING job with him, he looks spectacular!!!!!! He's a lucky boy to have you for his Mommy! Great Job!!!!!!!

He looks great, Jill!!!!!!
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
default_aktion033.gif

I am sure he is pretty special to you after this past month
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sweetheart!!! You guys did a great job caring for him - and it sure has paid off! He's a doll!!!!

Liz R.

He is looking great - you would never know he was an orphan. All that hard work is paying off - no wonder you are smitten with him.

Good job he looks really healthy and happy...l remember my first orphan foal but she lost her mom altogether l was so worried about her all the time but she did real good even went on and we showed her for a few years and then had a heck of a time with lots of tears letting her go on to a new home where she's just as pampered as she was here.. today you'd be hard pressed to hear she was an orphan she's as normal as anyone else so l think thats a good thing that they can adjust to about anything they have to with a little help along the way
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

He looks great Jill!! You are doing a good job, I know how attached you get when hand raising critters, I've raised all sorts, but never a foal.
default_smile.png

I'm just curious, do you keep him by himself or with other horses? I wondered how it works with horses, if they would tolerate him or if you have to keep him seperate for safety reasons until he is older.

Glad he is doing SOOO well! He sure is a neat color. Not many real red duns in miniature form. I have seen a few this year. Nice color.

You have done a wonderful job with him. He looks really great. I would never have guessed he was an orphan.You must be delighted at how well he has done. Good job. He really is a special little Trooper.

You DUNIT so good Jill. What a payoff for your efforts. That boy isn't lacking a thing, just look at him go. He's so cute.

Bring him on over to play with the Redneck.

Latest posts

Back