Trixie and Carole

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Track Acres

Reaction score
Hello

Starting a thread for my lil Trixie. Trixie is 4 years old and not due to foal until about July 18 and is already bagging up. Her udder does get puffy and then goes down somewhat. She is a maiden mare and about 30- 31 inches . I do want to learn how to post pics as I think it will help to share what I see with more experienced breeders . I feel like I am going to be a basket case before this is said and done. Any help I could get with pics would be great. Thank you again for welcoming Trixie and I to this wonderful forum.

Carole

I have tried to attach a picure of Trixie taken a year or so ago.

Gal and trixie reg pic 012.JPG

Hi Carole, welcome to the Nutty Nursery
default_smile.png
Your little Trixie is adorable and I am looking forward to seeing what she is hiding
default_yes.gif
We would love to see a pic of daddy too.

Helpful pics to post at this stage are side shots of her body down at her level and an udder pic.

Once again Welcome
default_saludando.gif

Great to see that you have started your own thread for Trixie and well done with the picture as well - she's a very pretty little girl.
default_yes.gif

As Renee suggested a nice full-on side picture of her, down at her level, plus udder pictures if you can get them. Take the pics every 4 to 5 days for now as this will better show any changes she is making (taken every day at this stage makes it difficult to spot the changes).

A little tip/request - keep to this one thread for any questions/pictures/general chat about Trixie, you, your family/other animals etc. etc., - it means that we have all the 'info' in one place instead of have to read our way through multiple Trixie threads!

Oh my she is beautiful! You have a amazing girl! I cant wait to see new pictures of her! We will try to help keep you sane, and therre are so many nice aunties on this forum!

Welcome to our Nutty Nursery! We're so happy you've joined us here and hope you enjoy reading other threads too, as they are full of good information and you will be able to see the transformations, and since each mare is different, much information is spread amongst the threads.

We guarantee you, we are here with NO attitudes, and are willing to answer any questions you may have along the way. So, never be afraid to ask a question -- any and all are welcome -- even if you think it's a "stupid" question. We believe that no question is "stupid" -- and that any time we can share information and experiences with each other, we all learn. So, WELCOME!!

Pictures are important for us to see how Trixie is doing as she progresses. So, you'll see many, many pictures in the other threads, that may help you along the way, as you observe other mares as they moved forward.

Again, WELCOME!!! So glad you are here!!!

These folks will not only help you stay sane, they'll make you laugh, bring you back to earth with tact, enrich you with knowledge and generally make you feel welcome. And may I say, with all due respect and grin at the ready, that I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that "crazy" isn't that far from "foal".
default_yes.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Hello

Thank you for a warm welcome. I will keep all info and pics to this thread. I plan to attempt new pics today. Daddy is the picture above the member name. I know

he doesn't look like a homoz. horse but he is, I did the color tests on his tail hair. The only other foal I have had out of Coco was a beautiful red leopard. ( We lost Butterscotch to a rare form of pheumonia (sp) at the age of 5 weeks. ) It was some years before we had another foal as it was such an emotional ordeal . But last year we had Rowdy Ruby and it was a text book foaling and all went well and now she is about a year old and a lil spit fire. But here I am again worring over another mare. I guess I learn slow. LOL

Thank for all the help so far, I do plan to keep up with all that is going on with the different mares and foal pics.

Carole

Welcome! You will be very happy you have found this forum! Everyone is so very nice and helpful! Can't wait to see your new little one!!

welcome to the nursery
default_smile.png
so glad you have joined us!

your little girl is gorgeous and daddy to be is a spunk! looking forward to seeing those side on piccies, I'm sure everything will go fine, what sort of set up do you have for her?

Hello and welcome from Australia!

Will enjoy watching and waiting for this little one to arrive.
default_smile.png

Hello! Welcome! Beautiful girl you have there!
default_smile.png
Feel free to ask any questions, everyone is so helpful here!! :D

Hello
Got some pics of Trixie , just have to have enough sense to get them posted now. I am on dial-up so may be only able to post 1 or 2 at a time. Trixie has 10 x12 box stall at nite.
When its nice weather and daytime hours she is outside with 2 yearling fillies. For now we have sawdust on her floor ,but closer to time we will change that to clean brite wheat straw. Her staw is well ventilated and well lite. I do not however have electric in my barn.; I would like to know if there are any foaling alert systems that run without electric ?
;My barn is a far piece from the house so extension cords are not possible. Her udder is considerable down today, but you can tell by the loose skin that it has been much more swollen at some point in the past week or so. If it would stay the way it is today for a month or so it would not worry me so much but when it gets so swollen and tight that

birth looks any moment, thats when I get edgey. I am having trouble with pics, didn't have trouble the other day. I used the little box that says image. Not working for me today however.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the pictures are on your computer, you can come to the reply box and click on "More Reply Options". Then at the bottom of the new box, there is a box that says "Browse" and you can find the picture on your computer and click on it.

Under the "Browse" is a button that says "Attach This File". That will upload it to LB, and will give you a box on the right that says "Add To Post | Delete"

Wherever you place your cursor and hit the add to post, it will add the picture in there.

Since it only loads one photo at a time, it might be easier than trying to use the picture box.

Hope it works for you.

If the pictures are on your computer, you can come to the reply box and click on "More Reply Options". Then at the bottom of the new box, there is a box that says "Browse" and you can find the picture on your computer and click on it.

Under the "Browse" is a button that says "Attach This File". That will upload it to LB, and will give you a box on the right that says "Add To Post | Delete"

Wherever you place your cursor and hit the add to post, it will add the picture in there.

Since it only loads one photo at a time, it might be easier than trying to use the picture box.

Hope it works for you.

Thanks for the pics, it is hard to see how far she is at this angle. Next time can you take the udder shot from behind and the tummy shot down at her level.
default_smile.png
Thanks

Hello

I sure will. I probably will get that done today as I will be at the barn most of the afternoon. In the pic I sent of her milk sac it does not appear full or tight but

it does change , and sometimes it very full and very tight.

Carole

Is it fuller and tighter in the morning? They normally swell more during the night and then go down during the day after exercise, the day you bring her in for the night and it is still swollen is usually the day she will probably foal
default_thumbup.gif

It is fuller in the a.m. when she has been stalled. I worried that she was bagging up early as she was exposed to the stallion Aug.27-30. So her due date is pretty far of.

I will try to get better pics soon .

How is she doing? She is such a beauty, I am getting excited to see what she is hiding
default_yes.gif

Carole, welcome to the nutty nursery from Diamond, my mare, and I am Nicole. I don't get much free time to join in on fun here, but my mare is in early labor tonight. I am the only human coherant right now in my house, so I have time to visit tonight between checks.

Diamond was taken to a breeder at the same time your mare was bred. Turns out she is a hussy and came to us preggers in July.

But Trixie is a cute girl and I can't wait to see what surprise she has for you! Welcome here, you will find great Aunties to keep you sane. I have and this is my first time. Good luck to you and Trixie.

Latest posts

Back