training to lead

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHF Fancy

Reaction score
I have 2 yearling mini donks and they are inseparable. I've been trying to get them to lead but they just don't want to walk especially if one is left behind. How can I encourage them to lead and be willing to go where I want them to without stressing them? I can't work with 2 donkeys at once and I really want these boys to be trained to drive in the future. I'm at a loss at this point.

[SIZE=10pt]Hi!
default_saludando.gif
I have two 10 month old jennets, also inseperable. We have been working at this leading thing for several months now and they are doing great (we've had our moments though
default_rolleyes.gif
). I tie them up about 3 foot or so apart, and take one out at a time and we "work". The first few times we did this I didn't travel very far from the other girl. They weren't real happy about this at first, but now it's a piece of cake. No stress, no problems, and they are traveling farther and farther away from their buddy. I want these gals to be trained to drive also. That will be a whole 'nother ballgame I'm sure
default_wacko.png
[/SIZE]

Praise (and occasional treats) for doing what I'm asking them to do has also done wonders. I know that others more knowledgeable than me will advise too. This forum is wonderful, and I've learned so much
default_wub.png
Good luck with your boys! Let us know how it goes!

Do you have pictures of them??
default_smile.png
We love pictures
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back