This child has trained my mini to ride

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarah is a small 7 and weighs between 35-40 lbs. She's just really tiny for her age. She wears a size 5, I believe. CD is 33 inches, but a big boy (needs to lose some weight) I am a little concerned about putting a bit in her hands because I don't want her to hurt his mouth. I thought we'd ground drive (steer) him a while before we give her the reins. She rides western, so she tried to neck rein him, which he doesn't understand. Amy, I'll contact you about the rigging you suggested.

Here is a picture at a trot, a little choppy I'm sure with the short legs, and her hands aren't as quiet. that's why I worry about a bit. Maybe I should suggest she hold on to the horn?

0035framed.jpg

Surely goes to show that you dont have to be 2-3 years old to ride an A size mini!

I would check with her instructor and see how she feels her hands are?

This just warms my heart. These 2 were meant to find each other. He doesn't need a bit, he'll do what she asks, he knows in his heart what is in her head. Have her hold the reins in one hand and balance with her other by the horn. Once she gets his trot comfortable she will use both hands. They are both pure treasures.
default_wub.png
:

Little kids are my favorites. theres a little girl [ a small6yrs old ] who rides a large QTR horse at our Gymkhanas. the horse is aprox 30 yrs. shes pretty competetive because her horse will do just anything for her. theres also a very small Icelandic pony ridden by a girl who cleans up in pole bending . so GO FOR IT!

:aktion033: Yes go for it. Miniature are horses and can be ridden.. too cute and they make a perfect pair. You can see in on both thier faces they are having the best of times.
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back