Treasure doesn't look very pregnant

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracy, this doesn't help any BUT my mare looks like her from above and I have concluded she is NOT pregnant, although my vet said in JUNE I should have a baby soon!!!!!!!!!

I think my mare is just enjoying the benefits of me thinking she was pregnant!! and has added a few pounds!! Of course, I am glad my mare is not pregnant!

I don't think she looks bred just a little portly BUT what do I know!!

You did say the seller said she hid it well!!

My original vet quoted me $120.00 to do an ultrasound BUT I just heard from a friend that her vet does it for $25.00??? I would have had the vet here months ago for $25.00 BUT it is not worth $120.00 to me.

What would your vet charge to ultrasound, it would save you alot of sleep!!!!!!

Maybe her dates are wrong??

I just checked your webcam, maybe she is bred
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
wacko.gif

From the June hind pic she looks SKINNY. The current pics she looks FAT. I am 80% sure she doesn't look pregnant. Have they ultrasounded her?

I don't understand why so many put themselves thru such aggravation  wondering if their mares are "really" pregnant, when you can have them checked by a vet.
OK....what makes them "pretty darn sure" she is pregnant? Did they have her vet checked or anything?
Okay, Dona, maybe it's the marestare and lack of sleep that's making me over-sensitive. Or maybe it's the fact that I may be facing a HUGE disappointment with the loss of this pregnancy. Maybe I just need chocolate and a nap. But your comments seem overly critical and I just had to mention that it feels hurtful.
Treasure hasn't gone into heat in almost a year. She was pasture bred May 19-Sept 1.

I called the previous owner tonight and asked if she was sure of her dates. She was not 100% sure of the last date. Her life at that time was in complete upheaval.

I spent some time trying to feel the baby tonight and I wasn't able to.
crybaby.gif

I've made an appointment with the vet to have her palpated next week. I don't have high hopes at this point.
no.gif

For the record...

not everyone can have there horses checked by a vet my vet is over 6-3 and way to big to US or palpate he (nor I ) feel comfortable using a wand as it is very hard to "feel" according to him and other vets I have spoken with any tightning that can happen and be a warning to back off or go slower ect.

It just simply isnt an option for everyone and not all US are strong enough to do a correct external

Latest posts

Back