Trixie and Carole

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
updated pics of trixie 010.JPGupdated pics of trixie 015.JPGHello ladies

I have a few updatd pics of my lil Trixie. I also have a bit more info. I checked her ph level with the foaling test strips. It was darkish teal, looked like between

a 7 -8. I think this is good news. Does anyone else use these srtrips ? are they accurate ? Just a reminder Trixie was bred only on the 27-30 of August. I figured the 300 day to be about june 25. Trixie has looked very close to foaling for a least a month. I am hoping to get to day 300 at least.

Hi, what strips are you using, are they pool strips?

Judging by her body shape she looks very close, can you take a pic from behind to see how wide she is and 1 of her hooha and udder too please
default_smile.png

I will try to get pics from behind today . Maybe better pics altogether, I don't think I did a very good job this time.

Hard to tell if her nipples are pointing straight down w/he coloring but boy oh boy...she looks real close..I don't see too many wrinkles in her bag either. I and many others do use foal strip and are usually pretty accurate but they change really fast once you get to 7 IMO. Watch her real good from now on ..even testing Morning then later in the evening. Shouldn't be long now I don't think!!

I sure hope we can get to day 300. Nipples are basicly pointing down but not filled out. Just a very few wrinkles from behind. Trixie isn't due till August 4.

Great pics thanks. Foal-time strips are excellent and very acurate but you need to check a couple of times a day as they can change fast. As Heidi says once she gets to 7 she could go any time. I have had girls foal at night when they were testing 6.8 in the morning.

Her hooha looks ready but I think her udder could fill a bit more. I don't think she will go much longer before foaling.
default_smile.png

Foal time strips are very accurate, and I personally LOVE them. I wouldn't worry about hitting day 300 -- she's close enough for baby to be healthy and strong. I've had healtlhy "full-term" foals at day 297, and I know some have had them as early as 287, so shes close enough for you not to worry.

She's looking very good and ready if she wants. But I think she'll go a bit longer! She's just GORGEOUS!!! But you know, I'm partial to SPOTS!

Hello

Checked ph today. Looks like 7.0. Hoping to get to day 300. Tuesday !!!!

I know my lil leopard filly is in a hurry to meet us all but I really want her to wait a bit longer. I will say I am resting a bit easier since Diane says it okay now.

Thanks ladies for all your help.

Carole

Yes she is fine to foal now as long as you are there to help baby get started
default_smile.png

june 25 008.JPGjune 25 011.JPGHeres some pics from today. No utter pics as it was overcast and I just couldn't get them light enough.

I am going to check ph level again tomorrow. Hopefully it will not have changed, it would be nice to go a couple weeks more.

What do you gals think ? Does her shape look like we could go a couple more weeks ? Also is it safe to fly spay at this point ?

Due date August 4. Today is 300th day.

Carole

june 25 007.JPG

She is looking good!! It's hard to tell without her udder pictures, but hopefully she'll wait a bit for you. But, she's doing fabulous!

As Diane said it is hard to say, her uddet eill be the true sign.
default_smile.png
she looks fed up with it all though bless her, mine always get that look at the end.

Hello

I will try to get udder pics tomorrow. Will check ph again then also.

So until tomorrow............

Carole

Ps

I am praying for a no "action" nite again tonite.

WOW!! She's more or less ready to go! Time to be sitting up all night!! It has been know for ph to drop from 7 to foaling in four hours!! I wouldnt be leaving her alone during the day either.

Good luck and safe foaling!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back